BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 13h, 18m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5763MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4093
Current Links
6.2.9781.0(xb_rel_flash1307.130829-1800) OSUDT1
6.2.10210.0(xb_rel_launch 131118-1159) OSUDT2

Current page.

Original (Mirrors)
6.2.9781.0(xb_rel_flash1307.130829-1800)
6.2.10210.0(xb_rel_launch 131118-1159)

Original page.

MS took down their links, found these searching *hehe*

Last edited by q3hardcore on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
why is it 1.2 gig? is it a update or back up of a standard harddrive? thanks anyways, might be interesting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win10/Debian Linux
Interesting to see that the new xbox os is windows 8.1 based - at least they decided to drop the previous hackjob that was xbox os. I'm betting that it's 8.1 embedded, heavily modified with special DRM bits. Wonder if these updates are readable on the PC or not... and if so, perhaps we'll see an xbox one emulator sooner rather than later :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
so how do you open a.xvd file? which i assume stands for Xbox Virtual Disk? i would say now that this is in the wild a emu is only a matter of time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
betaluva wrote:
so how do you open a.xvd file? which i assume stands for Xbox Virtual Disk? i would say now that this is in the wild a emu is only a matter of time.

Wouldn't it be more likely just a patch? Not the entire OS or anything. If by the wild emu you mean an emulator... *hehe*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:33 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
I've had a crack at opening them, but no luck as of yet... Tried mounting them the same way I would with a VHD, but that didn't work... Opening them in WinRAR doesn't work, and I don't even know where to start looking if I open it in a HEX editor.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
That args.txt is interesting..

Code:
Files to Copy from:       = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159
UPDATERFILENAME           = F:\Public\D\SU\EOU\xb_rel_flash1307\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\ExtUpdater-offline.green.UnsignedUpdater.xvd
HOSTFILENAME              = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\neutral\ExtHost.green.xvd
SYSTEMFILENAME            = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\wave1langs\SystemExt.green.xvd
SYSTEMAUXFILENAME         = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\neutral\SystemAux.green.xvd
SOSTMPLFILENAME           = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\wave1langs\Template.green.xvd
SETTINGSFILENAME          = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\wave1langs\Template2.green.xvd
SOSINITFILENAME           = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\wave1langs\XosInitExt.green.xvd
ERAFILENAME               = \\winbuilds\release\xb\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\amd64fre\xbgreen\current\neutral\EraExt.green.xvd

Files to Copy to:         = F:\Public\D\SU\EOU\xb_rel_flash1307\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\$SystemUpdate
USBDRIVE                  = F:\Public\D\SU\EOU\xb_rel_flash1307\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159
USBPATH                   = $SystemUpdate
UPDATERXVD                = updater.xvd
HOSTXVD                   = host.xvd
SYSTEMXVD                 = system.xvd
SYSTEMAUXXVD              = systemaux.xvd
SOSTMPLXVD                = sostmpl.xvd
SETTINGSXVD               = SettingsTemplate.xvd
SOSINITXVD                = sosinit.xvd
ERAXVD                    = era.xvd

Command Line Parameters:
BUILDSHARE                = \\winbuilds\release\xb
BRANCH                    = xb_rel_launch
BUILDNUM                  = 10210.0.131118-1159
USBTYPE                   = extgreen
USBDRIVE                  = F:\Public\D\SU\EOU\xb_rel_flash1307\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159
LOCALE                    = wave1langs
TARGET                    = current
FLAVOR                    = amd64fre
GREEN2RED                 = 0
RED2GREEN                 = 0
PASSIVE                   = 0
PRIVATE                   = 0
CUSTOMUPDATER             = F:\Public\D\SU\EOU\xb_rel_flash1307\xb_rel_launch\10210.0.131118-1159\ExtUpdater-offline.green.UnsignedUpdater.xvd

In the xvds I see the string "msft-xvd"...

xvd COULD be the new xbe, but i'm not sure.. without a leaked xbone xdk it's hard to tell anything..

