BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 8h, 7m | CPU: 36% | MEM: 2202MB of 4389MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 PostPost subject: New Xbox Experience Leaked: Installs on Normal 360s!!        Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:07 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 am

Posts
65

Location
NJ
I haven't tried this yet myself, but do plan on it. The update files for the New Xbox Experience have been leaked. However, you will not be able to play on Live until November 19th when it is officially released. Its not that you shouldn't, it's that you can't. If your console's serial number isn't on Microsoft's whitelist then it just doesn't let you connect until the 19th.

All you have to do is burn the files to a cd or throw them onto a USB flash drive, insert the cd/usb device, and restart the console. It will ask if you want to update, just select yes, and you will have the NXE.

Link to story and files!


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:32 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Posts
303
I wouldn't install it imo. Don't want to risk getting banned from live (small possibility at best though). I can wait 19 days. :)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:48 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Posts
538

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
I seen this on another site, and then proceeded to install it :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/159405527/N ... l.rar.html

Some pictures I took


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:33 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am

Posts
216

Location
Poland
Installed it as well, my console is banned anyway. I copied Guitar Hero: World Tour and Fallout 3 to my hard drive. Now it reads data faster, it's more quiet and, most importantly, isn't overheating.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:39 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 am

Posts
65

Location
NJ
You can't get banned for installing it. Basically, on Nov. 1st people were given the preview version. If those people were to plug there HDD into another 360 that wasn't registered with MS to use the preview, then it just doesn't let it connect to Xbox live until the 19th. Simple as that, so it is safe, you just don't get Live until the 19th :(

BTW, Fallout 3 is so freakin epic.


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:18 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Mon May 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Posts
78
I like it so far, it's a nice change from the blades.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Posts
2366
Bigern1990 wrote:
You can't get banned for installing it. Basically, on Nov. 1st people were given the preview version. If those people were to plug there HDD into another 360 that wasn't registered with MS to use the preview, then it just doesn't let it connect to Xbox live until the 19th. Simple as that, so it is safe, you just don't get Live until the 19th :(

BTW, Fallout 3 is so freakin epic.


They can ban you for whatever they want. Not that I think they're going to.

The dashboard isn't installed on the hard-drive, so that theory is out.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Posts
78
Thanks guys for letting me know it was out there, am running it now and it's dead sweet. Only 8mb too! =)

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:30 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 am

Posts
65

Location
NJ
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Bigern1990 wrote:
You can't get banned for installing it. Basically, on Nov. 1st people were given the preview version. If those people were to plug there HDD into another 360 that wasn't registered with MS to use the preview, then it just doesn't let it connect to Xbox live until the 19th. Simple as that, so it is safe, you just don't get Live until the 19th :(

BTW, Fallout 3 is so freakin epic.


They can ban you for whatever they want. Not that I think they're going to.

The dashboard isn't installed on the hard-drive, so that theory is out.


Actually, the NXE is the first 360 dash update to install on the HDD. You are required to have atleast 128mb of free space to install the NXE...

http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/hh/we ... cation.jsp


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:41 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am

Posts
890

Location
United States

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
QuiescentWonder wrote:
They can ban you for whatever they want. Not that I think they're going to.

That is true. Last year a few people got banned from Xbox Live until A.D. 9999(No joke) for cheating in the epsilon version of Halo 3.
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Thlump wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:
They can ban you for whatever they want. Not that I think they're going to.

That is true. Last year a few people got banned from Xbox Live until A.D. 9999(No joke) for cheating in the epsilon version of Halo 3.


Then don't CHEAT!
Only cheat in games that are offline, not online :idea:

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:06 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Posts
538

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Thlump wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:
They can ban you for whatever they want. Not that I think they're going to.

