Original Doom Alphas and betas

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
LEOTCK
FTP Access

Original Doom Alphas and betas

Post by LEOTCK »

I don't see anywhere a thread about the Doom Alpha versions and/or betas or other material that was released thorought the years. Alpha 0.3 resurfaced in 2015 and I'm really curious whether there are any hidden commands/commandline options in these builds. I find nobody has documented this, also for a plain player a lot of the areas are inacessible due to lack of cheat codes or at least cheat codes unknown to us. Map11 and more won't let me progress because of the issue of larger than stair drops being impassable etc...

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Re: Original Doom Alphas and betas

Post by LEOTCK »

I made some executable edits for testing of 0.4, to swap SARG with lost souls and barons.
download
But I wonder how to bypass the height limit because I saw videos that showed it.
EDIT: Ah he made a hacked exe as well to remove the limit instead of swapping the enemies.
Last edited by LEOTCK on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dezodor
FTP Access

Post by dezodor »

The site requires a password to download your edited stuff. Can you plz upload it somewhere else?
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

Sorry, it's been fixed now. Try the link again I accidentaly did "downloads" instead of download.

But here's a way to bypass the height limit and so far the only cheat I could find.

http://toastytech.com/dooma/alpha4.html

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

I made before also a hack of the 0.2 exes to show sargs instead of bosses (barons) and another exe that shows them being replaced with animated shotgun sprite (lol)
download

EDIT: Also hacked Doom 0.3 now, both with the wads levelhack
And also the usual lostsoul hack lostsoulhack