BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 22h, 42m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 5637MB of 10909MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
This is a collection of rare sonic prototypes and beta’s for various consoles including the 32x, Gamecube, Gamegear, Pico and Saturn.
Most of the games should work fine in an emulator, it might be an idea to burn the Gamecube ones to a Mini DVD-R and play them on your Gamecube if it's modified.

http://digiex.net/games-downloads/162-s ... eta-s.html

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:30 am 
Donator

all that stuff is here http://betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3703 ;)

i tried the sonic mega collection beta on the gamecube, just much the same except for place holder images

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
Thanks!!!!!! :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Ahh I knew I had seen them on here somewhere but couldn’t find it when I looked the other day! I guess it’s another mirror anyway in case it’s ever needed ;)

Did you play any of the other GameCube beta’s? I’ve not really had time to play about with them yet.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:24 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Apparently the SA:DX Proto has features. A lot of them.

Warning: This is Sonic CuLT. Lots of mature content (Really!)

http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispgame.php?catid=6&gameid=19

Oh and if your dl'in one, Its the Sonic Adventure DX (Prototype - Preview).rar

Remember, Preview, not Review.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:21 am 
Donator

InsaneNutter wrote:
Ahh I knew I had seen them on here somewhere but couldn’t find it when I looked the other day! I guess it’s another mirror anyway in case it’s ever needed ;)

Did you play any of the other GameCube beta’s? I’ve not really had time to play about with them yet.

i only have sonic mega collection (final version) to compare any of the betas to. I could play them but i have no idea if there is anything different

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
___ wrote:
InsaneNutter wrote:

i only have sonic mega collection (final version) to compare any of the betas to. I could play them but i have no idea if there is anything different

I played the Sonic Mega Collection, Its a little different, some games missing, and also the Presence of Sonic CD.

SA2:B Review, i haven't noticed the differences.

SA:DX Preview, i read at the Sonic CuLT that it has debugging features.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Nice I’ve got Sonic Mega Collection on the Xbox and as far as I know it does not have Sonic CD unless it’s one of the games I’ve not unlocked.

I really should burn these games and play them! I know I keep saying that lol but I don’t have the time atm!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I finally got round to trying these Beta’s out, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Prototype - Review).rar emulates almost perfectly :O

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4015.lab06
Oh, Shoot!

You have a beta of Gekko????

Could you please upload it? (with a cherry on top?)

I've been dying to try it out.

Oh, And the Sonic Adventure DX Preview is DEFINATELY worth looking at.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:24 am 
FTP Access

Bump for the emulator. What sort of PC would i need?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Sorry for the late reply I have been very busy with Uni work and not checked here for a few weeks.

The emulator I use is Dolphin 1.03.2 Beta x64 which you can download from here: http://www.ngemu.com/gc/dolphin.php?action=get&id=639
You need to be running XP or Vista X64 to use the emulator, it will not work on a 32bit OS.

Im using a Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.9ghz, 4gigs of Ram, Geforce 8800GT and Vista Ultimate with SP1.

Enable the options in the screenshot below, the most games are unplayable without them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 am 
Donator

whats the compatibility like? nothing beats playing it on the real thing :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
A few games work almost perfect Sonic Adventure 2 been one of them, the music is perfect in Sonic and most of the in game sound effects emulate fine.

Mario Kart plays quite well but you have to disable the shaders or it’s really dark, the sound could be a bit better.

Smash Bro’s emulates too well, the emulator has no option to limit the FPS so it’s like playing a super speeded up version of the game, if you could slow it down it would be very playable. Has very little sound.

A lot of other games load and be playable but with various bugs, apparently the Wind Waker looks awesome on this Emulator.

There’s a compatibility list here: http://dolphin-emu.com/gameslist.php although read there forums for more up to date information.

I’ve not really tested out any more games as I have a GameCube and would sooner play on that, we have regular 4 player games of Mario Kart and Smashbros :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm 
sonic the hedgehod
thanks for this
i remember when i play at is when i young

PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm 
Ah sonic on Sega those were the days.

PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
superstrikertwo wrote:
Ah sonic on Sega those were the days.

So true, the last good Sonic game in my opinion was Sonic Adventure 2.

What’s with the new Sonic games? Sega destroy Sonic more and more each year... unleashed was looking so good then I found out it had all these pointless missions in the town area and Sonic turned in to a werewolf... :?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm 
Donator

Werehog isn't too bad. Just get used to it. Also, the town missions are optional.

