BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 21h, 57m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 2780MB of 4631MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 am 
Permanently Banned

Favourite OS
7601 SP1
Hey, can't you just get the branding out of the files using "expand C:\Users\owner\Windows Powered\I386\FILE.BI_ C:\Users\owner\Windows Powered\I386\FILE.BIN" (for a example) and take the branding out using Resource Hacker?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:37 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3 and Longhorn 4074
Damian9303 wrote:
Hey, can't you just get the branding out of the files using "expand C:\Users\owner\Windows Powered\I386\FILE.BI_ C:\Users\owner\Windows Powered\I386\FILE.BIN" (for a example) and take the branding out using Resource Hacker?

Coming right up!
haroldas.velioniskis wrote:

Niiiccceee. Could you upload this to Mega?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
Windows OS wrote:
Damian9303 wrote:

Coming right up!

Niiiccceee. Could you upload this to Mega?

http://files.downloadnow.com/s/software/10/73/22/64/sak201.exe?token=1456625490_4ba12c4a6632857a493a828da8163255&fileName=sak201.exe

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS

Thanks man. I'll install it onto my Windows 2000 PIII machine and I'll check it out.

Damian9303 wrote:

Here's the winlogon branding in two sizes:
ImageImage
UPDATE:I was checking out the SAK and I noticed a mention of a Windows Powered CD in the help files:
Please note the grouping with Windows 2000 Server and Advanced Server on that sentence, hinting at a full Windows Powered CD (or at least an embedded kit) being once available. I'll keep checking it out.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
I think I had this a couple of years ago. But anyway, thanks for sharing this file, it's hard to find.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
Windows OS wrote:

Thanks man. I'll install it onto my Windows 2000 PIII machine and I'll check it out.

Damian9303 wrote:

Here's the winlogon branding in two sizes:
ImageImage
UPDATE:I was checking out the SAK and I noticed a mention of a Windows Powered CD in the help files:
Please note the grouping with Windows 2000 Server and Advanced Server on that sentence, hinting at a full Windows Powered CD (or at least an embedded kit) being once available. I'll keep checking it out.

Windows Powered CD kit was a pack of CDs, given to OEMs. It includes 3 cds
1st. Windows 2000 Server with SP1
2nd. Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP2
3rd. MSAK 1.8 version

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 pm 
Donator

Windows OS wrote:
I wannit I wannit I wannit!!!1!!11!

So I slipped up. Sorry! :$ Don't have to call me illogical about it...

Such childishness.

Windows OS wrote:

Windows OS wrote:

I really don't think so... I'm pretty sure the SAK itself was distributed on CD, without the full copy of Windows...

edit: in fact... viewtopic.php?p=323382#p323382
edit 2: haroldas.velioniskis seems to know more on this topic...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:17 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
Well yes, SAK was distributed on CD, thats why it have autorun files. In late 2000s microsoft made sak freely downloadable from their site as self-zip file.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
user99672 wrote:
Windows OS wrote:
I wannit I wannit I wannit!!!1!!11!

So I slipped up. Sorry! :$ Don't have to call me illogical about it...

Such childishness.

:| That was a joke for the first one. Sorry that I'm not meeting your standards.
user99672 wrote:
Windows OS wrote:

Windows OS wrote:

I really don't think so... I'm pretty sure the SAK itself was distributed on CD, without the full copy of Windows...

edit: in fact... viewtopic.php?p=323382#p323382
edit 2: haroldas.velioniskis seems to know more on this topic...

Obviously. I am just someone looking for more information about this... At least we have someone like haroldas.velioniskis who knows some info about this, who can help us solve this mystery.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:32 pm 
Donator

Alright there Scooby, not like I'm a mind reader and know his background.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
"Windows Powered" was their NAS solution. Dell resold it, and that is the only place I've seen it. It was some crap 1u box with 4x250 gig IDE disks. It was *NOT* a great solution the disks were not even in raid. And they were consumer grade IDE.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
Not only dell. It was designed to be headless nas or IIS 5 box

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
By the looks of the SAK and some research, it appears that Windows Powered is just Windows 2000 Advanced Server with the SAK applied. I'm guessing that the "Windows Powered" branding was some custom branding that Microsoft provided to OEMs.
Please note that the above more or less is only a educated guess. I could be completely wrong about this.
What I am sure of is the fact that the only way to get some form of "official" Windows Powered installation media is through OEM restore media included with a NAS back in the day. I wonder if louisw3 still has his OS restore media?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98
The original ISO have a label YRMWFPP_EN.

1. Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 SP4 (aka SP1a)
2. Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0 (not SBS, ISO set on FTP have corrupted header)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:29 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Nashville wrote:
The original ISO have a label YRMWFPP_EN.

Well, if you google that you get pastebin file lists, where the file refers to Windows 2000 Network Attached Storage, with the checksum ce2eeb0b7481728a4d576b177b307fdadb61c5da and path *.\Windows NT 5.0\Windows 2000 with SP3 (5.00.2195.5438.sp3)\Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Attached Storage Server (English)\YRMWFPP_EN.iso

Hopefully we can find this somewhere - this is Windows 2000 Powered right?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98
I think it's the correct one, I found one dead torrent which have this file, so I cannot DL it.

2. Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0 (not SBS, ISO set on FTP have corrupted header)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Yup, I see the torrent too. 1.3TB worth. No seeds :-(
I can't find anything else on all the usual public trackers, the torrent looks to be included in "Microsoft Windows Collection" which is where the file lists that are floating around pastebin are from.

The file also looks to have been on MSDN in the past.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
meagain wrote:
Yup, I see the torrent too. 1.3TB worth. No seeds :-(
I can't find anything else on all the usual public trackers, the torrent looks to be included in "Microsoft Windows Collection" which is where the file lists that are floating around pastebin are from.

The file also looks to have been on MSDN in the past.

Damn all those dead torrents/MSDN downloads... Maybe an old MSDN subscriber might have a copy of it somewhere on a CD...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98
I tried to get a file to check, but without success, DL always stucks.

On-topic: ISO which I mentioned seems legit, because it have a proper label: YRMWFPP_EN.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:35 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Code:
Windows_2000_Powered.iso
MD5: dc9fb849907433cc037fe60cabdbc01b

It seams is real because VirusTotal for msgina.dll reports:

Quote:
Products Windows 2000 - Dell Reinstallation CD (Microsoft)
Reinstallation CD W2K+SP3 (Dell)
Dell Reinstallation CD W2K and SP3 (Microsoft)
Operating System Reinstallation CD W2K + SP3 (Microsoft)

...or at least msgina.dll is not altered.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:21 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
It might still be the XISO fake. From what I remember, they didn't alter msgina.dll because they didn't need to - the Powered logo is already there out of the box. I think they just altered wherever it is that the edition is set.

Edit: It's not the XISO fake. It also shows no evidence of tampering. However, its label is W2KPOW_EN.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:17 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Battler wrote:
It might still be the XISO fake. From what I remember, they didn't alter msgina.dll because they didn't need to - the Powered logo is already there out of the box. I think they just altered wherever it is that the edition is set.

Edit: It's not the XISO fake. It also shows no evidence of tampering. However, its label is W2KPOW_EN.

The right label is: "YRMWFPP_EN.iso" mentioned here and here?

There is a torrent file for MS Collections but as 3.87 mb utorrent doesn't open it, and as a magnet file not run because low free space - for full torrent is needed 1.3 TB (terabytes)...
So will be very nice if you someone can download just Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Attached Storage Server (English)/YRMWFPP_EN.iso -that particular iso.

Can you or someone from administrators to activate the magnet link (PM me for it) and download that particular file?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
- maxtorix: It just started downloading for me, though I don't see a list of files or the torrent's title.

Edit: And now it stopped downloading.

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Windows 2000 Powered        Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:27 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
It was real, I had one, it was just windows 2000 server. It was an or thing and mine was dell. It was just some chappy low end server with crap consumer disks.

I never thought anything of it, or I'd have taken the service techs recovery cd, but yeah it was just 2000.

I think it couldn't be dcpromo 'd.

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next