BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 15h, 22m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5728MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Motocross madness 2        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
They all blow
Well what do you know, not only did I find the windows millenium build 2348 from my shelf (The one that nookupeus introduced a while back at the protected side of the forums), but also a motocross madness BETA 2.0 (or so it says in the readme).
It is really amazing to see that the old stuff that I bought from russian / estonian markets back when I was the size of a fire extinquisher seem to contain lots of neat stuff.

Currently trying to copy the CD contents out and releasing what I can. The problem is that I used to treat my games.. screw that, they NEED a little fresh air outside the jewel case, right ?! ;)

As far as I can remember I never got it to install properly OR the crack supplied never worked properly (might be due to date restrictions that I didnt know a thing about back then)
There also seems to be a file containing some DIR listing with c:\trkdata\ and some files with build numbers on some.
Also is this version known to exist and leaked to every corner of the world ?

And I will end this post with a little snippet from the readme:

Code:
Microsoft® Motocross Madness™ 2.0 BETA README
March 2000.

© Copyright 2000 Microsoft Corporation.

This document contains important information specific to the beta version of Motocross Madness 2.0 that is not included in the jewelcase booklet or online Help.

Before reporting issues you encounter while running the beta version of Motocross Madness 2.0, please check the list below for known issues.

Also, please note that the Motocross Madness team is working on1 fine-tuning many aspects of the game, including: bike & rider physics, Garage power curve settings, and behavior/skill of AI opponents.

EDIT
Good news!
Even though of the bad scratches on the disc, i've managed to rescue every file so far MINUS the SX teraforms. Some manage to copy just fine, but 80% are too badly corrupted. Luckily even a few could be rescued and probably be filled from the retail release if possible for installation / gameplay. Will give it a spin asap.

UPDATE
Bad news!
The exe has ofcourse been triggered by the everchanging fourth dimension. I will still get this /thing/ uploaded (who knows, it might be a silly little change with some BIOS/OS time) Games can always have SPECIFIC dates required (which is an quite effective protection to think of it). So There are too many years to scroll by to find it out.
FIGHT THE POWER !

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Motocross madness 2        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
Try to run the game with RunAsDate

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Motocross madness 2        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
They all blow
Tried that suggestion but with no luck, thanks anyway.

The release should be on the ftp (as soon as everything gets an OK since I don't have access there myself yet).
Should not take long ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Motocross madness 2        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:31 pm 
Donator

oasiz wrote:
March 2000.
© Copyright 2000 Microsoft Corporation.

UPDATE
Bad news!
Games can always have SPECIFIC dates required (which is an quite effective protection to think of it). So

Did you try every day of March 2000? (you probably did, I just want this to work :P )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Motocross madness 2        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
They all blow
None match, Most likely it will be an obscure date in the year 2015. They can really supply it with anything they want, the more confusing the better :)
At least this does not require an external plug in a COM port for verification purposes ;)
Should be simple to find out the date from the exe if you have experience.

And the game should be heading for the ftp super highway as we speak.

Top  Profile  WWW