Program like Nlite, but for Windows 9x and etc.

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
betamaster

Program like Nlite, but for Windows 9x and etc.

Post by betamaster »

I looking for program like Nlite but he must working for Windows 3.x/95/98/ME. Where i can download this program

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

There is 98lite, it is sort of like nLite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/98lite

http://www.litepc.com/
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

Ok, but i need not olny for 98 and for Millennium 95 and 3.x

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

There's no such program for Windows 3.x and 95, you'd need to make the modifications yourself. What would you want to strip out from 3.x and 95 anyway?

idontknow
FTP Access

Post by idontknow »

For stuff like 95 and 3.x, you can delete the files you don't want (Windows File Protection won't bug you, cause it doesn't exist ) and then probably put the files on another computer without too much problems.

For 98 and ME you would need to use 98lite, cause those are more complex than 95/3.x and I think 98lite lets you burn an install disk like nlite.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

idontknow wrote:For stuff like 95 and 3.x, you can delete the files you don't want (Windows File Protection won't bug you, cause it doesn't exist ) and then probably put the files on another computer without too much problems.

For 98 and ME you would need to use 98lite, cause those are more complex than 95/3.x and I think 98lite lets you burn an install disk like nlite.
You can delete unwanted files on 98/ME as well, it's not restricted to 3.x/95, but the integrated IE and stuff makes it harder indeed, for that kind of stuff, you need to use tools like 98lite. You can't burn an install disk from within 98lite, it modifies the setup files you can burn yourself afterwards if you wish.

blahsucks-two
FTP Access

Post by blahsucks-two »

Considering that the HD minimum requirement for WFW3.11 is 14MB AFAIK, it's likely unnecessary unless you're trying to run it on a 386 or something.
Windows Me - Where is Melite?
Windows ME support is already included in 98lite Professional. Full support for WindowsMe starts in 98lite IV -Millennium Edition-

Windows 95 - Where is 95lite?
You can use IEradicator to remove Internet Explorer and desktop integration from Windows 95! We do not have plans to develop a fully featured 95lite.
http://www.litepc.com/faq2.html

In other words, if you have a copy of 95 with IE bundled, you can use the ieradicator on that site to kill it off.[/quote]

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

Perhaps you're looking for something that sorta slipstreams updates for Windows? -- http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=7 ... opic=88008
- Unattended Boot CD for Windows 98/98SE 4.5

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

Very Thanks all for this help