BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 17h, 14m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5776MB of 10539MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm 
Donator

"THE BEST PC GAME EVER - NOW ON DREAMCAST *dreamcastlogo*
Available Autumn 2000

Originally created for the PC by Valve, Half-Life hsa on won more than 50 Game of the Year Awards and has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. Developed by Captivation Digital Laboratories in conjunction with Gearboix Software and Valve , Half-Life: Dreamcast promises to deliver even more than the original PC version. The Dreamcast version of this award winning title features many optimisations including higher polygon player characters, dramatic lighting and special effects. Half-Life: Dreamcast also features an all-new single player mission that surrounds the security guard character, Barney. This special mission is beeing custom created for the Dreamcast by Gearbox Softwarem the development team, that created Half-Life(R): Opposing Force(TM), the official PC expansion for Half-Life.

[*]Entirely new mussion surrounding the Black Mesa Security Guard, created especially for the Dreamcast by Gearbox Software.
[*] Advanced AI creates monsters remarkably - even terrifyingly - intelligent. Valve's proprietary AI has them running in packs, assesssing threads and making quick decisions to counter act your every move. You'd better think as fast as they do.
[*]The skeletal animation system creates players with incredible realism and fluid movement
[*]Sensational FX. The poer of th eDreamcast will be fully exploited in this edition of Half-Life with high-polygon characters, dramatic lighting, and superior effects.
[*]Complete arsenal of real world experimental and alien weaponry
[*]Hazard Course traning area allows players to practice movements, special maneuvers and weapons use before launching into action

OR VISIT http://WWW.SIERRA-ONLINE.CO.UK"

I just found this when I was digging in my shelf with old PC stuff.. does anyone know what happened to it? I googled a bit for it and i found some sites that said it is finnished but not released, others say its in beta and canceled

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:59 pm 
Administrator

Half-Life for the Dreamcast was never released. I think it was finished but never released to any stores. It has however leaked to the net, so it's around (got it myself).

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:12 pm 
FTP Access

Could we have it? Please :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:20 pm 
Administrator

Perhaps :). I'll have to check the dates of the game first, i.e when it was set to launch etc. But I don't see any problems at the moment to release it. I'll dig it out from the archives.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 pm 
FTP Access

Ok, i'm gonna apply for advanced later so could you upload it to rapidshare till i can access the ftp.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
Half Life for the Dreamcast would be the ultimate game of the centuary (since I actually own a DC) Does anyone else own one?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:44 pm 
Administrator

Digit@lyS@ne wrote:
Ok, i'm gonna apply for advanced later so could you upload it to rapidshare till i can access the ftp.

I am sorry but I don't upload anything to Rapidshare. My work ends at managing the FTP and the forum, everything beyond that is up to the members. But first I'll get it to the FTP.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 am 
Donator

My brother used to have it but I haven't even seen the Dreamcast in years so... I'll ask. Couldn't you play as the lightning-bolt shooting aliens too? There was an official package that you could install to up the poly-count, texture resolution, etc. for everything in the original Half-Life game. I can't remember what it was called but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as the updated versions for the Dreamcast.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 am 
Administrator

OK, found my copies. Suprisingly I got two games from the Half-life universe for the Dreamcast, one disc with the Half-Life + Blue Shift expansion. This is the game that was never released. Second disc is actually the Opposing Force expansion, I am not sure if this one ever got released or not.

Since the Half-Life game (with it's Blue Shift addon) was cancelled I'll release it under the "unreleased" tag. As for the Opposing Force game I think it's a hacked copy (where someone replaced the HL maps with the OF maps), so I will not release this one. No sources on the net specify that Opposing Force DC was a legit product.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
mattarnster wrote:
Half Life for the Dreamcast would be the ultimate game of the centuary (since I actually own a DC) Does anyone else own one?

Here's one! i'm from the beginning an loyal fan of the dreamcast. I also got that leaked half-life release, it works very well but sometimes it has some framedrops. Did you know that counterstirke is available for the dreamcast (well it cant go online, but hey that fact its possible) And i got FINALY! my dreamcast online with an PC to DC server (setup your pc as an dailup server and let the dreamcast connect to it)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:51 pm 
Donator

Couldn't you buy an Ethernet adapter for Dreamcast or was that exclusive to the PS2?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Couldn't you buy an Ethernet adapter for Dreamcast or was that exclusive to the PS2?

Yeah the ethernet adapter exists for the dreamcast but thay are vary rare and quite expensive (100-200 dollars) and not all games support it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 pm 
Administrator

Whistler_fan wrote:
Did you know that counterstirke is available for the dreamcast (well it cant go online, but hey that fact its possible)

Yes, it's also a custom mod, therefore not posted on BA.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
HL for the dreamcast is fully compatible with PC data, put in maps and models into the WADs on the disc and reburn it, try it sometime.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 pm 
FTP Access

I have it. It is a bit buggy and is prone to freezing from time to time. Still its a pretty fun game.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
BTW, the Single Player opposing force disc, along with the cs ones are fanmade. Open up some of the files on the root of the discs, you can add in your own PC half life data and reburn and it'll work.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Does this work with any of the Dreamcast emulators?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:35 am 

Favourite OS
I have this and played it pretty recently. Decent for a console DC game, but the controls are terrible.

If I recall correctly the title screens names it as 'half life gold'
it has a DC exclusive splitscreen co-op campaign called half life decay. You play as these 2 chicks as they play in parallel to Gordon Freeman's story.
Also, interesting to note. The save file for this game increases in size each time you save so theoretically if you save to often, this can take up a whole VMU.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Yeah I had that same problem :? I guess they didn't finish the save feature.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Cerulean Blue wrote:
I have this and played it pretty recently. Decent for a console DC game, but the controls are terrible.

it has a DC exclusive splitscreen co-op campaign called half life decay. You play as these 2 chicks as they play in parallel to Gordon Freeman's story.
Also, interesting to note. The save file for this game increases in size each time you save so theoretically if you save to often, this can take up a whole VMU.

Actually, Half-Life Decay was also available in the PS2 version, I'm sure I can remember it from there anyway.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Decay

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
win ex sp3
ugh blue shift was really dissapointing , hope half life for the dreamcast is better

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:27 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Leon wrote:
Cerulean Blue wrote:

Actually, Half-Life Decay was also available in the PS2 version, I'm sure I can remember it from there anyway.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Decay

PS2 got Decay
Dreamcast got Blue Shift

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
The controls make it unplayable for me. UT for dreamcast is notably better and features a well done auto-aimer.

I wonder if anybody has Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for Dreamcast

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life(R): Dreamcast        Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
tried it once, seemed to work prefectly, no crashes.

Top  Profile