BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 20h, 35m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 5699MB of 11719MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPost subject: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 pm 
FTP Access

I'm mainly interested in Windows XP Starter Edition for its nice wallpapers. While the English, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese versions of it can be found on the internet, I have been unable to find the Malay, Thai, Indonesian and Hindi versions. If anyone has those (or even the other 4, since BA's FTP doesn't have any XP Starter ISO) it would be nice if you could upload them to the FTP. Thanks.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm 
FTP Access

Hi, I have ENGLISH, RUSSIAN and SPANISH. I also have an incomplete version of THAI. Those three are in ISO files on My hard drive and the THAI one is on a CD with half of files deleted and overwritten by some large softwares. (Not the original one)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 am 
FTP Access

A few desktop backgrounds of Windows XP Starter Edition:

Ask me if you want any of them ^^ .

Last edited by ComputerHunter on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
Windows XP starter is on the FTP, check the database and you'll see.
Anyway your contribution might be of better quality than the copy on the FTP[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190114/4e80ca8f3cdcc5ec583df6bccdf76300.jpg[/img]

Last edited by SistemaRayoXP on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:34 am 
FTP Access

Yeah, I did check the database though I typed in "Windows XP Starter" rather than just "Starter". Silly me.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Not even only searching starter returns results. Just type "Windows XP" and below where it says filter, type starter

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:31 pm 
FTP Access

ComputerHunter wrote:

Can you send me them in a .zip, .rar or .7z? That would be great.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm 
Administrator

SistemaRayoXP wrote:
Not even only searching starter returns results. Just type "Windows XP" and below where it says filter, type starter

Uh, what?

https://www.betaarchive.com/database/se ... ?q=starter

Works just fine with only starter.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Offtopic Comment
Oh, my bad

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Vista 5212.winmain.050726-1915
ComputerHunter wrote:

Would you please share an archive of them? As PNG files?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 am 
FTP Access

@Longesthorn: Here they are, all in 800x600 BMP format and labeled with their country name. For some countries, there might be more than one wallpaper.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!wJcjTY6T!-38mdqkjrsoaBWyRvukHdpx7FDBX02qnm4mXAUbpMhU

@Maza: Yes, but they are all in 800x600 BMP format. I think that is the original resolution and format they are in, you can convert them into PNG easily. They are labeled with their country name and for some countries, there might be more than one wallpaper.

Regards,
ComputerHunter

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP Longhorn (3683)
I have the Windows XP Starter Edition OEM Turkish version. But, the key is missing.

The legendary OS is Windows XP

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Sounds perfect. That would be perfect for the FTP

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:06 pm 
FTP Access

ComputerHunter wrote:
@Longesthorn: Here they are, all in 800x600 BMP format and labeled with their country name. For some countries, there might be more than one wallpaper.

@Maza: Yes, but they are all in 800x600 BMP format. I think that is the original resolution and format they are in, you can convert them into PNG easily. They are labeled with their country name and for some countries, there might be more than one wallpaper.

Regards,
ComputerHunter

Thank you for sharing! The only problem is that a few of them are in low quality, especially the first Vietnam one which looks like an extremely compressed JPEG. I saw a screenshot of the Vietnamese XP Starter and its wallpaper looked better.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
since i don't have ftp access yet can someone tell me if the "5.1.2600.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158_x86fre_client-starter_oem_es-es" that is on there has the neutral wallpaper or the multi wallpapers? they would be in the "CMPNENTS/STARTER/1386/STARTOC.CAB" or if someone already has the STARTOC.CAB from this maybe they could post it if it has the multi wallpapers.not meaning to request but mainly curious as most the es ones have the single neutral one.

another note: Back in 2008 KenOath posted screenshots of the "Windows XP Starter Edition Eng-India" on here and it showed 4 wallpapers in the Appearance screenshot here https://www.betaarchive.com/screenshots ... arance.JPG Just wandering if anyone still has this or the STARTOC.CAB from it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
The pics are in fact in the second disc, inside the MSIs. And this is the multi wallpaper one, yes

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm 
FTP Access

I've zipped the wallpapers and other graphics from the second disc up if anyone wants them: https://mega.nz/#!MehgQYxA!qd6e0tlo4pvA ... pA8cJRCqb0. Has many wallpapers that aren't in ComputerHunter's pack.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 am 
FTP Access

@Longesthorn: Where did you get all those? Do you have the actual CD for those countries?

@Magirus - Deutz: Please send a link, the key is not important! Please...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:56 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP Longhorn (3683)
SistemaRayoXP wrote:
Sounds perfect. That would be perfect for the FTP

I can't install Windows. Because, Windows Setup is asking the key. But, the key is missing. And I can't skip the key. Does this cause problem for FTP?

ComputerHunter wrote:
@Longesthorn: Where did you get all those? Do you have the actual CD for those countries?

@Magirus - Deutz: Please send a link, the key is not important! Please...

alpha.burton wrote:
since i don't have ftp access yet can someone tell me if the "5.1.2600.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158_x86fre_client-starter_oem_es-es" that is on there has the neutral wallpaper or the multi wallpapers? they would be in the "CMPNENTS/STARTER/1386/STARTOC.CAB" or if someone already has the STARTOC.CAB from this maybe they could post it if it has the multi wallpapers.not meaning to request but mainly curious as most the es ones have the single neutral one.

another note: Back in 2008 KenOath posted screenshots of the "Windows XP Starter Edition Eng-India" on here and it showed 4 wallpapers in the Appearance screenshot here https://www.betaarchive.com/screenshots ... arance.JPG Just wandering if anyone still has this or the STARTOC.CAB from it?

This CD is in my home now. But, I got these files.
https://mega.nz/#!vwUkFKIA!Uq1Z4_M0NrwU ... bBVGwcv95A
This Windows XP Starter Edition (Turkish) Wallpapers

The legendary OS is Windows XP

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 am 
FTP Access

You can use software like nlite to integrate some updates, then it will think that this is Home Edition, so a Home key will work. Please dump the CD... Please!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:41 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
It doesn't matter if you have a key, since when you make a release you don't provide any key.

Read The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive, located in the Tutorials and Guides section, to know how to make a proper release

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows "Longhorn"
Magirus - Deutz wrote:

I used to save a KEY of XP Starter found on web before, if you want the key, I can PM you and you can try if it works. :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
@ Magirus - Deutz
This CD is in my home now. But, I got these files.
https://mega.nz/#!vwUkFKIA!Uq1Z4_M0NrwU ... bBVGwcv95A

do you have the 2 screensaver images for the turkish one?they would be flag/spiral png's i think in the STARTOC.CAB

all we need now is someone to find the Vietnamese & India wallpapers and screensaver images.
Image[/url]ImageImage

Last edited by alpha.burton on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:35 am 
FTP Access

There are much much more Starter Editions... We need the language selection CD.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows XP Starter Edition        Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:43 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP & Windows 7
ComputerHunter wrote:
There are much much more Starter Editions... We need the language selection CD.

yes we do :)
are there any on this ftp does anyone know?
Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia ,Brazil and others should be on the same south asia language selection cd and possibly others after reading around a bit :)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next