BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 10h, 10m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 5562MB of 10839MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Unreal 2 alpha??        Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
i cant find a download for the unreal 2 alpha
i cant find it on the sight or FTP?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:14 pm 
FTP Access

I have:
Unreal 1995 Techdemo
Unreal 1998 Alpha
Unreal II Beta
Unreal Tournament 1999 Beta
Unreal Tournament 2003 E3 Beta
Unreal Tournament 2003 Build 927
(These are all untested)

Are any of these what you want?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Erm..        Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:37 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
I know gmod got there first but I would quite like 2003 build 927 :)
Please??

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:32 am 
Donator

lucas93 wrote:
I have:
Unreal 1995 Techdemo
Unreal 1998 Alpha
Unreal II Beta
Unreal Tournament 1999 Beta
Unreal Tournament 2003 E3 Beta
Unreal Tournament 2003 Build 927
(These are all untested)

Are any of these what you want?

im interested in the e3 and the 1999 build, i already ahve the 927 build

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:11 am 
FTP Access

I'll start uploading some of these to the server. Like I said, these are all untested so I don't know if they're fake or not.

(This will take a few days because of my poor upload speed, so please don't rush me.)

EDIT: I'll also upload Live for Speed S2 0.5F while I'm at it. This version is almost identical to the first public version, except it still has the LX8 GTR. I'm not going to include a crack for it.

___ wrote:
already have the 927 build

Just to clarify: The E3 build was also build 927, but it just contained content for the E3 demo. The archive for the E3 demo is 250mb. The full build 927 is 800mb.
Which do you have?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:15 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
Actually i will take all of those lol,
i have a clean harddrive that i use for just beta's/Alpha's
so i will actually take those all, if you could upload them somewhere BUT rapidshare i will thank you :D
:P

(yes i want both the builds of Ut2003)
isnt there an alpha of Unreal 2, everywhere i look that is what i see is the alpha.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:39 am 
FTP Access

I'm uploading them to the BA server, and not anything like rapidshare.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:14 am 
Administrator

Looks like the builds I got prepared for BA already. They will be up tomorrow on the FTP. Would be nice if someone could give me full version and build numbers for these, and also any codenames if possible.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:01 am 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
Looks like the builds I got prepared for BA already. They will be up tomorrow on the FTP. Would be nice if someone could give me full version and build numbers for these, and also any codenames if possible.

Don't move them yet, I haven't uploaded them all yet, (some archives are only at 50% uploading).

And I'll PM you the build numbers when I find them.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm 
mrpijey wrote:

I know the codes for two leaked UT2003 builds: Build 906 (back when it was still known as Unreal Tournament II - contains something on the order of three deathmatch maps, two CTF maps and no player models) and build 927 (contains almost every map that came in UT2003's retail release, as well as a couple of others that didn't make the cut).

I have both of these... and I keep seeing an E3 build getting tossed around... I'm not sure if that would be build 906 (I hope not - it is very unpolished and i'd be embarrassed for Epic if it was the official E3 build). You guys should definitely have 927 on your FTP (I don't have access yet) but if you don't have build 906, let me know.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Is there anything different about the Unreal 2 Beta?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 pm 
Shane wrote:
Is there anything different about the Unreal 2 Beta?

Unreal II and Unreal Tournament 2003 were two very different games released around the same time (mid to late 2002). The whole idea between them is that Unreal II continued the story that followed out of Unreal's single-player campaign from 1998... while it was a deviation from the overall themes of the game (new weapons, no flak cannon, different setting, etc.), it still sported the Unreal name. It did not, however, include any multiplayer whatsoever.

Unreal Tournament 2003 followed after the success of Unreal Tournament, which was nothing more than a standalone multiplayer-only title expanded on from the original Unreal (originally, UT was intended to be an expansion for Unreal but after a while, Epic realized they can make a massive profit off of it by making it a stand-alone game).

To sum it up, Unreal II is a singleplayer sequel to Unreal, while UT2003 is a multiplayer sequel to Unreal Tournament.

