BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 19h, 7m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 6033MB of 11131MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 am 
Beta Source Engine
Source Code Leak

Hello all, i give you BSE source code leak (uncompiled). See here for more info viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5638

Download:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/204725640/bse.src-louti.rar

Please make a mirror when you're done the download!

PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 am 

louti wrote:
Beta Source Engine
Source Code Leak

Hello all, i give you BSE source code leak (uncompiled). See here for more info http://betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... =14&t=5638

Download:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/204725640/bse.src-louti.rar

GTFO, what gives you the right to leak our code?

TO ADMINS: Lock this thread, and please remove the link

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 am 
This's hardly your code its Valves! There even notes from other teams on the build notes so its not all your code.

PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:15 am 
FTP Access

No, it isn't all their code, but it's their project.

I'll agree with Inevitab13 on this one:
Admins should lock this topic to prevent a a possible flame war, remove the links.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:22 am 
Donator

But in a similar sense, Windows 7 is Microsofts project.
If BA became known as a place that shuts down leaks, then nobody would leak to BA.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:28 am 
FTP Access

J.Byrne wrote:
If BA became known as a place that shuts down leaks, then nobody would leak to BA.

They removed links to the CairoShell leak.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:40 am 

louti wrote:
This's hardly your code its Valves! There even notes from other teams on the build notes so its not all your code.

We've spent hours fixing this, and you've just decided to give it away when we aren't ready?

I'm warning you now, GTFO and remove the links, or face serious consequences

We'll deal with assholes who steal our code very, very seriously. This also applies to those who wish to use this for their own projects.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:43 am 
Donator

Famouss wrote:
J.Byrne wrote:

CairoShell was different, the people behind it wrote/owned their own code, and they asked much nicer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:57 am 
FTP Access

J.Byrne wrote:
Famouss wrote:
J.Byrne wrote:

CairoShell was different, the people behind it wrote/owned their own code, and they asked much nicer.

If we didn't code anything in this it would just be Half.Life.2.SRC.Leak not BSE leak.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:01 am 
Donator

True I guess...
If the Mods think it should be taken down then so be it, it's a pretty big moral grey area.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:28 am 
FTP Access

This is kind of like a having a car thief complaining about having his stolen car stolen. There's a nice irony in it that's delicious.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 am 
Administrator

Inevitab13, you may contact me in private and argue about why I should remove a piece of code that isn't yours in the first place. Even if you did modify it I will need to see some license papers from Valve that gives you the right to modify and make a "project" from the code. As a beta tester I can call Valve and ask them if you got the right to use this code. However BetaArchive does not care what you do with the code, but since you are claiming it's yours and demanding that we remove the link on that basis I will need some proof that it's really yours.

Second, coming here with a bad attitude threatening our members with consequences if we don't censor links to code you don't own (prove it otherwise as mentioned above) in the first place will not grant you any favors. Behave in a mature way and you will be listened to and treated as if you had a case. Because at the moment you yourself face a ban, not for demanding a censorship but for breaking several rules on this forum.

As a beta community we would be able to release this code as-is, what members do it with after downloading it from our servers is not of our concern.

I will await your answer. Until I get a satisfactory reason to remove the link it will stay. Remember also it's a rapidshare link, nothing that will be done on this forum can remove the original link.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 am 
Donator

If he does contact RS saying it's copyrighted or something and it gets removed it doesn't matter.
Ive already downloaded it and I will upload it to the server anyway. 8-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:53 am 

mrpijey wrote:
Inevitab13, you may contact me in private and argue about why I should remove a piece of code that isn't yours in the first place. Even if you did modify it I will need to see some license papers from Valve that gives you the right to modify and make a "project" from the code. As a beta tester I can call Valve and ask them if you got the right to use this code. However BetaArchive does not care what you do with the code, but since you are claiming it's yours and demanding that we remove the link on that basis I will need some proof that it's really yours.

Second, coming here with a bad attitude threatening our members with consequences if we don't censor links to code you don't own (prove it otherwise as mentioned above) in the first place will not grant you any favors. Behave in a mature way and you will be listened to and treated as if you had a case. Because at the moment you yourself face a ban, not for demanding a censorship but for breaking several rules on this forum.

As a beta community we would be able to release this code as-is, what members do it with after downloading it from our servers is not of our concern.

