[Offer] Chicago Build 456 (dial-up warning)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
srstakey

[Offer] Chicago Build 456 (dial-up warning)

Post by srstakey »

Any takers? I'd be happy to upload! It is the April Test Release from the Chicago beta. It requires a product to upgrade from and also I don't seem to have a valid key for it, even though it installed without one (the one in the last screenshot didn't work). I have an iso and a VPC 2007 HDD image available (HDD image was upgraded from Windows 3.1 for install). Lastly, if someone could instruct me on how to get rid of that pesky upgrade requirement, I would be happy to fix that.

Screenshots:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

...now if someone could explain to me how VPC got into Spanish...

EDIT: Fixed images.
Last edited by srstakey on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

You should check in VPC's preferences, there may be an option to change the language.

srstakey

Post by srstakey »

empireum wrote:You should check in VPC's preferences, there may be an option to change the language.
Thanks!

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Please upload it!

srstakey

Post by srstakey »

D.Konieczny wrote:Please upload it!
Check the SillyProject FTP Server soon

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

party line?

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

cool btw where did you get the cd? ebay or collect along time ago?
thx

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

___ wrote:party line?
Yeah, you can start up a partyline over a network and spread rumours!

Can't wait to play with this build
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

srstakey

Post by srstakey »

XDude wrote:cool btw where did you get the cd? ebay or collect along time ago?
thx
Yup...got it from eBay. Saw it and knew I had to snatch it. Honestly it brought back a lot of memories of my first computer and its simplicity. Days spent messing around with Windows 95, MS Works, Mindmaze on Encart '95, MS Explorapedia, and all of the Magic School Bus games, not to mention the Kids Only zone on AOL Ahh the days of AOL 2.5 and 3.0.

But yeah, the build looks feature complete, (in fact the CD has the MS product showcase and even the hover game that was included on the RTM CD) though I haven't tried installing any software besides the VPC Additions (2004 b/c they are supposed to work with 95) and that only returned an error.

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

srstakey wrote:
XDude wrote:cool btw where did you get the cd? ebay or collect along time ago?
thx
Yup...got it from eBay. Saw it and knew I had to snatch it. Honestly it brought back a lot of memories of my first computer and its simplicity. Days spent messing around with Windows 95, MS Works, Mindmaze on Encart '95, MS Explorapedia, and all of the Magic School Bus games, not to mention the Kids Only zone on AOL Ahh the days of AOL 2.5 and 3.0.

But yeah, the build looks feature complete, (in fact the CD has the MS product showcase and even the hover game that was included on the RTM CD) though I haven't tried installing any software besides the VPC Additions (2004 b/c they are supposed to work with 95) and that only returned an error.
It makes me wonder why are there windows 95 beta unleak, cause i never seem this build before.

RentedMule
Donator

Post by RentedMule »

AOL was a local service much like prodigy, before it became anything to do with the actual internet... like an interactive BBS. The chat was the big draw.

I still own 'Bud' on AOL, amazingly enough from way back then.

KenOath

Re: [Offer] Chicago Build 456 (dial-up warning)

Post by KenOath »

srstakey wrote:Any takers? I'd be happy to upload! It is the April Test Release from the Chicago beta. It requires a product to upgrade from and also I don't seem to have a valid key for it, even though it installed without one (the one in the last screenshot didn't work).

Screenshots:

EDIT: Fixed images.

Hey I've seen that CD somewhere before...
I've yet to install & up the screens of this one yet, looks like you'll
beat me to it...

clt_42
FTP Access

Post by clt_42 »

man i gotta get this one