[Offer] IBM WebBoy for DOS 4.0 (Web Browser for DOS)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
FronzelNeekburm
FTP Access

[Offer] IBM WebBoy for DOS 4.0 (Web Browser for DOS)

Post by FronzelNeekburm »

Pretty rare I guess - IBM WebBoy for DOS was a web Browser for MS-DOS made by IBM Japan.
Version 4.0 was the last Version released and I still regard it as the best web browser for DOS on the Palmtop PC 110 (A tiny IBM laptop - or rather "palmtop").

Features SSL 3.0, JavaScript 1.1, HTML 3.2 and so on. For todays websites it is obviously not that great, but for some older websites still interesting.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t1ih6lt5 ... 0.zip/file

Joet BERNARD
FTP Access

Re: [Offer] IBM WebBoy for DOS 4.0 (Web Browser for DOS)

Post by Joet BERNARD »

Its very interesting :OD
How to install it ?

oscareczek
FTP Access

Post by oscareczek »

There's literally a file called install.bat on a first floppy with usage…

Joet BERNARD
FTP Access

Post by Joet BERNARD »

Oops I didn't specify why... 😅😅😅
Just after running the install.exe file, I just have a blinking underscore at the top left of my screen...

When I delete the @echo off line from the install0.bat file, the last line that I see is the lha line. I suppose it's uncompress the .lha files but there are nothing on the screen...
I'm a little impatient and I surely turn off my machine before the end 😅😅

I will try without the -n2c parameter later to see exactly what is happening...

Édit December 13 : 1st review, it can't be installed on a non japanese dos. I've tried with an msdos 6.2 japanese edition but I haven't the required ibm dictionary files...
I will try with an japanese IBM PC-DOS 2000 which include these dct files...

Edit December 14 : Packet Drivers aren't supported... Webboy need a lan manager. It comes with MS LanMan 2.1 but I can't run progman.exe... I will try with the version 2.20 but it's not the japanese version...

//Intermission : Now I know my problem. Webboy need an NDIS driver to run properly

Edit December 17 : Finally done ! I've configured successfully Webboy to browse the Internet ! I'll try with another forum, particularly suitable for minimalist configuration, to have a first review and then I'll post images from this topic. Webboy can't access to BetaArchive :cry: