BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 18h, 16m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5591MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:14 am 
FTP Access

I was reorganising my betas folder, and I came across what looks like a TR2 PS1 beta. I've never tested it (because I don't have a playstation), so I'm not sure if it's real or not.

Anyone interested\should I upload to the server?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:42 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
lucas93 wrote:
I've never tested it (because I don't have a playstation), so I'm not sure if it's real or not.

You could try a PSX emulator.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 pm 
Donator

Please upload it to the BA Server.
A lot people will be interresting in these beta like me.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
would it work on a ps1?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm 
Donator

I've never owned a Playstation 1, but i tried a few games like Grand Turismo on the PS1 Emualtor "ePSXe"
http://www.epsxe.com/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:50 am 
FTP Access

I tried the PSX emulator like you guys suggested. I got through the intro movie and to the main menu, but whenever I tried to start a new game, nothing happened. Here's some screens that I took:

Do you still want me to upload it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:29 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
yeah, why not? someone will want a copy.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:30 am 
Donator

betaluva wrote:
would it work on a ps1?

it should if you have a mod chip or a swap disc (same with ps2)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
thanks for the info :) , i dont have either but i assume i could download a swap disc?.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
If you upload it I’ll gladly download a copy, a beta of the best tomb raider game... yes please :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP/Vista
Yes! please upload, but to an ftp I dont have to pay for :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:47 pm 
Donator

@XFUBX: To get access to the BA FTP Server, you need to be a advanced Member with 10 helpful posts

How big is the .iso size?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
PSX ISOs are generally less than 1GB, I don't know exact figures though. I guess the size is between 500-800MB uncompressed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:34 am 
FTP Access

I'm uploading now.
The image is 750mb, but its compressed to 355mb, and I'm still not sure if its a beta or retail.

EDIT: It's finished uploading to the BA server. Just need to wait for it to be moved.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 am 
Donator

betaluva wrote:
thanks for the info :) , i dont have either but i assume i could download a swap disc?.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:22 am 
I'm pretty sure the final version of this game had an issue starting in emulators, see if there are any patches specific for the game in the emulator you are using, though if this is the beta they might not work.

PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
It worked first time here in ePSXe with no problems.

ePSXe: 1.7.0
Bios: SCPH3000.BIN
Video: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76
Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0

The title screen is different to the PC version of the game, however I’m not sure if the PSX version was different anyway? If someone could confirm that would be great.

I was going to try the level skip cheat and skip through a few levels and see if anything looked different or even if the game had all the levels however I can’t get the level skip cheat to work.

Level Skip Cheat: Sidestep left, sidestep right, sidestep left, step backward, step forward, spin two times, forwards jump turn.

Screenies:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Tomb Raider II Playstation NTSC Beta        Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:50 pm 
No, it's definitely beta. The PSX and PC versions were pretty much the same. The title screen of the PSX beta is different, the sky texture is different, and the aircraft hangar doors open differently in the Oil Rig FMV, among other things. These are just the changes that immediately come to mind.