BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 13h, 3m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 6088MB of 11260MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: HL2 Beta Patch 2        Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
hello,
I have noticed that the link for the beta patch 2 is down (the site is down)
i was wondering if anyone could upload it to FileFront
you can just use quick upload without a account and upload
thank you,

-GMoD1001

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
hello,
IIRC there never was a patch, the anon version of the beta was already patched (source: some old nfo file from the anon leak).

-GMoD1001

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:22 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
longview wrote:
hello,
IIRC there never was a patch, the anon version of the beta was already patched (source: some old nfo file from the anon leak).

-GMoD1001

Actually, there are 3 main patches for HL2 anon leak ( Alpha Patch, Beta Patch 1, Beta Patch 2 ). I will upload them later (probably on private ftp).

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
actually i am using the Russian leak, But do upload those patches
and i only ever applied patch 1
but the only difference is that it has more maps, and a map launcher.
and the first patch did take affect, adding working gibs to the Barnacle and fixing some thing's

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 pm 

Hi everybody.

It's my first post here, just signed in today. I have a question, I guess I'm posting it on the right topic, but I just saw a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onPxF6_LVxY of manhack arcade and I would like to ask if anyone knows where to find that version of HL. I've tried google but only found HL1 port on http://hl-beta.spb.ru/, and I can't install it because of some .NFO file that it's not there.

Thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:15 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
c3lhas wrote:
Hi everybody.

It's my first post here, just signed in today. I have a question, I guess I'm posting it on the right topic, but I just saw a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onPxF6_LVxY of manhack arcade and I would like to ask if anyone knows where to find that version of HL. I've tried google but only found HL1 port on http://hl-beta.spb.ru/, and I can't install it because of some .NFO file that it's not there.

Thanks

It's fake! Map is remake of one map from "HL2 Beta Mappack" to HL1 engine. Also HUD is added from HL2 Leak.But you can clearly see - everything is brush-based, low-res textures and old lighting... :idea:

Last edited by baso on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:18 pm 

Thanks, and your right, it does seem a bit weird. So where to find this HL2 Beta mappack to HL1 engine?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
It doesnt exists. If you can "port/remake" some map, just download "HL2 Leak Mappack" and compile map in Hammer with HL1 settings (you must repleace all prop_* stuff with brushes, also port materials to wad etc. etc. )

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 pm 

Nice, thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
I have uploaded main patches to rapidshare:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/135929991/Half-life_2_Beta_Alpha_3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/135927611/Half-life_2_Beta_Release_1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/135918916/Half-life_2_Beta_Release_2.rar

I have much more Leak fixes/paches/addons etc. - i will upload big package to private FTP next week. Also i am going to release first alpha version of my fixed/updated HL2 Leak soon (codename Source2K3 :) )

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
Thanks man awesome, also keep me up to date about this beta fix you got going

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:05 am 
FTP Access

baso wrote:
c3lhas wrote:
Hi everybody.

Thanks

It's fake! Map is remake of one map from "HL2 Beta Mappack" to HL1 engine. Also HUD is added from HL2 Leak.But you can clearly see - everything is brush-based, low-res textures and old lighting... :idea:

No, that map is in the mappack. It's named arcade_06 IIRC.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:57 am 

So it does exists? What called my attention at first was the aspect of the interface, similar to hl1 but new background. Is that a port?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
Yes map exist (i have mappack and i know that map -i was fixing it too), but HL2 Alpha doesnt exist... and c3lhas was asking for that version of HL not map.

Map looks realy crappy, so i think it's compiled for HL1 engine. But maybe is menu part of video captured from HL1 (with background from HL2 Leak files) and in-game part is from Leak.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 pm 
well, all old maps look like half-life 1, the airex ESPECIALY looks like half-life 1, what ya have to remeber is the source engine was basicaly the hl1 engine only jazzed up and the hl1 engine was a modifed quake 2 engine lol. All maps in the mappack look like there from hl1, it even has all the hl1 maps inside it to, and as i put in another post you can find the arcade anywhere now, but the only WORKING manhack arcade (where you could scud round as a manhack) can only be found now in team gabens engine...and goodluck getting it off them lol.

however..if ya good and up for a challenge, the codeing for both the manhacks AND controllable missiles are in the old leak, the code is REALLY messed up and needs major work, the only way i've been able to use a manhack in the leak is by spawning it as the old weapon (original you could grab manhacks from metrocops and use 'em as a weapon). Now if someone were to ressurect this code, i will personaly PAY you

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:28 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Hey guys I just found this blog post about HL2 Alpha: http://diamadic.blogspot.com/2008/02/half-life-alpha-version-1.html

:|

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:39 pm 
yes, thats back in hl2's VERY early days (it's best days) when city 17 had a massive wall round it, canals actualy looked real to life, wasteland was a desert, barely any water...basicaly this is from the VERY first leak...hl2 actualy got leaked twice...first leak was the ENTIRE 30 gig folder, it had EVERYTHING, even there referance pictures that they took from around the world and its also where the mappack comes from. It was up on the net for 4 hours on private FTPS and was taken down by the FBI, second is the little german kid, barely anything and isn't even worth the download to be honest (unless you like me and what the materials folder), the leak we all know of is basicaly the beta for the retail, it had none of the old things in the program (such as controllable stinger missile launcher, manhacks, more puzzles more cars and so on..)
but yes this is from the very first leak....

