BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 17h, 39m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 6025MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:09 am 
Hi, I've been playing games in the Unreal series for a long time, and I've got a quite few questions about certain games/betas for the people that have them.

1. Does the Unreal 2 alpha use the Golem/GEM mesh format for its player/creature models?
2. Does it have any of the supposedly cut creatures or weapons?
3. Is there anything majorly different in the Unreal Tournament 2003 beta compared to the full release? I have the 927 beta but it won't run for me. :(
4. Were there any leaked betas of Unreal Tournament (99) for the PS2?
5. Was there a leaked Unreal Championship 2 beta?
6. Do the claims in the first post at http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=186659 seem real? They sound too good to be true (to me), but what do other people think?

Sorry for asking so much, I've just gotten back in to Unreal and would like to know a few things. :)

PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
4.Unreal Tournament for PS 2 was cancelled.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
T02my wrote:

I dont think it was somehow :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk//Unreal-Tournamen ... 11fed0b354

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
I bad remember, but Unreal or UT was cancelled on PS or PS 2.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
T02my wrote:

No man it was not cancelled. I actually have it, the port sucks but it was not cancelled.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Gmod1001 wrote:
T02my wrote:

No man it was not cancelled. I actually have it, the port sucks but it was not cancelled.

Indeed. I have the PS2 version too.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
T02my wrote:
UT for PS2 does exist, however Unreal for PS1 was in development, and later cancelled.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Quote:
Is there anything majorly different in the Unreal Tournament 2003 beta compared to the full release? I have the 927 beta but it won't run for me.

If you dig around in the maps and music and sounds, there are numerous things that would make their way in finished form into Unreal Championship.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 RTM
vbdasc wrote:
...Unreal for PS1 was in development, and later cancelled.

FOund this site with a few Videos and Screenshots of it: http://www.unseen64.net/2009/06/03/unre ... cancelled/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:01 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
98 xp
Interesting article (Russian)
http://crash-ut3.clan.su/publ/unreal_ap ... s/9-1-0-47

Maps from PSX version
http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Web ... SXMaps.htm

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
There was apparently some leaked alpha separated into six parts, found in geocities originally:
http://www.starbacks.ca/Area51/Capsule/5482/old.html
Hoever reocities or other sites archiving the stuff don't have that yet as you can see:

http://reocities.com/Area51/Capsule/5482/

The content might be on the geocities torrent, but damn that is so large.

As for Unreal PSX, I've got some in developement versions from the developers (not all of the levels sadly, lots was lost and of course not the hardware PSX version) and I am working on a remake of that, but I would also need Unreal Alpha versions for the remake, to get a normal res version of crypt2 textures (not the UT one, UT crypt2 is basically the crypt from beta version of Unreal).

The links PikeIT posted links to some remade levels from Matthew Kagle, these were his personal reworked versions and the first stuff that was salvaged, also uploaded is a new remake by me for E3L6D level.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Questions about Unreal series betas        Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
XP SP2
IIRC the UT2k3 beta has a neat part that describes all of the worlds the maps take place on that was removed from the final version. I think something similar to it appears in UC, but not 2K3.

Top  Profile