BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 4h, 17m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 5768MB of 11991MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:25 am 
FTP Access

i think i already tried that and since im running mac this gets harder I cant stand command line its to confusing but on the other hand ive found some interesting things out about them atleast DP2,3,4
they all strive to be your main os and to that point they are somewhat aggressive you cant change the startup disk inside the system you have to boot from the disc and change it in 9(they start like live cds not like osx today)
as far as 3 goes it is very hard to put things in the dock and hard to know when a program is running
there is no force quit
DP1 will only run on a g3 not a g4 the disc wont even boot
they come with some interesting programs ( games not included in retail, sketch and more) it also has a beta version of ie for osx
they do not accommodate usb hubs or many usb devices
for some reason and this is baffling as ive only encounterred it here the hdd does show up on the desktop? go figure
they also have some NeXT/openstep apps and I believe in DP1 classic is called bluebox
the start up screen says 9
Dp1 aand 2 show rhapsody login screens with slight mods
hopefully ill upload 1 and 3 tommorrow and the rest in the days following

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am 
Donator

If you can't do RAR then I'm sure ZIP will be sufficient.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:35 am 
Donator

I'm sure any compression would be better than nothing. Anyone remember uharc? If we used than, then the builds would take way less space.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:45 pm 
FTP Access

ive uploaded all of the and i zipped them
DP4 and the public beta are really similar except dp4 includes the dev tools and the beta doesnt have fun

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:50 pm 
Donator

do you have any panther betas?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:21 pm 
FTP Access

no i wish i had some nearly at one point i had a ton of beta mac stuff some was even confidential but i lost the auction. What I have ive either tracked down or own. I have a copy of yellow box on my hdd and somewhere a copy of a beta build of tiger which i will eventually find. I really would love a beta of 8 that had themes or Apples theme machine which was canceled during its beta stages.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:35 pm 
FTP Access

The "Gizmo" and "HiTech" themes that were in those betas (if you're referring to the same as what I'm thinking of) can be used on the retail versions of Mac OS (I think they had to be patched but someone has done that, I have copies of those themes that work on Mac OS 9.2.2), they just work with the built-in Appearance Manager (for some reason Apple decided that they would only include the Platinum theme, so that was the only one available in the final builds even though Appearance Manager can handle other themes too).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:18 pm 
Donator

Rixel wrote:
ive uploaded all of the and i zipped them
DP4 and the public beta are really similar except dp4 includes the dev tools and the beta doesnt have fun

Thanks. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one.

Just waiting for them to be moved...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:27 pm 
FTP Access

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
The "Gizmo" and "HiTech" themes that were in those betas (if you're referring to the same as what I'm thinking of) can be used on the retail versions of Mac OS (I think they had to be patched but someone has done that, I have copies of those themes that work on Mac OS 9.2.2), they just work with the built-in Appearance Manager (for some reason Apple decided that they would only include the Platinum theme, so that was the only one available in the final builds even though Appearance Manager can handle other themes too).

I know that theyll work but ive never found the files and the one i want most is the drawing board theme he only file like that ive ever found was corrupt

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: ..        Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:49 am 
FTP Access

I haven't used Mac before,is it very good?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:32 am 
Donator

It depends on what you're used to and what you need your computer to do.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:04 am 
FTP Access

Rixel wrote:
I know that theyll work but ive never found the files and the one i want most is the drawing board theme he only file like that ive ever found was corrupt

Maybe they're something different to what I was thinking of then, I was thinking of these -

("Hi-Tech")

("Gizmo")

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 pm 
FTP Access

Yes thats right but they made a third theme called drawing board which looks like this (sorry for the link the image uploader wasnt working) http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p136 ... _board.jpg
Ive never found it or the other two mentioned previously. Then apple also created a program so that the files could be made easier and it was called theme machine it never got out of beta and i dont know why but it was supposed to work really well

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:19 pm 
FTP Access

Cool, I've never seen that one before. You can have the two I made screenshots of if you want them, you just put them in the Appearance folder in your OS9 System Folder and they are available from the Appearance control panel, but I've never seen the third one, sorry.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 pm 
FTP Access

They are finally online on the BA server. I hope they work well for everyone as of yet I havent had any problems. I have though found a way to bypass install problems by Starting the install when it says cannot be installed go to special configurations and click allow install on unsupported computers

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:04 pm 
FTP Access

I don't mean to bring up old topics but this is fairly relevant.
Earlier today I found my other Tiger beta. Build 8A323. IIRC the finder in this build is interesting its like the scroll bars in that when its clicked it turns aqua the quicktime on it is I think beta and already expired but you can remove the time bomb comes with dev tools a
Will upload soon

Top  Profile