Offtopic: I'm doing a No-Level challenge in Unleashed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:08 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn - 4074
InsaneNutter wrote:
This is a collection of rare sonic prototypes and beta’s for various consoles including the 32x, Gamecube, Gamegear, Pico and Saturn.
Most of the games should work fine in an emulator, it might be an idea to burn the Gamecube ones to a Mini DVD-R and play them on your Gamecube if it's modified.

http://digiex.net/games-downloads/162-s ... eta-s.html

Oh its you from digiex! Hello.
Anyway, If you want the demo of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) here is a direct download link:

Sonic '06 demo - XBOX only

EVERYTHING IS BLUE.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:29 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
MrTechNews123 wrote:
Oh its you from digiex! Hello.
Anyway, If you want the demo of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) here is a direct download link:

Sonic '06 demo - XBOX only

Hello! Who are you on Digiex? i guess the internet is a smaller place than one might think!

I already have the demo, however thanks a lot! :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Sonic The Hedgehog – Rare Prototypes and Beta’s        Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn - 4074
Yeah I don't go on to much, but you have a lot of really useful tutorials.

Anyway here's a description of the demo:
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 Xbox Live Demo) for the Xbox 360 was once publicly available through Xbox Live Marketplace. It is currently only available for re-download to the Gamertags which have downloaded the demo when it was publically available for download. The demo was first posted online on September 27, 2006 and has a size of 314.50MB. [Source: Sonic Retro]

The demo plays out in Sonic's first section of Kingdom Valley and the level as well as the game itself contains some differences from the final version. It also contains the game's 2006 E3 trailer but without the dramatic voiceover

Various Differences :beta:

General
•The curvature of the Homing Attack goes downwards and can be used to improve momentum rather than reduce speed.
•Different enemy and item placement, no medals.
•Rings will fly out in a wider circle when hit.
•Immediate re-spawn after losing a life, the screen will not black out.
•Sonic never falls back from hitting a wall and never gets temporarily paralysed from being clipped to the sides of the walls.
•Most trails of rings are Light Dashable.
•Sonic will fall from ceilings instead of standing in place (e.g. the high cave full of Egg Bombers).
•Camera angle shots were added in the beginning spiral path of the level.
•Camera control is much slower.
•Action Gauge starts out empty but is fill-able by defeating enemies although it fills up much more slowly than its final version counterpart. Nothing happens when the Action Gauge is full. The first of the three bottom-right squares are colored in red showing a non-existent Custom Action to be Level 1. The bar below the Action Gauge also has a small bit of red filled in which is always empty in the final.

Visual & Sound
•Title screen uses one of the last riffs from His World (Ali Taba. & Matty Lewis version) instead of using the song's introduction.
•The title screen's and pause screen's options refer to the demo with "Play Demo" and "Quit Demo" respectively.
•The control scheme is shown during the level's loading.
•The music and the screen will not fade out after the last life.
•The visual effects of the Homing Attack are a little different.
•No flashy visual effects for Spin Dashing.
•The Bound Jump's "shockwave" is yellow-white instead of blue.
•Surfing on the wind paths won't produce the appearance of wind debris being cropped up from the character's feet.
•No voice sound effects except for subtitled scripts, no scripts on the results screen.
•Pressing A or X on any option in the pause menu will not produce the "confirming" high-pitched sound effect heard in the final and will instead produce the same "cancel" sound used for pressing Start or B.

Scoring
•1-UPs score 0 points instead of 200.
•After obtainment, 1-UP capsules will stay empty after losing a life.
•Light Dashing earns a Good! bonus and point increments increase for combo'ing them together.
•Hitting a rock pile, scattering them, is worth 20 points and hitting any of the scattered rocks are another 20 points each. In the final version the rocks will disappear immediately when scattered but the initial pile is still worth 20.
•The Egg Searcher wields three respawnable flying guns that are worth 100 points each instead of 0 like in the final. The Searcher itself is also worth 100 points and any guns that the Searcher was armed with upon its defeat will get added in to the point total. (e.g. Searcher with 1 gun = 200 pts.). Defeating a Searcher when it's armed with all three guns earns the player a demo-only Radical! bonus (e.g. Searcher with 3 guns = 400 pts. + Radical).

Bugs
•Control stick navigation for the title and pause screen is extremely sensitive and can only be properly navigated by using the directional pad.
•Egg Bombers can crawl in mid-air, most often seen with the first set.
•Home Attacking empty 1-UP capsules will have Sonic stuck in place and then dropped down.
•Completing the level with a timer that's 20 minutes and 1 second or over will earn an S-rank regardless of score.
•In most cases, if the player earns a Good!, a Great!, and a Radical! bonus in any order and in a short enough time between each, then the player will earn -2,112,941,584 points causing the score to maximise to all 9's. Completing the level with this score will cause every factor besides the time to be maxed out to 9's.

Collision Detection
•Prone to clip through walls usually from Spin Dashing next and into the wall as well as running into walls at high speeds often from being launched from a speedy Light Dash.
•The long quarter-pipe ramp before the goal has a collision hole at the bend on the right side.
•The ceiling collision barriers that obstruct the player's running path are missing in the high cave full of Egg Bombers making it much easier to run on the ceiling and do loop-de-loops.

ImageImage

EVERYTHING IS BLUE.

Top  Profile