BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 4h, 26m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 6075MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [TOOL] GusTools - RenameISOs - ESDDecrypter        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:56 pm 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS

Well it was time for a merge, and to introduce my primary and first tool, ESDDecrypter/Toolkit.
ESDDecrypter allows you to convert a standard ESD file into an ISO file, the final iso file, has non messed up timestamps, and looks like an original. Extra features includes, an ESD merger, useful for creating AIO discs, and PRO-CORE isos and an ESD Download, provided thanks to the public MS-vNext download list, and MS own hosted xml files.

Note: currently ESDDecrypter/Toolkit, is not finalized and still buggy, especially for the ESD Downloader, use with caution. Also don't try to download the 10047 / 10061 esds from MS-vNext as they use a custom crypto key, which is not included here.

Beside this main tool, you will also find RenameISOs, which you can find a semi-full description below the download links.

Download: https://github.com/gus33000/ESD-Decrypt ... ses/latest

The RenameISOs tool allows you to do this:

Right now the tool is a little bit early (I started working on it on Wednesday, August 5 2015 ), meaning that it has the following limitations :

• Only works on build 8102 and higher (Except build 10074 which has a bug with mounting disk images)
  • Only fully works for ISOs containing build 1130 (NT) and higher

In case the tool can't identify the iso properly, it will be put in a directory called "unknown"
Everything is logged in a "log" folder, so if by chance an iso is not renamed properly, you can revert back
If a filename already exist, it will prompt you for a different filename. (don't put the same filename of course)

Here is a filename example produced by this tool :

Code:
6.0.5219.0.winmain_idx02.050830-2010_amd64fre_client-unstaged_en-us-LB2PXFRE_EN.iso
^ ^   ^  ^         ^         ^         ^   ^    ^       ^       ^          ^
1.2.  3. 4.        5.        6.        7.  8.   9.     10.     11.        12.

1. Major Version
2. Minor Version
3. Build Number
4. Delta
5. Build Branch
6. Compile Date (Year, Month, Day, Time (Military time (24 hours))
7. Processor Architecture
8. Build Type (fre = free, chk = checked)
9. Installation Type (Client / Server)
10. Sku (Edition) (Name of the sku by default / Unstaged / Staged (if no edition lock))
11. Locale code (Language-Region)
12. Volume Label

Note: I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong with this tool. Please be sure to make backups, or to test a few files before starting renaming all your isos.
Note 2: Each releases are tested with my ISOs for at least 2 different Windows Versions (Generally 2012 ISOs, Windows 7 ISOs, Vista ISOs, and some Windows 10 ISOs, that still doesn't mean I could have messed up something, as a lot of ISOs are different. No isos are deleted in this tool, only renames are done, so the risk is pretty much low, but you can't never be sure.

Last edited by gus33000 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am, edited 21 times in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Very helpful thank you!. I formatted my harddrive, forgetting about some iso files. So when I restored them they had file names like Found_244740104_886736896.iso

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP3
Not a bad idea. How about making the same program, but for virtual machines?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 pm 
Administrator

Did you update your tool to properly identify and tag Server SKUs?

Windows OS wrote:
Not a bad idea. How about making the same program, but for virtual machines?

What do you mean? Why would you need a tool to "rename" a VM?

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
Did you update your tool to properly identify and tag Server SKUs?

I thought I fixed that, but it looked like I forgot something. I just updated the tool to properly identify them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:20 pm 
Administrator

Excellent. I hope you didn't deviate too far from the "standard" you and I went through when I tried your tool. Otherwise I will have to rerun it on my ISOs and repack it all again... :).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
Excellent. I hope you didn't deviate too far from the "standard" you and I went through when I tried your tool. Otherwise I will have to rerun it on my ISOs and repack it all again... :).

No :) I just added the label at the end for alt isos, like Demo discs.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
One small question (sorry if the answer is very obvious); but how does it exactly detect the build version and why dosen't it work with the pre-5219 .WIM builds?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:10 pm 
Administrator

Without answering Courage's question (gus33000 has to answer that himself :) ), I hope the tool will in the future develop to properly detect pre-5219 builds as well as older stuff such as generic Win9x/WinNT builds and earlier.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:05 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Courage wrote:
One small question (sorry if the answer is very obvious); but how does it exactly detect the build version and why dosen't it work with the pre-5219 .WIM builds?

Well to detect the windows version, I'm grabbing it from the install.wim xml file, and the setup.exe file. I have plans to change it to grab the version number from the build registry, by extracting the software hive from the wim and mounting it, which should be more accurate if somehow MS slipstreamed a KB update. Thankfully pretty much all betas do not have any KB updates slipstreamed so that's not a big problem at the moment.

Also it doesn't work in 5219 builds, as I have no way to tell the sku. For later builds, it's embedded in the wim xml file, and to read it, I need a compatible ximage version. I have plans to integrate all ximage versions to be able to detect those things.

mrpijey wrote:
Without answering Courage's question (gus33000 has to answer that himself :) ), I hope the tool will in the future develop to properly detect pre-5219 builds as well as older stuff such as generic Win9x/WinNT builds and earlier.

