BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 10d, 12h, 42m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 6831MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:25 pm 
FTP Access

Just recently Opposing Force 2 (http://www.moddb.com/mods/opposing-force-2) was leaked by one of the Dev's named FeareD but it is a very old build so development will not cease, proof and information is in this post by MenteR an OF2 Dev.

Quote:
Dear community,

As many of you have noticed, FeareD has leaked most of our outdates subversion files, resulting in something really, lol, unpleasant for all of us.

Keep in mind that only because you know the storyline, or only because you've played through a few maps, we WILL NOT cease the development and will keep on. A mindlessy teenager like FeareD won't simply block our development progress, FeareD is most likely to get his ModDB accounts banned. (which has been http://www.moddb.com/members/feared)

If you want to play it, we don't care, so go ahead and do it; you'll miss the updated client, meaning that most of our stuff will be completely outdated in your version of the leak. All we wanted to tell you guys is that we are not going to stop the development because of FeareD.

Answering a few posts, now, since you guys know a lot about the mod.

1. The Titanspleen has been cut from the mod because of its complexity and the fact that it would need to many scripted animations.

2. The Storyline has been changed drastically since last year, resulting in a new ending, a new starting scene and so on.

That's all we want to share with you guys, blame or thank FeareD for the leak, but keep in mind that he won't simply leak us and think he's done with it.

So with out further a due I give you the leak

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/232447887/OpFor2_Mod.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232454079/OpFor2_Mod.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232461912/OpFor2_Mod.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232468421/OpFor2_Mod.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/232475385/OpFor2_Mod.part05.rar

Code:
Megaupload links coming soon!

Download all and extract to Sourcemods.

No password is needed and credits go to me for re-uploading and FeareD for leaking.

Screenshots and Videos will be posted below shortly or whenever i feel like it.

First leak video posted, by Willerin. (This is only one of the many many maps.)

P.s Captions is on by default aswell as mat_fullbright 1 on some maps and net_graph 1 so you might wanna change those.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:48 pm 
Donator

What's the point of leaking a mod? 8-)
Besides that it's ain't a full game and shouldn't be in the Games section.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:12 pm 
FTP Access

SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:
What's the point of leaking a mod? 8-)
Besides that it's ain't a full game and shouldn't be in the Games section.

What's the point of leaking Black Mesa Source and Lost Concepts? What's the point of them being in the Game Betas section?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:26 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The point is, we're a beta collectors site, and this is a beta. Make sense huh? And game mod or not, it is still a "game" never the less.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 pm 
FTP Access

Andy wrote:
The point is, we're a beta collectors site, and this is a beta. Make sense huh? And game mod or not, it is still a "game" never the less.

Thank you andy.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 am 
link is dead can you reupload this please

PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 pm 
FTP Access

I removed them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:05 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
hohoho... why? 8-)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:07 pm 
and you can reuplod them ?in megaupload?please ?^^

PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:20 pm 
FTP Access

Maybe *sniff* Maybe.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
darknigthmare wrote:
and you can reuplod them ?in megaupload?please ?^^
PM me, if you want to get it. It's still on the internet and easy to get ^^

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
If only the beta weren't on rapidshare, then I would download it. If someone could upload a mirror or something, would be great :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I think it would be THE BEST idea ever if someone were to upload it to Usenet and post an NZB.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Or you could just upload to a simple host like mediafire. I don't think they ever remove stuff for any reason.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm 
FTP Access

No, No, No.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:51 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Where can I get this beta? Can't find it anywhere.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
I think that's it: http://code.google.com/p/opposingforce2/downloads/list :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:30 am 

Favourite OS
E.G.SP3
To bad it doesn't work anymore since of the new updates to Half-Life 2... :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:39 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Really? It worked for me. Pretty interesting content.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:37 am 

Favourite OS
E.G.SP3
Quote:
Really? It worked for me. Pretty interesting content.

O'reily... All it does is just launches Half-Life 2 Ep2... :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm 
Administrator

Normally I never put up betas of mods on BA. If I started to do that we would soon have 29 different betas of "Random PacMan Quake Mod" or whatever home grown mod that anyone made and then abandoned. And frankly I don't have the time nor want to keep track of all the (in 99% of all cases) crap mods floating out there.

Digit@lyS@ne mentioned Black Mesa. I will do an exception for high profile mods, such as Black Mesa. Remember, Garry's Mod and Counter-Strike started out as user mods and ended up as standalone games. If Black Mesa will be released it will be a standalone game as well, not to mention Black Mesa is an exceptionally well done mod, far from any of the more common homebrew mods.

But as per default I will not put up mods on BA unless someone can prove to me the mod of is a high quality and popular mod. And remember, any information on how to bypass Steam to allow mods etc will be removed with a warning attached. Same goes with any linked mod that actively circumvents any Steam protection, as this is considered to be a crack of a kind.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 am 
FTP Access

There's no chance in hell that Black Mesa is ever going to be a standalone game.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 am 
Administrator

And you know this for a fact? You got some good insight into Valve I see :).

May I remind you how Counter-Strike started? It was just a mod, requiring Half-Life to work. The mod became very popular. The mod became a standalone game since you don't see it requiring you to install Half-Life to play anymore.

Garry's Mod the same. An indie mod which got picked up and made into a standalone game.

I am not saying it will happen with Black Mesa, but the chance does exist. Black Mesa has already shown that quality wise it's beyond most mods, and if it ever gets completed and released then it may very well become a game by its own.

If not then I'll remove the beta from the BA repository, but since it's a high profile mod atm it will stay. After all, we got old CS betas here too. But that doesn't mean we'll add every possible John Doe mod to the repository, there are other sites dedicated to this that would do a much better job at collecting them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:28 pm 
FTP Access

I'm quite aware. But Mihn Lee and Jess Cliffe had an original idea. Valve still owns the IP to the Half-Life universe. There's no way Valve will allow others to sell their game with new assets. Simple logic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Opposing Force 2 Leak        Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:28 pm 
Administrator

So am I. Several Valve developers has shown interest in the project. And it's not impossible that Valve might take them under their wings if the mod becomes popular. Valve are not stupid and if they see a business opportunity they will take it. It happened with CS. It happened with Garry's Mod. And if Black Mesa will be greater than anything Valve has done with the original HL then it's quite possible that they may make Black Mesa their own as well.

If Valve wanted to shutdown Black Mesa because it used something Valve didn't like then the Black Mesa project would have been dead now.

Either way, history will tell. At the moment Black Mesa is strictly off limits to the public, and all we've seen are screenshots, videos and a website.

Personally, a project such as Black Mesa would only benefit from the protective hand of Valve. Valve has damaged the Half-Life community too much now by constantly delaying the final installment of Half-Life (as well as other Half-Life projects) with halfbaked (no pun intended) excuses while putting off developers for other projects. They sold the idea of episodic games and promised the releases would be quick. And they showed why episodic games are a very bad idea. It simply damages the franchise far more than it helps.

The community needs new fresh blood, like the developers behind Black Mesa. Dedication like that will make the Half-Life community survive. And Valve would be stupid to put this to the grinder.

But as I said, the future will tell what happens. Black Mesa may never be. Or it may be the greatest Half-Life ever experienced.

Top  Profile  WWW