The Unreal II alpha was a leaked alpha build of Unreal II, the singleplayer title. I don't know much about the leak because I've never had much of an interest in the title overall, but i think it was sourced from around E3 of 2001 or 2002.

[e] I am downloading a massive Unreal beta archive dvd from one of the torrent communities, and am about 3 hours from getting it - there is one seed remaining so I'm hoping that this one seed I'm getting it from doesn't disappear. If he doesn't, I'll let you know what the alpha is, what it contains and I'll rehost it for those that don't have FTP access.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:33 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I am extremely familiar with the Unreal universe and what the games where about, what I meant to ask was is there anything in the beta version of Unreal II that didn't make it into the final release of the game, that would make the beta version worth getting hold of? Sorry if I made the intent of my post unclear in any way

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:35 am 
Shane wrote:
I am extremely familiar with the Unreal universe and what the games where about, what I meant to ask was is there anything in the beta version of Unreal II that didn't make it into the final release of the game, that would make the beta version worth getting hold of? Sorry if I made the intent of my post unclear in any way

Oh, no problem :)

I would say any beta would be worth getting a hold of... but that's just me. 312MB left in the download. I have a final and some papers due tomorrow, then I'm free until February... so as soon as that stuff is knocked out of the way (assuming this single seed sticks around) I will let you know how different the alpha is.

[e] This download is a single 3.9gb disc image... which sucks because I have everything on the disc except for the Unreal2 alpha and the UT99 beta, and the bulk of this disc image is UT2003.927. It wasn't like i could just download specific parts and be done a few days ago... then again, having all six Unreal betas (Unreal95, Unreal98, UT99.222, Unreal2Alpha, UT2003.906 - I am assuming on that one - and UT2003.927) on one disc will be pretty nice.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:41 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
With games I personally tend not to download the Beta versions unless there are significant differences as I feel bugginess tends to ruin the immersiveness of a game and spoil the fun a bit, but sometimes I download betas (like the HL2 Leaked beta for example) that where significantly different to the final release mainly to have a little poke around

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:26 am 
So here is what I gathered from the Unreal II alpha.

It contains 11 maps, most of which focus on the environments in the game. I must confess, it's been around three years since I've played Unreal II, but I didn't really recognize anything as having been in the game.

Of the maps...

CHAidaHall.un2 - A hallway with Aida, obviously to show off the character model.
E3Asteroid.un2 - A series of rocks in space. You jump from one to another. No AI, and no weapons. One building from what I saw
E3Atlantis.un2 - This level is from the later levels in the game in the alien-mothership-like stretch of the game
E3Hall-New2.un2 - I didn't have a chance to check this out yet
E3Water.un2 - Didn't have a chance to check this out either
Eden_E3.un2 - you start in the same halls as CHAidaHall, except you eventually find your way outdoors. There are a few NPCs standing around - obviously enemies, but there is no scripted AI. Most of them have rifles, but a couple of them have rocket launchers. They can be killed with an insane number of bullets.
Eden_E3A.un2 - Same thing. I'm not sure of what the difference is.
Entry.un2 - a solid cube with no textures
M03A1.un2 - a dig site, like the earlier levels in Unreal II, except this one has alien-like spores everywhere and it is night-time. No AI from what I could see, but there were several structures.
M03A2.un2 - A vast, black area. I had no idea I was in the game until I typed "suicide" in the console and, low and behold, I was a dead corpse in the middle of nowhere.
Skaarj_Duck.un2 - no idea what this is. I didn't have the chance to check it out.

The entire thing is devoid of any interface, minus crosshairs for the weapons. There is no menu, a console that covers the entire screen and little to no commands that follow the traditional Unreal commands (loaded, for example). Seriously, it looks like this was intended to just demonstrate what the game will look like, with the vast environments and the complexity of the models and static meshes. In order to change levels, you have to quit, edit Unreal.ini in the system folder and change LocalMap to the map you want to load, thus making it load the map you want to load when it launches.

It's a collectible, but hardly playable.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Sounds like a bit much of a pain in the butt for me xD

Top  Profile