BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 10h, 9m | CPU: 86% | MEM: 5166MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.

PostPost subject: [REQUEST] Dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
Torc Interactive and AMD have teamed up to offer gamers and enthusiasts a powerful demonstration of AMD64 64-bit gaming. Today and tomorrow's games such as Torc Interactive's Dreadnought demo increasingly depend on the processing power of the CPU to provide the performance for realistic world effects. AMD64 and The AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processor provide what gamers need to get realistic physics, artificial-intelligence (A.I.), character and world animations, and the advanced shadow and lighting determinations that take immersive gaming to the next level. It showcases the Instinct Engine but uses only mininal A.I. Of particular note are the: huge number of interactive objects, including destructible environments, incredible sharpness of the ultra hi-res textures, 'tentacle' gun as an alternative weapon and means of interacting with the game world, astounding numbers of particles affected by the world physics, and Sin City-style post-processing effects when using the adrenaline mode feature in 64-bit. There's 5 modes: 64-bit executables and high detail content, 64-bit executables and low detail content, 32-bit executables with low detail content, 32-bit executables that are Large Address Aware, and Paintball - uses the selected executable and associated content detail, but turns off in-game gore and replaces it with colourful paintball decals.

----------
I downloaded it back in 2005, but my pc couldnt handle it, and now it would be cool to check it, but don't have the file anymore. There is a video about this tech-demo:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ii40 ... videogames

Can anyone help? Al download links are broken :/ thanks :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS 3.30a & Windows/386!
http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/Dreadnought/

I think I actually found it... 1DreadnoughtInstall.exe

http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/Dr ... nstall.exe
http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/Dr ... ht/images/
http://firstpersonshooters.net/Games/Dr ... dia/video/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [request] dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7

edit: hm maybe this could go to the ftp as well :) if so, then i will upload it with the other stuff i planned as soon as i can get home, hopefully on the weekend -+2days :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Does anyone have a working download to this somewhere still? It just recently came to mind but I can't for the life of me find a working link anywhere.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:40 am 
FTP Access

I believe this should be what you are looking for! https://archive.org/details/dvdrom-game.exe-2005-11

File: Demos/Action/Dreadnought/DreadnoughtInstall.exe

The entire ISO is quite large (7.9GB) but you can use the navigator on archive.org to download just that file alone.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
I also have it, if you need I can upload to mega.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] Dreadnought tech-demo        Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
It's alright thanks, I got it from the link galaxyhaxz gave. I'll probably mirror it onto the talonbrave.info site later.

Top  Profile  WWW