I will await your answer. Until I get a satisfactory reason to remove the link it will stay. Remember also it's a rapidshare link, nothing that will be done on this forum can remove the original link.

I don't really care what happens here tbh, but if I find people taking credit for our modifications/fixes to this code, I will bring them down severely. I know that it isn't originally our code, but we spent a lot of time fixing this up. And if someone wants to take us down, then we will bring them down with us. That includes this forum.

People have tried to take down leak mod teams before, for example: The Old Times Forum, They tried to take down Team GabeN, do they exist anymore? No. They have also lost access to their email accounts, youtube accounts, and many other things.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:06 am 
FTP Access

To be honest we don't care about this code it has already been leaked in the Russian community.

@mrpijey
I will need to see some license papers from valve saying you can distribute the Half-Life 2 Leak on your ftp server and BA ftp server otherwise I will contact them and ask them myself.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:02 am 
FTP Access

I don't remember where they said it, but Valve said themselves that 'they no longer care about the leak'.

It as brought up on either the Obsidian Conflict or Garrysmod forums.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:06 am 
FTP Access

Well if i recall correctly HavoK had a lawsuit against Valve because HavoK's code was leaked with the source code.
EDIT: My bad that was a rumor according to gamespot. But still my point is ID software's code was also leaked along with Miles and Havok.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 am 

Famouss wrote:
Well if i recall correctly HavoK had a lawsuit against Valve because HavoK's code was leaked with the source code.
EDIT: My bad that was a rumor according to gamespot. But still my point is ID software's code was also leaked along with Miles and Havok.

Miles is going to be replaced with OAL in our engine soon. Havok might be replaced with PhysX or something as well.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:55 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Inevitab13 wrote:
I don't really care what happens here tbh, but if I find people taking credit for our modifications/fixes to this code, I will bring them down severely. I know that it isn't originally our code, but we spent a lot of time fixing this up. And if someone wants to take us down, then we will bring them down with us. That includes this forum.

People have tried to take down leak mod teams before, for example: The Old Times Forum, They tried to take down Team GabeN, do they exist anymore? No. They have also lost access to their email accounts, youtube accounts, and many other things.

Just so you know I don't take kindly to threats and will quite happily ban you if you continue to harass and speak to members the way you are doing.

I've also downloaded this file to keep its existence, so no matter what you do, we'll still have this leak and if decided worthy it will go on our FTP server.

If you don't want these things getting out onto such sites as BA, then perhaps you should make your files more secure so they can't be leaked quite so easily.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 am 
Donator

Inevitab13 wrote:

My whole-hearted advice to you is go outside more often.
Get some sun, your Vitamin D levels must be horribly low.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am 
FTP Access

Andy wrote:
Inevitab13 wrote:

Just so you know I don't take kindly to threats and will quite happily ban you if you continue to harass and speak to members the way you are doing.

I've also downloaded this file to keep its existence, so no matter what you do, we'll still have this leak and if decided worthy it will go on our FTP server.

If you don't want these things getting out onto such sites as BA, then perhaps you should make your files more secure so they can't be leaked quite so easily.
Yeah I am contemplating making this leak an official release as soon I finish the website.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Inevitab13 wrote:
I don't really care what happens here tbh [...]

Why don't you leave this community then...?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 pm 
FTP Access

Inevitab13 wrote:
if I find people taking credit for our modifications/fixes to this code, I will bring them down severely. I know that it isn't originally our code, but we spent a lot of time fixing this up. And if someone wants to take us down, then we will bring them down with us. That includes this forum.

Internet tough guy is tough. Go cry somewhere else.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:30 pm 
FTP Access

One of the funniest threads I've seen around here. If I could digg this for comedy and irony value, I would. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Beta Source Engine SRC Leak        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm 
FTP Access

Haha! You're hilarious Inevitab13! First of all, I'm pretty sure you stole some code from us too! Secondly, you can't do [censored] to anybody anyway, threatening to take this forum too, simply made my day! I downloaded a copy, and it seems to me you spend countless of hours copy pasting source code from the Source SDK released on Steam.

As louti pointed out, your buildnotes.txt (src\buildnotes.txt) contains loads of entries from our additions to the src. So I wouldn't really come here saying its all yours and whatnot.

Contacting Rapidshare won't do anything either, since they'll have to prove they own the rights to the code, plus provide an address and other personal information. Which eventually shows they aren't working for Valve, nor do have a license to the code.

Should I go on?

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next