BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 8h, 52m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 2097MB of 3635MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [REQ] iMac G3 Discs        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:51 am 
Donator

I'm sure I can request non-beta abandonware, if I cant... then delete the thread.

Anyway, I have an iMac G3, and I'm getting another one. I would like to add the CD's that came with them to my collection.

I would like the CD's that came from these two iMac G3's:
iMac G3 Rev. C Tray Loader - 266Mhz and iMac G3 Slot Loader 350Mhz.

Obviously if the discs are the same on both models please tell me so :P

Also any chance whoever has them, can you put them somewhere where I wont have to download them all at once?

Thanks!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

I tink the discs are the same for both models as I have a set minus the apps disc which I accidently broke but it the list of discs that I can remeber that are the gray style apple ones were
Mac OSx 10.1
Mac OS 9
Applications and
3 software restore discs
There maybe a hardware diagnostic disc but I'm not sure. I probably can't upload them because they are system discs and aren't 10 years old. Apple also hasn't totally dropped support for either unless you go by leopard

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

There would have been many different revisions of the restore discs for these machines, as they always shipped the most recent revision of the Mac OS - the older iMac you mention would have come with OS 8.5.1 on the earlier ones and 8.6 later on, while the newer iMac came with 8.6 (so the two lots of 8.6 discs are probably the same, unless there are minor differences eg FireWire extensions installed on the slot-loader but not on the tray-loader), 9.0, 9.0.3 or 9.0.4, depending on when the machine was shipped from Apple (this information comes from the excellent MacTracker program). Neither machine would have come with any flavour of OS X originally, though they can both run Tiger if you want to do so.

By the way, Apple no longer offer any support in the way of updates or security patches for anything older than OS X 10.3 Panther - OS 9 hasn't been supported for years.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm 
Donator

Oh that reminds me... I forgot to post, I don't really need the OS discs but if you wanna include them, then go ahead :P

I was talking about the software discs that came with them

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 pm 
FTP Access

They are usually on the same disc, at least I have a set for an iBook G3 and one is "iBook Software Install" and has installers for Mac OS 9.0.4 and the bundled software like AppleWorks and the other is "iBook Software Restore", which contains an image of the hard drive with the OS and applications as it was when the machine was brand new. Are you looking for the apps themselves or an image of the disc - most of the stuff is around on the web if you just want the apps separately.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 pm 
Donator

Doesnt really matter...happy with CD images...BUT ...does anyone have a list of the software that came with the iMac if the apps are on the net?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:05 pm 
FTP Access

on the apps disc
Applework
earthlink
cro mag rally
bugdom
nanosuar
may be others but thats all im sure of
on the system disc the apps are
basic utils
sherlock
thats pretty much it correct me if im wrong

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:55 am 
Donator

Any specific versions?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:04 am 
FTP Access

Mine came with Appleworks 6 though I guess if you got them and the os was 8 there is a possiblity it came with 5 wich I have the disc for ying around somewhere. Sherlock 2 if it was mac os 9. Otherwise not really any thing specific. The only thing is that you won't be able to download nanosuar, cromag rall, or bugdom. They were shareware games made by pangea soft. Though there are updates to them if you check their site

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:44 pm 
FTP Access

Rixel wrote:
on the apps disc
Applework
earthlink
cro mag rally
bugdom
nanosuar
may be others but thats all im sure of
on the system disc the apps are
basic utils
sherlock
thats pretty much it correct me if im wrong

Plus all the freeware like Adobe Reader, IE, Outlook Express, StuffIt etc. I think abandonedabw.com have AppleWorks 6 if you want it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:41 am 
Donator

I know Abandoned have it cause I'm a member :P

Vista Ultimate R2: Could you ISO your CD's and upload them somewhere (I would setup an FTP on my PC but XP freezes with my wireless adaptor O.o)

You dont have to split the ISO into smaller pieces but its preferred.

Cheers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:23 pm 
FTP Access

Mine are for an iBook, not an iMac - the Install and Restore ones with OS 9.0.4 only work on an iBook (though you use Disk Copy to open the HD image on the Restore disc and just copy all the files out of it on to a non-iBook's hard drive and it will boot from that, as long as you remove the AirPort startup item on Macs that it's not compatible with), though strangely enough I have an Install disc with 9.1 that's for a newer iBook and I'm pretty sure that works on other Macs too.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:40 pm 
Donator

It doesnt matter, could you just upload the extra software one? (Not the Os) thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:53 pm 
FTP Access

As I said before, they both contain the OS, just one has install programs for the OS and apps and the other restores the Mac to factory state (again with OS and apps). If it's allowed on one of the servers here I'll consider putting it on if you really want it, I'll have to check how large the image would be. It is mainly freeware though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:53 pm 
Donator

OK then, thanks.

Top  Profile