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:50 pm 

skyline31 wrote:
Hey guys I just found this blog post about HL2 Alpha: http://diamadic.blogspot.com/2008/02/half-life-alpha-version-1.html

:|

That's what I was talking about. Sweet.

So it's really made in GoldSrc engine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:04 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
hitmahart1986 wrote:
well, all old maps look like half-life 1, the airex ESPECIALY looks like half-life 1...

All maps in the mappack look like there from hl1 ...

That is not true... many maps use tons of props, only oldes maps are completely brush based and look like from HL1.. if you fix that maps and compile them correctly (not like that batch compiled [censored]) they look nice :).

hitmahart1986 wrote:
..the code is REALLY messed up and needs major work...

I am working on it :) I spend weeks by cleaning code... then i start with fixing code ... first alpha verion comming soon.

Menu screenshot on that site is not captured from HL2 Alpha, it's HL1 with leaked materials, Alpha has different menu buttons too:

And there are two versions of background:

In Mappack there is modified version of map "somebody stole my TV!" (it's oldest map in package i think) and that map is completely brush based (cars, all details ...everything).

Also in Half-Life 2 Leak source codes there are many outdated source files form original GoldSrc and also from HL2 Alpha. Interesting evolution... :P

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:36 pm 

According to http://diamadic.blogspot.com/2008/02/half-life-alpha-version-1.html that version was used only by Valve employees, so I guess it never leaked :( ...or did it leaked on the Leak Beta?

Quote:
I am working on it :) I spend weeks by cleaning code... then i start with fixing code ... first alpha verion comming soon.

In Mappack there is modified version of map "somebody stole my TV!" (it's oldest map in package i think) and that map is completely brush based (cars, all details ...everything).

Also in Half-Life 2 Leak source codes there are many outdated source files form original GoldSrc and also from HL2 Alpha. Interesting evolution... :P

Sweet :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
:( HL2 Alpha was never leaked... in anon-leak there are only few files, most interesting stuff is in Mappack and in Source code (if you are programmer).

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:15 pm 
look, the alpha was leaked...that his how these people got the stuff, that is how the russian group got the airex maps, if you notice the most of the parts arn't in the mappack, nor the russian leak....the alpha was leaked for 4 hours and in those four hours much was taken out and cast over the net, if you don't believe then simply rip the mappack apart, you will find only 4 airex maps in there, there less finished to the version i have and one is called temp and looks COMPLETELY differnt, airec intro (rocks with an antlion guard and grubs nere it) TEMP (which is VERY early concept of airex_01), airex 12131415 (which is a bog standard airex_04) and airex puzzles...

the rest were in the 30 gig leak, i have those maps but NOTHING else as its so bloody hard to come by, it's the holy grail of the gameing universe lol

and if you still don't beleive me then ask some of the missing info team, they had access to parts ofit..

:edit: the mappack isnt in the russian leak, its from the 30 gig folder...and was then taken out and spread over the net, once again if you don't beleive me dl ANY leak and it wont have them in...just zoo maps, prefabs and the beta of the RETAIL story...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
Omg, i know Mappack, ports, old materials and other staff was leaked... but that Mappack is not from Alpha stage ... because 50% of mappack are Beta maps! Of course there are much older maps from alpha (like airex -i fixed all airex maps from pack) and hl1, but still it's not alpha mappack! Also Gabe's HL folder was leaked and other staff... also there was leak of earlier version of Source engine, but i think that was leaked from Valve's servers, but not leaked for public (yeah maybe for 4 hours, like you said??).

And i can say, there is no leaked Alpha version of HL2 on inet (Alpha version = compiled binaries + resources for me).

Here is something about leaks (from "dead" Grigori's forum):
Code:
Half-Life 2 was merely a rumor until a strong impression at E3 in May 2003 launched it into high levels of hype, where it won several awards for best in show. It was forecast to come out in September 2003, but was delayed. This pushing back of HL2's release date came in the wake of the cracking of Valve's internal network, through a null session connection to Tangis which was hosted in Valves network and a subsequent upload of an ASP shell, resulting in the leak of the game's source code in early September 2003. On October 2, Valve CEO Gabe Newell publicly explained in the HalfLife2.net forums the events that Valve experienced around the time of the leak, and requested users to track down the perpetrators if possible.

