BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 7h, 7m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 6001MB of 11129MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
Hadn't seen this on the site (or any TR1 betas for that matter) so I figured I'd upload it.

It's just a small script-based video/demo released during the beta development stages. The demo itself isn't very interesting, but if you can access the game files, there's a ton of pre-release gems.

Click here to download

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
that is actually pretty good , thanks for uploading

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Very interesting thanks, anymore Tomb Raider / Half Life stuff is always welcome in my book (Y)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:39 pm 
FTP Access

This is a good release. But how do you access the game files? I used a few Tomb raider hacking / level / compression tools and they didnt want to open the file?

-Ev

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:13 am 
FTP Access

I managed to create to create my own script files for this, one that brings up the menu and shows the map: http://nonametr.110mb.com/DEMOdatmap.zip and another that brings up the menu and shows the grenade: http://nonametr.110mb.com/DEMOdatgrenade.zip. These are both features that didn't make it into the final product. Backup the original demo.dat and extract this into the same folder as the demo. :)

Last edited by noname on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
noname wrote:
I managed to create to create my own script files for this, one that brings up the menu and shows the map: http://www.geocities.com/noname2224/DEMOdatmap.zip and another that brings up the menu and shows the grenade: http://www.geocities.com/noname2224/DEMOdatgrenade.zip. These are both features that didn't make it into the final product. Backup the original demo.dat and extract this into the same folder as the demo. :)

Nice work! I hadn't come across accessing the map, it was pretty amazing - you can understand why it was cut though, heh.

I wonder if it's actually possible to play the demo and explore the level?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm 
FTP Access

haz0r wrote:
noname wrote:
I managed to create to create my own script files for this, one that brings up the menu and shows the map: http://www.geocities.com/noname2224/DEMOdatmap.zip and another that brings up the menu and shows the grenade: http://www.geocities.com/noname2224/DEMOdatgrenade.zip. These are both features that didn't make it into the final product. Backup the original demo.dat and extract this into the same folder as the demo. :)

Nice work! I hadn't come across accessing the map, it was pretty amazing - you can understand why it was cut though, heh.

I wonder if it's actually possible to play the demo and explore the level?

Maybe, I haven't found any way to do it through demo.dat though. Is there anyone here good at programming/hacking that can modify the demo to make it playable?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
While we're on the subject of Tomb Raider pre-releases; I've managed to find an early prototype version for the PSX. It's an .ISO around 400 MB, I'll keep you updated. :wink:

Also, this is pretty old but I figured I post it anyway:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-M6xgPsgGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
Sorry for the double post.

The build I just obtained recently looks pretty similar to the one in the "WIP Demo". I haven't been able to fully explore it, as it hangs/freezes when you press select, start, and also when you finish a level. I'm using a PSX emulator, so that may be the cause, I'll burn a copy and try to run it on my actual console.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:24 am 
FTP Access

If you're willing to share it that would be great :D

Just a random question, but how long have you been collecting these things?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
lucas93 wrote:
If you're willing to share it that would be great :D

Just a random question, but how long have you been collecting these things?

Yeah just gotta upload it, the .ISO is 600 MBs unpacked. The only real differences I've seen in it so far it's the lack of options in the menu screen (because it pretty much freezes 24/7), and the fact that it's for the PSX means I don't really know how to dig for pre-release gems. :(

Here's a screen:

Also I've been collecting for awhile, I have a few good sources. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 pm 
FTP Access

Where did you find it?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 95
noname wrote:
Where did you find it?

Private beta community.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:24 pm 
FTP Access

So are you uploading it soon?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:44 pm 
Donator

You need a higher level account to upload don't you?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:17 am 
FTP Access

Maybe he has his own server to upload it. Any updates haz0r?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Release Preview
this page is interesting http://nonametr.110mb.com/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:17 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP/Vista
Was this ever uploaded?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider "Work In Progress Demo"        Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:30 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
From the looks of it? No, I don't think so. But, I just skimmed this page so that's just my speculation.

Top  Profile