That is true. Last year a few people got banned from Xbox Live until A.D. 9999(No joke) for cheating in the epsilon version of Halo 3.
Image


Is the Epsilon beta available anywhere to download? I've been looking for this rare gem ;)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am

Posts
890

Location
United States

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
That is the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3 Epsilon, so if there is no Xbox 360 image of it or if there isn't a PC version of it then sadly no. But it's worth a try, and the Halo 3 beta(expired) also exists too.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Posts
538

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
Thlump wrote:
That is the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3 Epsilon, so if there is no Xbox 360 image of it or if there isn't a PC version of it then sadly no. But it's worth a try, and the Halo 3 beta(expired) also exists too.


There should be an Xbox ISO somewhere.... I hope there is anyway since loads of people were playing it...


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:59 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Posts
70

Location
Staffordshire, UK
I've heard that Microsoft are going to ban Live accounts if they find you have been using it early. If they will stick to it I don't know, with the money loss and all. If I had an Xbox then I would rather wait than risk it, it isn't that far off anyway.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:02 am

Posts
65

Location
NJ
I have been using it for the past few days. Just says I can not connect to live until the 19th. They did this on purpose because someone with a legit preview could connect their HDD to someone's 360 that didn't have the preview. It would then install the preview on their 360, however, that 360 wasn't supposed to have the preview. So it just doesn't let them on live until the 19th. Simple as that.


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:06 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Posts
2366
I doubt they'll do it, but what do I know. I certainly hope they don't ban my Xbox. :|

I just unplugged my hard-drive from my 360 and there is no other storage and the dashboard still works (100%). So it's not installed on the hard-drive. They require you to have a hard-drive to use some of the features, that's all.

Quote:
someone with a legit preview could connect their HDD to someone's 360 that didn't have the preview. It would then install the preview on their 360


I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Posts
538

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
QuiescentWonder wrote:
I doubt they'll do it, but what do I know. I certainly hope they don't ban my Xbox. :|

I just unplugged my hard-drive from my 360 and there is no other storage and the dashboard still works (100%). So it's not installed on the hard-drive. They require you to have a hard-drive to use some of the features, that's all.

Quote:
someone with a legit preview could connect their HDD to someone's 360 that didn't have the preview. It would then install the preview on their 360


I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.


It does, someone on another forum I go on done it and found out that his friends xbox got updated, then he ripped the update and shared it :P


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:14 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Posts
2366
Now the real question is, why would they store the update installer on the hard-drive?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:51 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Posts
538

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
QuiescentWonder wrote:
Now the real question is, why would they store the update installer on the hard-drive?


I think its because of the fact that you can install games to the HDD, and maybe if you installed a game to it and put it into another xbox without the update, something bad will happen? (Maybe an exploit or something...)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Posts
1079

Location
UK

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
:cry: Its the 19th and I still cant connect!


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:12 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:09 am

Posts
368

Location
Sweden
Works fine here but it looks like the marketplace servers are overloaded or something. Keep throwing errors when I open them up despite being connected to live.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:40 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:57 am

Posts
400
I must say, I am very impressed with what Microsoft has done to improve their Xbox 360 Dashboard software. This is truly innovation at its best. At first, it was really confusing, but everything seems more "modern." Just add Blu-Ray and it would be perfected. If only I had Gold Membership (aka had money) and a NetFlix account to take advantage of it all, it would be even better.

Many state that many of the innovations, such as the creation of avatars, is similar to Nintendo Wii's Mii avatars. However, everything is more customizable and more personal, everything feels more real. I understand that this isn't a Microsoft milestone, but they took an idea and made it better.

All-in-all, very impressed. Not sure if it was worth the wait, but everything feels more fluid than the Blades system we had before.

_________________
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:30 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 am

Posts
29
The old dashboard was horrible this new one is much easier to use and a lot faster.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Posts
913
It looks better, but I'm still getting lost around it!


It you guys are looking for the Halo 3 Beta (Not the Epsilon), theres a copy of it on the BA server. I doesn't work, but it's a Halo collectors item.


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS