BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 8h, 55m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 2401MB of 3957MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [req]Windows XP iso with SP2 and hotfixes streamed        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Hey all,

I want to re-install windows, and i need it to install windows xp for my friend too, we both have legit keys and only today i realized my C:\i386 folder is missing some files, because i installed the Vista Trans Pack (THAT PIECE OF [censored] [censored]!!!!) and it modified the i386 with wierd stuff, i remember posting about it before.

So, can someone up a WinXP SP2 iso with all the hotfixes (cause i dont want to wait for 3 hours in windows update), if possible to the BA server.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:44 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
I think this is warez.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:47 pm 
FTP Access

I don't know if it counts as warez if no product keys are included as that seems to be a bit of a grey area here, but either way you are probably better off waiting for SP3 as it will be here very soon and then you can just slipstream that (and IE7/WMP11 as they're not part of the SP) as opposed to trying to slipstream three years of hotfixes only to end up with an out-of-date ISO in a month's time anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
No, i mean i need like the install disk, no key because me and my friend have legit keys (COA's). I would make it but a few files are missing from my C:\i386 folder.

Oh, but if i get a install disk for SP3, will my and my friends SP2 keys work with it?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Dr Eggman wrote:
Oh, but if i get a install disk for SP3, will my and my friends SP2 keys work with it?

Provided Microsoft haven't blacklisted them, yes it would work.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:47 pm 
FTP Access

Note that you will need an OEM disk if your keys are to work - there are OEM, Retail, and VLK discs, and the keys for each will only work for the right one. The discs are identical apart from a few small files that determine which keys are accepted by them. You just need an OEM XP (Home or Pro as applicable) disc of any service pack level, and you can slipstream SP3 into that. The keys you have will also work on Gold and SP1 XP unless they are SP2c keys (MS released some new OEM discs last year that accept more keys than SP2 and previous, as they ran out, but that was only for Pro).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Ok, i guess i'll wait for SP3 to come out. The keys are retail from what i know.
But, my friend has a mac and wants to install WinXP in Parallels (the friend i talked about) so i needed an install disk, any suggestions? I mean, i can wait for SP3, but they need it ASAP.

edit: WOO! 200th post!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:55 pm 
FTP Access

Dr Eggman wrote:
But, my friend has a mac and wants to install WinXP in Parallels (the friend i talked about) so i needed an install disk

I think some of the servers here have it, or it's all over the internet, or use the XP Pro x64 trial (assuming Parallels will run x64) or Server 2003 trials that you can download from MS and remove the 180-day limit if necessary

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm 
Donator

I'm pretty sure nLite can do it but I'm not exactly sure. But I've used Windows CDs that people have hacked updates/patches/hotfixes into and I'm pretty sure nLite was what they used. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:08 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
I think some of the servers here have it, or it's all over the internet, or use the XP Pro x64 trial (assuming Parallels will run x64) or Server 2003 trials that you can download from MS and remove the 180-day limit if necessary

Parallels can't run x64 OSes as of yet, VMware Fusion can, however.

Dr Eggman wrote:
But, my friend has a mac and wants to install WinXP in Parallels (the friend i talked about) so i needed an install disk, any suggestions? I mean, i can wait for SP3, but they need it ASAP.

You can use any XP disc you come across. as Vista said above, some of the servers here have a copy IIRC. There's also a VLK copy with an SP3 beta slipstreamed if you want that, although I'd rather wait for SP3 to go RTM.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
empireum wrote:
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:

Parallels can't run x64 OSes as of yet, VMware Fusion can, however.

Dr Eggman wrote:

You can use any XP disc you come across. as Vista said above, some of the servers here have a copy IIRC. There's also a VLK copy with an SP3 beta slipstreamed if you want that, although I'd rather wait for SP3 to go RTM.

The VLK is on betaarchive and has NO key, uploaded by me.
But you have to have an VLK key, retail or oem doesnt work.
But what emperium said, wait until SP3 comes out, middle of march i have read somewhere or was that from vista sp1.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
If you have some where i can upload to and tell me if you need the home/pro or corporate edition ill be able to upload it for you.

Top  Profile  WWW