In June 2004, Valve Software announced in a press release that the FBI had arrested several people suspected of involvement in the source code leak. Valve claimed the game had been leaked by a German hacker named Axel Gembe. Gembe later contacted Newell through e-mail (also providing an unreleased document planning the E3 events). Gembe was led into believing that Valve wanted to employ him as an in-house security auditor. He was to be offered a flight to the USA and arrested on arrival by the FBI. When the German government became aware of the plan, Gembe was arrested in Germany instead, and put on trial for the leak as well as other computer crimes in November 2006, such as the creation of a highly successful trojan which harvested users' data.

At the trial in November 2006 in Germany, it was determined that Gembe did not leak the source code but that his negligent actions led to a parallel intrusion by members of the myg0t organization which released the code on BitTorrent afterwards.

After obtaining a shell in late 2002, Gembe was able to enumerate and crack all of Valves usernames and password hashes from the PDC using an account set up for a build system with an empty password that had administrative rights. As a developer himself, he watched the development process for quite some time and even admitted to making a few small changes to the game. Because the VSS revision control system used by Valve at the time was optimized for LANs and therefore too slow to transfer multiple gigabytes of data to Germany, Gembe developed a small client / server system that was not as influenced by latency to synchronize the changes done in the repository to his local copy. Gembe had no intent of releasing any of the source code, but after bragging about the intrusion to a member of the myg0t organization and disclosing the techniques used in August 2003, the source code appeared on the internet.

During the investigation police found a different version of the source code on Gembes computer than the one that appeared on the internet as well as the Half-Life gold source, Steam source code, TF2 / HL2 data files and a database of all Steam subscribers with their credit card numbers. The version of the game that Gembe had on his computer was a very incomplete version of the game, but it was pulled a few days before the intended release in September 2003, debunking Valves claims that the games delay was due to the leak instead of a missed schedule.

After this Valve shut down their network for a security audit and shipped some compromised PCs to the FBI. This process took some time, but Valve was back soon. Gembe didn't lose his interest in Valve after this and set out to compromise their network again. He achieved this five times despite heightened security.

In the first instance he found a MySQL server running on Windows with an empty root password and used the MySQL dump capability to dump table contents into a script file in the administrators startup folder, granting him all access the next time he logged in. This was quickly discovered and closed by Valve.

In the second instance, he developed an exploit for the Serv-U FTP Server in use by Valve and notified them about the risk in an email exchange. Valve didn't close the vulnerability until Gembe demonstrated it several weeks later.

In the third instance, Gembe developed an exploit for the then unpatched LSASS vulnerability that was later exploited by the Sasser worm and notified Valve about it. Again it took a demonstration on a Steam server for Valve to close the hole.

The fourth instance was after the first LSASS exploit had gone public and Gembe found another vulnerable system, which already had a FTP server from a warez group installed. On this system Gembe found lots of steam data, a database of all Steam subscribers with their credit card numbers and a newer copy of the Half-Life gold source. He also discovered a copy of PuTTY which he replaced with a password transmitting version he developed. After notifying Valve about the hole, they fixed it very quickly.

In the fifth instance, Valve employees used the compromised PuTTY client to login to another Linux system where the Steam friends database was hosted. Gembe took a quick look around on the system and nearly intruded deeper into their inner network from there. Shortly after this, Gembe was arrested.

And for your information, there is not "Russian leak", russian version = anon-leak + 1 map + game launcher

I am fixing Leaked source code, also fixing resources, scripts, materials, sounds and some maps ... so i do not need to ask "missing info team" (btw. MI is mod for Retail engine, much beter example is team GabeN...). I say that again i know about mappack and few alpha (old concept) maps (airex, vert etc.) and maps for engine developers (zoo_*, dev_* etc.) and also e3_ maps. And i know - they was not leaked together with anon-leak.

edit:
hitmahart1986 wrote:
what ya have to remeber is the source engine was basicaly the hl1 engine only jazzed up and the hl1 engine was a modifed quake 2 engine lol

This is not right, because GoldSrc (HL1 engine) is based on QuakeWorld engine (updated Quake I engine) with some "new" technologies from QII engine (provided to Valve by idsoft)... you obviously know nothing about Source/GoldSource...

But this is little bit offtopic && flame war (sorry moderators), you can PM me if you can...howk

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
xboxkrnld.15574
baso -- do you have the 30gb leak thats been mentioned? sounds like you do :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM x86-64
Sorry i don't have it :D :cry: ... but i have almost everything related to HL2 Leaks :wink: i started "collecting" back in 2003/2004, so tell me what you want and i will upload it (But i thing you was just kidding :wink: ).

Top  Profile  ICQ