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Probably it could be a disk image...

By the way is this considered a leak?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:00 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
The Distractor wrote:

-snip-

xvd COULD be the new xbe, but i'm not sure.. without a leaked xbone xdk it's hard to tell anything..

Tried the simple thing of renaming the extension to xbe and trying to extract it with an XBE extractor, but it couldn't recognise the format.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
mattarnster wrote:
The Distractor wrote:

-snip-

Tried the simple thing of renaming the extension to xbe and trying to extract it with an XBE extractor, but it couldn't recognise the format.

Well obviously, if you actually look at the xvds in a hex editor they don't have an XBEH or whatever magic.

They could be crypted somehow.. hmm.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Terra854 wrote:
By the way is this considered a leak?

I guess so. MS pulled them from their servers, and some sources around quote MS support saying that they were pulled because they were "unfinished"; I assume this means beta.nope. Apparently it's a recovery file.

Quote:
"That file was never designed to replace the day one update," Microsoft exec Albert Penello explained via NeoGAF. "It's a recovery file in case something goes wrong. Instead of risking customers get themselves into a bad state by installing the file, we are going to troubleshoot on a case-by-case basis. It is not a replacement for the online update."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... e-internet

However, this same person says that the xbone basically shipped with a beta OS:
Quote:
The issue, Penello explained, is that the Xbox One is being shipped with an old and, from the sounds of it, incomplete version of the operating system. "A lot of the apps come with the day one update because they wouldn't have even been done," he said. "You're gonna need to take this update. It's not gonna be really an optional thing."

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/08/xbox ... e-details/

So if this is what the xbone came with, then it is essentially beta. If it isn't, then it's not.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Of those two zip files:

updater.xvd has major differences and args.txt has slight differences.

The rest of the xvd files are bytewise identical.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Moar!

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/ ... ing-system

List of xbone buildtags, anyone?

(obviously MS will probably update this when new updates come)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Might be a dumb question but how soon after 360 released did its dev kit leak?

EDIT: SDK, not Dev Kit.

Last edited by startmenuisgone on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
startmenuisgone wrote:
Might be a dumb question but how soon after 360 released did its dev kit leak?

Not sure.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
@Terra854,thanks for that, we would never have guessed 8-) ps... so the Xbox One os is 64bit?
Dumb question, which update goes with which Xbox?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4093
The Distractor wrote:
Moar!

Notice anything different?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:15 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
q3hardcore wrote:
The Distractor wrote:
Moar!

Notice anything different?

Yes, I do. Can't even find 10422's fulltag anywhere tho, let alone the xvds for it.

Maybe i could try asking MS support to give me the links to it...

EDIT: My current theory is that xvd is a modified wim or esd.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:15 pm 

Favourite OS
win 7
Hi guys the download link is now dead as to many people have accessed it! i'm trying to get mine up and running so if any one has a coy of it can you pm.

I'll be seriously grateful and so will my house of crying children!

Thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:02 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
is it true that you will be banned from Xbox Live if you use this update?

B.. you should only need to download the 6.2.10422,its the update

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
betaluva wrote:
is it true that you will be banned from Xbox Live if you use this update?

B.. you should only need to download the 6.2.10422,its the update

this isn't actually an update, it was pulled from MS servers because it's actually 6.2.10210.0 (xb_rel_launch.131118-1159), and yes, at least one person was told by MS support to do this "update", and it finished with his xbone getting b&.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
More knowledge:

remember that cod ghosts xbone iso?

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10981

seems the big package1.xvc IS an xvd too.

So, the xbone sdk will have information and probably tools aswell regarding the xvd format. (I still think it's just a modded wim/esd.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
why would they have different extensions? can someone whip up a app that opens xvd/xvc files? like,it will only take a few minutes. lol

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
We have no idea as of yet what the xvd file format is, and it's probably encrypted somehow.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Xbox One Emergency Offline Updates        Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Does anyone here have a Xbox One SDK?

Top  Profile