BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 13h, 29m | CPU: 100% | MEM: 6736MB of 11231MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 am 
FTP Access

For those of you interested in Spore, Maxis released several prototypes and techdemos that we constructed while developing the game.

Heres the link:
http://www.spore.com/comm/prototypes

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:37 pm 
Donator

ive been playing around with them on the school computers for a while :P. i particularly like waterboy

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
7 Ultimate 64bit
What is the game spore all about? I've seen the game around quite alot but I never actually knew what it was all about.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 pm 
Donator

you make a cell and go from...

watch the video on http://www.spore.com and read :P.

ive been addicted since it came out.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:22 pm 
The basic jist of Spore is that it is another Sim-like game, except this time it goes through the development of an organism instead of a household or city or something.

You start out at the single-cell level and compete against other single-cell creatures to evolve newer, better parts and eventually go up to the creature stage, where you sprout legs and walk onto land for the first time. In the creature stage, you work to control the planet you are on by either befriending other creatures in the area of destroying them. Once you get through that stage, you are brought into a tribal stage where you form a tribe and compete against other tribes on your continent. Like the earlier stage, you can either fight them or ally with them. Once that stage is complete, you move on to the civilization stage where you begin to work with buildings, vehicles and a populace. Here, you fight other civilizations (or ally with them) to control resources necessary for development (sound familiar?). Once that stage is complete, you move onto a space age, where you compete with other space-worthy civilizations for control of the galaxy which, like our own galaxy, is absolutely massive.

When I first played the game, I think it took me an hour and a half to two hours to get through each stage until the space stage, which is where the main focus of the game is. You go onto undeveloped planets, terraform them to give them atmospheres and the ability to support life and you gradually work towards getting to the center of the galaxy.

PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 pm 
Cool cant wait to try it!
They are all kind of bad tbh but interesting :) I forgot about this.

PostPost subject: Re: Spore Prototypes        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 R2
Yeah I have also been a good fan of this game. I play it in school in between classes or when I'm just bored at home. It can get really addictive and it's kinda cool to go online every now and then and see the spores other people have created and submitted. I love how this game manages the library of spore creatures you make. It's also fun to go to other planets and look at what "could have been" so to speak.

Top  Profile