I also have plans to do that. Should be quite easy to do (for WinNT at least), for 9x builds, I need to look into it further.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
What do you mean? Why would you need a tool to "rename" a VM?

By that, I mean a tool that will do the same thing as this tool, but for virtual machines. Just sayin'.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:31 am 
Administrator

But why would you need a tool to rename VMs? You set the VM name yourself when you create it... A VM is just a virtual harddrive with a settings file, and that virtual harddrive can basically hold anything...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Updated the tool to version 0.2

Now it should handle "custom" ISOs (for example, 10014) as it's grabbing every build information from the wim content. This also means that's it's a little bit slower, but as a result, more accurate. I'm also partially handling KB updates, but only for the compile date and the build branch at the moment.

Note: if you have a config folder in the same directory as RenameISOs before running the tool, I advise you to move it, as the tool will extract the build registry hives to that folder, and then remove the entire folder.

Windows OS wrote:
By that, I mean a tool that will do the same thing as this tool, but for virtual machines. Just sayin'.

That will be hard to do, considering I would need to extract files from the virtual hard-disk, and as it exists over 5 different types of format for these, and some of them can't even be opened. Also, why not naming correctly your VMs as mrpijey said ? This saves a lot of time.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:35 pm 
Administrator

And what happens if you got multiple OSes installed in a VM? Since it's essentially a virtual harddrive meant for a virtualized machine then nothing stops you from installing multiple systems onto it either. It's just too many issues with making a tool extremely few would ever use.

Great job gus33000 on your tool. To prevent your "config folder" issue why not have the tool delete any config folders when it starts? I.e a pre-op cleanup?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:47 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
And what happens if you got multiple OSes installed in a VM? Since it's essentially a virtual harddrive meant for a virtualized machine then nothing stops you from installing multiple systems onto it either. It's just too many issues with making a tool extremely few would ever use.

Great job gus33000 on your tool. To prevent your "config folder" issue why not have the tool delete any config folders when it starts? I.e a pre-op cleanup?

Thanks. Well the config folder is not really an issue, it's more like if a user already had a config folder at root, with some stuff in it, it's deleted. I think I will create a random folder name for the hives, and maybe put it in temp, so the chance of deleting stuff would be low.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Released version 0.2.1

• Added Log file. (RenameISOs.log)
  • Fixed a null exception while processing builds without the buildlab registry key.
  • Changed the way the tool add the label, now by default it won't do it, if you want it, you will need to start the tool with :
    Code:
    run -addLabel

Download at: https://mega.nz/#!qFNDgC6J!3dQPy04fWGt7 ... USjrOwZC4I

There is more to come, like different type of filenames, a better way to handle corrupt ISOs, and support for older ISOs as well.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
But why would you need a tool to rename VMs? You set the VM name yourself when you create it... A VM is just a virtual harddrive with a settings file, and that virtual harddrive can basically hold anything...

I was just thinking that a tool like that could be useful... :$

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:14 pm 
FTP Access

Windows OS wrote:
mrpijey wrote:

I was just thinking that a tool like that could be useful... :$

Do you mean a tool to change a virtual machine's name to a beta's full build tag or something...?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:53 pm 
Donator

I think that is what he meant.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:19 pm 
FTP Access

Wheatley wrote:

Sorry Windows OS, but the idea of creating another tool for this is pointless. If you have the ISO of the said beta that has been renamed by gus33000's tool, why not simply copy the entire build tag of the beta and manually rename the virtual machine with it? That's just lazy...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
DJ Deedahx wrote:
Wheatley wrote:

Sorry Windows OS, but the idea of creating another tool for this is pointless. If you have the ISO of the said beta that has been renamed by gus33000's tool, why not simply copy the entire build tag of the beta and manually rename the virtual machine with it? That's just lazy...

And my idea was just a suggestion. Sorry for any confusion.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Soon ™

Still WIP, but I'm making good progress.

Note: the sku and client part, are not hardcoded

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
This topic needs to be stickied, thanks for this tool. :D

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
[New!] Released 0.2.2 Beta 1
Tested with build 4.0.1166.1 and higher. Should work with every build higher than 1166. (NT of course)
Download here: http://gus33000.cf/RenameISOs/experimen ... -beta1.rar

Released Experimental 0.2.2-exp version.
- Added partial i386 support (test with XP post beta 2 (build 2474)), locale is hardcoded in this version.
Download here: http://gus33000.cf/RenameISOs/experimen ... mental.rar

Released Experimental 0.2.2-exp beta 2 version.
- Added support for build higher or equal to 5.00.2211.1
Download here: http://gus33000.cf/RenameISOs/experimen ... -beta2.rar

Update:
Soon ™

Update 2:
The new beta will come with a few enhancements, for the language code part, mainly, no more if localeid then localecode thing, everything will be converted without any if statement. Also, I tested it on all 2k isos, everything works. I'm currently downloading some NT 4 builds to test it with NT 4.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [TOOL] RenameISOs - Rename Beta ISOs with ease!        Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
Thanks for putting the time into making this tool, I'm sure most everyone around here will find this useful!

Top  Profile