BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 19h, 40m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 1923MB of 3073MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: Some Bob Versions        Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 am 
Ive read about some bob versions here: http://www.d2ca.org/text/sw-catalogs/so ... 1x2x3x.txt

Code:
- Microsoft Bob 1.0 Plus Pack                    Microsoft Corporation              1995  DMF               3.05MB      1
- Microsoft Bob 1.00 OEM BETA 1A                 Microsoft Corporation              1994  CD-ROM           11.49MB      1
- Microsoft Bob 1.0a & MS Bob 1.0 Plus Pack      Microsoft Corporation              1995  CD-ROM           33.00MB      2
- Microsoft Bob 1.0a Gateway 2000 Edition OEM    Microsoft Corporation              1995  CD-ROM           38.41MB      1
- Microsoft Bob 1.0a OEM                         Microsoft Corporation              1995  CD-ROM           14.34MB      1

may anyone has them? :D

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:59 pm 
FTP Access

I have a version of MSBOB. Is it possible to get it running on Vista? I tried to, but it wouldn't run properly.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:18 pm 
squidward_ wrote:
I have a version of MSBOB. Is it possible to get it running on Vista? I tried to, but it wouldn't run properly.

weird, it always worked here for me.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:42 pm 
FTP Access

Please could you tell me how I can get it working. Thankyou! :wink:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:53 pm 
squidward_ wrote:
Please could you tell me how I can get it working. Thankyou! :wink:

it was pretty hard: install it, start it :P

at least here

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
I think you need the 32bit version of Vista...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Vista x64 SP1
Yeah you would do, it's a 16bit app so won't run in Vista 64bit.

MS BOB 1.00 and 1.00a are on the server. I uploaded the Gateway Edition about a month ago as well so that should be there to.

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit, AMD Phenom 9950BE OC to 3.01GHz, 8GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz, 1TB HDD, BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 285 OC 1GB, SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition Champion Series

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 pm 
FTP Access

I have the 32-bit version of Vista Ultimate, NOT the 64-bit version. :)

BTW, wouldn't the Gateway edition one only work on Gateway PCs?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
squidward_ wrote:

BTW, wouldn't the Gateway edition one only work on Gateway PCs?

Does Adobe Acrobat only work on Adobe PCs?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm 
FTP Access

But Adobe isn't a PC manufacturer. When I got Windows 1.0 for Zenith Data systems from the BA server and tried to install it on VPC 2007 SP1, it wouldn't boot from the floppy saying ''No system''.
Do you think it is because it looks for something like a ''tattoo'', (OEM info in the BIOS), and if it can't find that info, it won't install.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 pm 
squidward_ wrote:

Your sig is telling otherwise.
According to your sig, you're running Vista Ultimate, AND windows xp X64, which implies you're
dual booting them, and if you're not, then you need to reflect the 2 different systems
in your sig as they're misleading.
Not trying to be picky, but you're certainly hard to keep up with. :|

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:36 pm 
Donator

Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

According to your sig, you're running Vista Ultimate, AND windows xp X64, which implies you're
dual booting them, and if you're not, then you need to reflect the 2 different systems

Nothing is implied by his sig. Given that 32-bit windows is the standard, one can safely assume that unless stated otherwise he's running the 32-bit version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:27 pm 
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

Nothing is implied by his sig. Given that 32-bit windows is the standard, one can safely assume that unless stated otherwise he's running the 32-bit version.

Nothing is implied by his sig now, because he just went & changed it, as i knew he would.
So here's what his sig looked like before he changed it.
As I said above, he's hard to keep up with.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:52 pm 
Donator

Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

Nothing is implied by his sig now, because he just went & changed it, as i knew he would.

It was the old version I was referring to. There's no mention of a x64 Vista and considering how the standard format for operating systems still is 32-bit it's flawed reasoning to assume it's x64 simply because of a mention of x64 in the context of XP.

Think of it like this, a car normally has four wheels while there are cars with more. If someone then says that they have a car it's safe to assume that it's a four wheel car. Or would you be confused if someone said for instance: "I have a Mercedes and a six-wheeled Range Rover" and think that the Mercedes had six wheels as well?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:57 pm 
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

It was the old version I was referring to. There's no mention of a x64 Vista and considering how the standard format for operating systems still is 32-bit it's flawed reasoning to assume it's x64 simply because of a mention of x64 in the context of XP.

Think of it like this, a car normally has four wheels while there are cars with more. If someone then says that they have a car it's safe to assume that it's a four wheel car. Or would you be confused if someone said for instance: "I have a Mercedes and a six-wheeled Range Rover" and think that the Mercedes had six wheels as well?

You still missed the point being made about his sig, which said he was
running vista AND XP x64, which implied it was on the same system.
Does vista 32bit run on a 64bit system, I think not.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm 
Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

i dont see any problem there, i mean, vista 32 runs on a 64 bit system, and eg. D:\ is xp 64 and C:\ is vista 32, wheres the problem?

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm 
Donator

Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
ddew wrote:
Dion wrote:
squidward_ wrote:

Ok, now you're scaring me. Is your experience really that limited? x64 CPUs are fully compatible with 32-bit versions of software, in fact almost all x64 capable machines are sold with a 32-bit OS. Go use some google fu and read up on stuff before attempting to parade your opinions as absolute truth.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Dion wrote:

Did you REALLY just say that? Holy damn I wish that was just a very nicely sarcastic hidden meaning of a joke. :|

And Dion, Squidward changed his sig before to comply with the new rules, no conspiracy there for him to change his spec details.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile