BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 4h, 48m | CPU: 28% | MEM: 2482MB of 4153MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 pm 
FTP Access

Hi,

According to article KB164951, lots of MS Visual C++ versions existed for non-x86 Windows.
Do anyone of you has them ?

Thanks in advance

Rififi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:06 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/mscpp.htm

I don't know if that will help...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
Ok, I'm sorry I know I'm way under the threshold etc etc...

Anyways I *DO* have Visual C++ 2.0 for the MIPS and I should have some random version of Visual C++ for the PowerPC.

I also do have Visual C++ 6.0 for the Dec Alpha, along with Visual Basic, Word 97 & Excel 97 (all for the alpha).

Again I'm sorry I know I am replying to an old thread, but I figure the old RISC stuff for MS is getting as rare as say.. Microsoft OS/2 stuff....

Also if anyone ever looks at the old SDK's for WindowsNT the command line compiler tools are all there... I have a few of them, and while they are tedious as heck to use, they do work... I'm pretty sure I have all 4 cpu types for those...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:17 pm 
FTP Access

Hello louisw3,

Even if this thread is now quite old, I'm still interested by all this RISC stuff. Is it possible to upload it to the FTP or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
rififi wrote:
Hello louisw3,

Even if this thread is now quite old, I'm still interested by all this RISC stuff. Is it possible to upload it to the FTP or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

It sure is... I'm over the 10 limit thing so I'll ask for permission.... I don't mind sharing this stuff as you need an actual Dec Alpha... The 'personal alpha' emulator doesn't do graphics, just serial console so you can't load it on there...

It's a shame none of the PowerPC/Alpha/Mips emulators can run Windows NT.... On a tangent is there an Itanium emulator that can run the Itanium 2000/2003 stuff?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:59 pm 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
Their exists an ia64 emulator that will let you test basic ASM code...

http://www.diotima.cz/ia64emu/

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:44 pm 
FTP Access

louisw3, can you please share this, as you said you don't mind?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 am 
Donator

For later versions of Visual Studio (6 on), support for other platforms came in what were called "Processor Packs". They were (and probably still are) free from microsoft. However, since MS has long stop supporting these platforms themselves (win2k alpha was the last that I know of), chances are, you'll need to call Microsoft Support and have them send it to you (likely free).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 am 
Donator

RentedMule wrote:
For later versions of Visual Studio (6 on), support for other platforms came in what were called "Processor Packs". They were (and probably still are) free from microsoft. However, since MS has long stop supporting these platforms themselves (win2k alpha was the last that I know of), chances are, you'll need to call Microsoft Support and have them send it to you (likely free).

Do you think Microsoft will send it (even with S&H fees)? Last time I emailed Microsoft about the PDC 2005 DVD downloads, they just don't want to reply me. And that's 2005 stuff, if it's 1998/1999 stuff? I don't know, probably they'll just move the email to the Junk folder...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Sorry I've been away for a bit.. Anyways I've upped VC++ 2.0 for the mips to uh "the site" as everyone can now actually run Windows NT 4.0 for the MIPS...

I'll have to check to see if the Alpha/PowerPC stuff made it....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
louisw3 wrote:
Sorry I've been away for a bit.. Anyways I've upped VC++ 2.0 for the mips to uh "the site" as everyone can now actually run Windows NT 4.0 for the MIPS...

Where can I find the VC++ 2.0 for MIPS you uploaded?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
GL1zdA wrote:
louisw3 wrote:

Where can I find the VC++ 2.0 for MIPS you uploaded?

I thought I had upped it to the server... perhaps it was too old, or got lost in the shuffle...? Anyways let me find the CD and I'll see what I can do.

Found it, here ya go....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4UIVM6LL

It runs fine in the emulator!.. The UI is far more responsive then 4.0 but it's lacking all those fancy "windows 95" ole controls and stuff...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98SE (Build 2222)
I know this thread is a little old, but I'd be interested in the PowerPC and Alpha stuff (and any other stuff you may have for MIPS) as I find the NT RISC stuff rather fascinating and I am planning to get some RISC hardware to run NT.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQ] Visual C++ RISC editions (Alpha/MIPS/PowerPC)        Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000
I'm pretty sure louisw3 posted it here, but the relevant topics are now unauthorized http://www.google.com/search?q=visual+c ... hive.co.uk

EDIT:
4.0 Covers: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5KV7YNSG
4.0 MIPS: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALUTTTBS
4.0 PowerPC: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GY2DXGCY

I don't have the link to the Alpha version

Top  Profile