BetaArchive
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/

[Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40379
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Siberian GRemlin [ Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

Command & Conquer: Red Alert v.09c (pre-release version)

EXEs dated 11 October 1996.
Game archives dated 16 January 1996.

http://files.siberian-studio.ru/sg/_bet ... t_beta.png

===========================================================

Good day, comrades.

This version was found on bootleg CD copied from an unknown source in 1996.
Maybe this version was used for some game shows and expos.
How it leaked from Westwood Studios and come to Russian bootleggers is unknown.
I just bought it from the previous owner, whom I will no longer meet.

===========================================================

What I found:
* Game have a few bugs.
* Bugged logic of entering into naval transport.
* Pre-release version of RAEd (official map editor).
* Wrong readme file;
* Pre-release design of some mission maps.
* Imbalance in missions, like: enemy has aircrafts, but player does not have any anti-air units and structures.
* Flag movies with pre-release versions of faction logos. United Nations logo for Allies.
* Soviet mission 1 intro movie with subtitles aligned to the left and slightly different text on it.
* Helicopters movie, which was used in the final version of the game intro.
* Pre-release version of the game intro (prolog) movie.
* Shipyard movie excluded from final version.
* No ore mines.
* No many movies.
* No many musical scores.
* Working sprites of the Hind helicopter: Orca sprites from C&C1 and text "Hind" on it.
* Credits button (WS logo) does not work in main menu.
* Funny pre-release version of credits.
* Few 3D rendered pictures, excluded from final version.
* Pre-release version of sound of Tanya's pistol shot.
* Pre-release version of sound of AA gun's shot.
* Few sprites from C&C: Tiberian Dawn.
* Ranger named Jeep.
* Chronoshift named Time Warp.
* Interior maps bug: infantry can walk through walls and no exit outside.

===========================================================

Known games crashes:
* Start Skirmish game.
* A mouse on MCV, maybe when the game tries to show a tooltip of MCV, so select it quickly or just use a group selection (frame) to select it.
* Load a saved game with a long play session.
* Clicking MB or pressing any key on the Result screen to speed up counting animation. Just don't touch anything until the game asks you.
* Just at start of any mission.

===========================================================

Gameplay and walkthrough no commentary, 1st play.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F_MiXpsjfA

===========================================================

Download link for public is coming soon this week. Stay tuned.

Author:  roytam1 [ Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

Siberian GRemlin wrote:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert v.09c (pre-release version)

EXEs dated 11 October 1996.
Game archives dated 16 January 1996.

http://files.siberian-studio.ru/sg/_bet ... t_beta.png

===========================================================

Good day, comrades.

This version was found on bootleg CD copied from an unknown source in 1996.
Maybe this version was used for some game shows and expos.
How it leaked from Westwood Studios and come to Russian bootleggers is unknown.
I just bought it from the previous owner, whom I will no longer meet.

===========================================================

What I found:
* Game have a few bugs.
* Bugged logic of entering into naval transport.
* Pre-release version of RAEd (official map editor).
* Wrong readme file;
* Pre-release design of some mission maps.
* Imbalance in missions, like: enemy has aircrafts, but player does not have any anti-air units and structures.
* Flag movies with pre-release versions of faction logos. United Nations logo for Allies.
* Soviet mission 1 intro movie with subtitles aligned to the left and slightly different text on it.
* Helicopters movie, which was used in the final version of the game intro.
* Pre-release version of the game intro (prolog) movie.
* Shipyard movie excluded from final version.
* No ore mines.
* No many movies.
* No many musical scores.
* Working sprites of the Hind helicopter: Orca sprites from C&C1 and text "Hind" on it.
* Credits button (WS logo) does not work in main menu.
* Funny pre-release version of credits.
* Few 3D rendered pictures, excluded from final version.
* Pre-release version of sound of Tanya's pistol shot.
* Pre-release version of sound of AA gun's shot.
* Few sprites from C&C: Tiberian Dawn.
* Ranger named Jeep.
* Chronoshift named Time Warp.
* Interior maps bug: infantry can walk through walls and no exit outside.

===========================================================

Known games crashes:
* Start Skirmish game.
* A mouse on MCV, maybe when the game tries to show a tooltip of MCV, so select it quickly or just use a group selection (frame) to select it.
* Load a saved game with a long play session.
* Clicking MB or pressing any key on the Result screen to speed up counting animation. Just don't touch anything until the game asks you.
* Just at start of any mission.

===========================================================

Gameplay and walkthrough no commentary, 1st play.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F_MiXpsjfA

===========================================================

Download link for public is coming soon this week. Stay tuned.

oh cool, I wonder if any of Red Alert 2 pre-release(for example, E3 build) will be leaked.

Author:  Siberian GRemlin [ Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

roytam1 wrote:
oh cool, I wonder if any of Red Alert 2 pre-release(for example, E3 build) will be leaked.

RA2 beta was leaked in summer 2000, but I have not found anyone who still has it.

Author:  Winins [ Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

Can you upload to the FTP? I would love to see it!

Author:  Siberian GRemlin [ Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CH_P9H ... sK6f9/view

Author:  roytam1 [ Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

Siberian GRemlin wrote:
roytam1 wrote:
oh cool, I wonder if any of Red Alert 2 pre-release(for example, E3 build) will be leaked.

RA2 beta was leaked in summer 2000, but I have not found anyone who still has it.

did a search here and found another thread about this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26014
but I don't know if that's real one or just a recreation.

Author:  GL1zdA [ Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [Offer] Command and Conquer: Red Alert pre-release v.09c

Siberian GRemlin wrote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CH_P9HuVa9dJ3MGz7oVRZauCVOVsK6f9/view

Nice. I always like to watch how the art changed during the development of the games and the deleted things.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/