BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 12h, 41m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 1749MB of 3077MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: Windows 95/98 Beta Bochs image        Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago build 34-had it :(
would anyone mind to upload a hard disk image of windows 95 beta or 98 beta? I really wanna un to run a nashville or memphis beta on a bochs program for ppc.

cheers, clt_42

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:51 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Use descriptive topic titles, and you've posted in the wrong section AGAIN.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
STOP yelling at me, jesus, im 13 yrs old, and im not used to posting a message in a forum. It's new to me, so cut ME SOME SLACK WILL YA, and you dont derserve to be a site moderator!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:48 pm 
FTP Access

No-one was yelling until you started just then - while posting in a forum might be new to you, you're surely used to being polite to other people? You don't decide who deserves to be a moderator, so no comments like that please - we don't accept rudeness here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:29 am 
Staff

Its been stated several times, surely you must realise by now.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:31 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
You've been warned. Next time it will be a temporary ban. I decide who are the moderators, not the members.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
clt_42 wrote:
STOP yelling at me, jesus, im 13 yrs old, and im not used to posting a message in a forum. It's new to me, so cut ME SOME SLACK WILL YA, and you dont derserve to be a site moderator!!

This is a message board. You must compose, and submit your responses, and possibly edit them. This is not AIM/MSN/IRC/MySpace. You've been warned by the staff before, and I suggest you listen to them.

~Fireware

Last edited by Bender on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:54 am 
Donator

We live me the admins rules, they don't live by our rules.
Just like we have to follow laws of our country. We don't want laws, but it's there for a reason.
It doesn't matter, clt_42, you must floow the rules.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: whoa man        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:34 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
ok andy, first i didn't order hime that, i had an opinion. 2. Fireware, Im sorry but im not dumb, I know it's not myspace irc or etc. and third of all
I may have been warned, but im not perfect, and sometimes i get rages with my tourette syndrome, you might wanna look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome

i know it's not an excuse, but it seems to me that YOU guys dont accept people for who they are.

I hope you'll understand

Cheers, Clt_42

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: whoa man        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:58 am 
FTP Access

clt_42 wrote:
it seems to me that YOU guys dont accept people for who they are

Not true - we just want to keep a friendly atmosphere here, as it's not nice for anyone if there's rudeness, insults etc - as long as you're polite to the other members and follow the rules (there's not that many of them; now's the time to give them a quick read if you haven't done so already) then you're welcome here :)

The other main issue seemed to be how you title any threads that you make - all that we ask is that you give a reasonably descriptive title (it's just helpful for people reading the lists of topics if the titles give an idea what the thread is about without having to look at the content of the thread itself).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
clt_42,

There are nothing wrong with your topics or posts except the titles you give them. They just need to be more descriptive. Do that and nobody will moan at you for it.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: uh thank you guys        Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:05 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
uh thanks andy, that made me feel better

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Anyways, lets get back on the topic shall we?        Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Lets forget about this , and focus which download i requested. I have bochs on my ppc, now i need a windows 95 hard disk image. Make sure it's in a .img file, and it small as it can.

Sorry Guys,

Cheers

Clt_42

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Please someone must have it if you do, post , it's not illegal because it's betas or abandonware.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:42 am 
FTP Access

I'd be surprised if anyone uses Bochs to run Windows 95 and so has the image file for it, as it's very slow compared to something like Virtual PC or VMware. Why don't you use one of those? I expect lots of us have hard disk images of Windows 95 for those programs. Alternatively, you could just download the Windows 95 CD and install it to a virtual machine yourself?

Edit: I now see you say you're doing it on a PPC machine. What sort though? If a Mac, you'd be much better off using MS Virtual PC for Mac. If something else, you could still install Windows 95 in Bochs yourself? (as it looks like no-one has an image file for it)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 am 
Donator

He said something about PowerPC IIRC, so that gives the answer. Just to add that Bochs tends to be really slow even on x86 hardware, and even slower on non-x86 hardware. I've run it on ARM and PowerPC systems, it was... well, let's not speak of that again :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:23 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
can someone compile a .img file with windows 95, thats all im asking, so lets talk about the image file, not powerpc

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Chicago (hometown pride)
I might have floppy images, but only ISOs as far as a CD-ROM goes. I have been having problems with Memphis lately, namly a laptop displaying an Red Screen of Death on first run and never booting again.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
ok but, if you have any hd disk images of windows 95 (non beta) or betas let me know because ive got everything on the psp, now to get the hd images and then i can run bochs and show you a video of it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:26 pm 
clt_42 wrote:

You're 13 and playing around with beta software?

Hmm.

PostPost subject: Re: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
.UU wrote:

Hmm.

So, I would consider that normal myself. I'm 15 and although I've only used beta OSes for about a year, ive been building and rebuilding computers since i was 12, and coding HTML before that.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:44 pm 
Donator

.UU wrote:
clt_42 wrote:

Hmm.

You'd be surprised, a large number of the beta enthusiasts that join up forums like this are 12 or 13. In some other forums I've seen guys as young as 9 and 10 playing with beta software. Probably a good 85% of the beta community are 18 or under.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:13 am 
Donator

Yep, and as long as they behave well and appropriately, there's nothing wrong with that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: ok you know what fireware.        Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Arch Linux
.UU wrote:
clt_42 wrote:

Hmm.

I was 13 last month, (just turned 14 :)) and I not only collect betas, but I hack Longhorn and other Windows versions, plus I made my own OS from scratch 2 years ago :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:47 am 
Donator

Back on topic please, guys. :wink:

Top  Profile