BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 16h, 5m | CPU: 23% | MEM: 5707MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:59 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
I found a strange loading problem in e3_lab that i wanted to show
http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/imageuploa ... .23026.jpg

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:28 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler Build 2419
try buildcubemaps in console, if that doesnt fix it it may never have been finished in the map source to give the wires a texture.

EDIT: at the models, I'm not sure. Did you try changing resolutions, if you're in WS you might have some issues.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:31 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
This glitch has only happened to me twice and buildcubemaps gives the wires a texture but the characters stay deformed. (Probably because i was in WS)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:20 am 
Donator

"OMG Beta doesn't work perfectly"... film at 11

Seriously. I am tired of this garbage. Unless it is a final release, stop posting this stupidity. OF COURSE THERE ARE PROBLEMS.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:17 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
I don't think anyone has seen this problem before. It also can happen in other maps like d1_canals_end where the world stretches.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 am 
Administrator

RentedMule wrote:
"OMG Beta doesn't work perfectly"... film at 11

Seriously. I am tired of this garbage. Unless it is a final release, stop posting this stupidity. OF COURSE THERE ARE PROBLEMS.

If you are tired of it then you don't have to read it at all, just close your eyes when you pass this section of the forum... problem solved! This is after all a beta forum...

There is a reason why this is the Technical Discussion >> Game Betas forum. People perhaps do want to know why these kind of errors happen, and some might have an answer for it that helps everyone get a little more understanding of how development is made.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
Doesn't hurt to talk about beta problems, though i am also trying to find more. "Technical Discussion" People would like to know about software, hardware and the bugs they come with. I will also be posting images of proto_trainstation and proto_c17map, they are very primitive.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
This may not be related directly to the beta itself. You having any other problems with your video card? Might want to make sure you have the latest drivers (although that itself could be the problem too).

Was the beta ever working for you in the past?

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." --Rabindranath Tagore

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 am 
Donator

I apologize if I came off as pompous. The nature of my post is more akin to this... I have no problem with the discussion of bugs and possible workarounds for such problems. However, to expect that there is a registry setting or a byte change to fix it really gets on my nerves. Especially with these older releases, with a completed product already out there, a binary diff and some basic debugging skills can show you what has gone wrong. And, unfortunately, you may find that the code has completely changed... that the road they went down to begin with ended up a dead end, so they rewrote it. This is the nature of unfinished software.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:18 am 
Donator

Spoon6789 wrote:
I found a strange loading problem in e3_lab that i wanted to show
http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/imageuploa ... .23026.jpg

You'll need graphic card supporting Pixel Shader 2.0 at least. I got that kind of problems running the beta on ATI 7500 32mb...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
I have a 9800 GTX +, It has Pixel Shader 2.0 with the latest drivers 180.84

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 am 
Donator

Spoon6789 wrote:

I remembered back then that ATI cards was supported natively, for nVIDIA cards, you need to run the game and specifying which Shader DLL to use and I can't remember what the command was.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:21 am 
Donator

FarCry3r wrote:
Spoon6789 wrote:

I remembered back then that ATI cards was supported natively, for nVIDIA cards, you need to run the game and specifying which Shader DLL to use and I can't remember what the command was.

i can't remember doing that

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 am 
Donator

___ wrote:
FarCry3r wrote:
Spoon6789 wrote:

i can't remember doing that

I don't know, probably the command was to use specific shader API for specific nVIDIA products if specified, or else it used the generic shader...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
If anyone has that Shader DLL i would gladly accept it. (People say there are two versions of the leak, and what about this 30 gb leak.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:59 am 
Donator

Spoon6789 wrote:
If anyone has that Shader DLL i would gladly accept it. (People say there are two versions of the leak, and what about this 30 gb leak.)

Idk anything about the 30gb leak. The only leak I ever found is the sources, and then the anon-playable-build, csport, hl1port, cs:cz, tf2 then someone released the russian, and there's a couple of patches... and oh, the mappacks. P/s, the shader DLL is in your bin folder. nVidia cards uses either shader_nvfx.dll or shader_nvfx_ps20.dll for Pixel Shader 2.0 supported card.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Spoon6789 wrote:

The "30GB version" is supposedly the entire tree (art, reference photos, etc) that was leaked. Whether or not this actually leaked or spread (since I would assume mass-leaking 30GB would be quite difficult, especially in 2003), is a different story.

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." --Rabindranath Tagore

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:15 am 
Donator

Rhykin wrote:
Spoon6789 wrote:

The "30GB version" is supposedly the entire tree (art, reference photos, etc) that was leaked. Whether or not this actually leaked or spread (since I would assume mass-leaking 30GB would be quite difficult, especially in 2003), is a different story.

My friend told me that the 30GB version was online for around 2 or 3 hours before it was taken down. Whomever got it must be keeping it secret though...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:08 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
You cant really leak 30gb of developed content without it getting noticed by someone.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:08 am 
Donator

Spoon6789 wrote:
You cant really leak 30gb of developed content without it getting noticed by someone.

Now if someone could upload the 30gb stuff, then he's a legend, avoided FBI and sh!t like that.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
And now for something non-beta related. :D (Still looking for beta stuff)
http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/imageuploa ... .56366.jpg

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm 
FTP Access

There never was a 30 GB leak. This is just some dumb rumor started by someone that wants to look cool. Same thing goes for the TF2 leak that's floating around, not internally build at Valve, but by some random Internet person (Valve used version 37 models at the time, notice the TF2 leak loads only 36 models).

It seems to me you're running the leak in either DirectX 6 or 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 pm 
Donator

ScarT wrote:
There never was a 30 GB leak. This is just some dumb rumor started by someone that wants to look cool. Same thing goes for the TF2 leak that's floating around, not internally build at Valve, but by some random Internet person (Valve used version 37 models at the time, notice the TF2 leak loads only 36 models).

It seems to me you're running the leak in either DirectX 6 or 7.

On Dell Latitude C640 with 32mb ATI Radeon 7500, I managed to get it to run on DX8 only, no shaders, thus the wires and eyes is white (and framewire mode), now running it on HD3870 which never had any issues except of course, missing textures etc...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:30 am 
When i had that problem i opened the console and typed in "retry" without the ""

PostPost subject: Re: Half Life 2 Beta Glitch e3_lab        Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:54 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7100
Sorry i have not posted in recent months. (Education) But i have been compiling many maps from the WC Map pack.
Its taking much of my free time but it will be worth it in the end. Images are coming soon i can guarantee.
I think next might be some maps from 2001 so stay tuned.

Another reason i have not been on is that my Router is dying :cry:

If you're interested i could post links to my compiled maps, but you would need the beta for them to run

Sneak Peek
http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/imageuploa ... .78657.jpg

Top  Profile