Half-Life 1 Alpha?

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Betaliker111
FTP Access
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Betaliker111 »

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:I've got that Half-Life beta as well (he got it from me, actually). It's not worth uploading, because one of the data files is damaged. That's where the crashes are coming from. It's also not that early, build date is July 1998.
it would be cool to get it, and where is the screenshots for this build

st.alfonzo
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:43 am

SH!T

Post by st.alfonzo »

In a PM, GTW_Gamemaster(sorry I can't remember you name.) just said that the deal is off, and he is offended that this "warez community" wants something big for free with nothing to give in return. I sorry if I misquoted you, I'm going by memory. But if anybody else has valuable BETAS\ALPHAS they only want to trade on, I offer my collection of studio outtakes.


p.s. act fast before I put them on the server.

lucas93
FTP Access
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Post by lucas93 »

I've got the Live for Speed Alpha F leak, but I've already uploaded it. It's pretty rare, so consider that part of a trade in progress?

gracz54
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:44 am
Location: Poland

Re: SH!T

Post by gracz54 »

st.alfonzo wrote:the deal is off, and he is offended that this "warez community" wants something big for free with nothing to give in return.
[sarcasm]Oh, I certainly didn't see that one coming![/sarcasm]

InsaneNutter
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Post by InsaneNutter »

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:Yes, because it took me ages to find the most unmodified and complete build! Look, my thread about it is still here. Without me, you wouldn't even have a version with a working level editor. I cared, whereas others didn't -- they were pleased with the crappy version that was available back then.
If you Google “Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Beta” the website I’m the co-owner of is the 4th result, that’s a beta that’s never been modified... so it’s not exactly hard to find I should know I’ve had it on a CDR since 2001. If you honestly did fix some of the Jazz 3 beta by yourself then congratz, I know the Jazz Jackrabbit Community fixed multiplayer, the map editor and made a list server for it back in 2004... Maybe you were a part of that?
pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:Okay, if someone really wants the beta, I may agree on a trade (it seems to be very rare and sought-after, so I think that's fair). But I'm not putting up a public download, because I don't want to get flamed later for releasing a non-working beta, nor do I want to see it somewhere else with the info about the corrupt file removed.
It a shame you come here and have access to many rare beta’s that would be hard to find anywhere else on the net, yet you won’t share one beta this community is interested in... I think you get access to more than enough in return here... your more than happy to download the Halo beta this guy uploaded - http://betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4092

As you keep pointing out you were able to fix some of the Jazz 3D beta, why not give someone the chance to fix some of this beta and make it playable?

tibonk

Post by tibonk »

I sent him a very big list of betas for offer, and he answered "I just have them all" very quickly. Curious thing is that in the list there were a couple of betas that no body have, because I bought and dumped these games myself. So probably he just didnt want to share from the beginning, no will to trade at all.

-Brian

InsaneNutter
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Post by InsaneNutter »

Indeed I agree with the above post, there’s no proof he has this beta anyway. Post some proof and I’ll take that back

Evan
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Evan »

Not suprising at all, i knew he would make something up like that. This whole community revolves around the release of betas, its an excuse.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

lucas93
FTP Access
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Post by lucas93 »

InsaneNutter wrote:Indeed I agree with the above post, there’s no proof he has this beta anyway. Post some proof and I’ll take that back
Yeah, I'll take some proof too, then I'll delete this post

st.alfonzo
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:43 am

Post by st.alfonzo »

I bet PGW_Webmaster or wahtsisname is lying about giving it to unblestone.

fzajac
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by fzajac »

Guys, this discution is so pointless, we all know that even if he has it he won't share. And i don't think that you will provocate him to give out any proof. So why just don't leave it..?

If someone will want to share he will just share, if not... well than not.

EDIT:
And it's not i don't want this beta, i want it sooo badly but i think this conversation isn't getting us closer to get it. So why to make us look like little kids that says 'ohhh i NEED IT!!!!!'?

Evan
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Evan »

Request for a mod to lock this topic, so it doesnt keep getting bumped? It isnt going anywhere.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

Betaliker111
FTP Access
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Betaliker111 »

Man, the early versions are good, but IMO these VERY early ones used Quake I engine. But, someone is still wanting beta.
Posted by: InsaneNutter

If you Google “Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Beta” the website I’m the co-owner of is the 4th result, that’s a beta that’s never been modified... so it’s not exactly hard to find I should know I’ve had it on a CDR since 2001. If you honestly did fix some of the Jazz 3 beta by yourself then congratz, I know the Jazz Jackrabbit Community fixed multiplayer, the map editor and made a list server for it back in 2004... Maybe you were a part of that?
Don't go off HL1 beta, we're talkin about HL1 beta.

InsaneNutter
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Yorkshire, England
Contact:

Post by InsaneNutter »

Betaliker111 wrote:Don't go off HL1 beta, we're talkin about HL1 beta.
If you actually read my post I was making a point to the guy who says he has this beta.

Anyway there some videos of this beta on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNrRIBL2Mc looks interesting.

Betaliker111
FTP Access
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Betaliker111 »

Also, there was supposed to be mod called Quiver (1997 was original name) but there is no AI coder so it was dead. But, there will be created a Beta remake. (If you want to play mods you'll need HL1.)

Leon
Donator
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am

Post by Leon »

Is this getting leaked or what? I really want to see this xD

Betaliker111
FTP Access
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Betaliker111 »

Leon wrote:Is this getting leaked or what? I really want to see this xD
Me too like to see this, And wwho are seen this screen:
http://nostalgia.planethalflife.gamespy ... _trace.jpg

baso
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:51 pm
Location: Czech, Moravia

Post by baso »

Leon wrote:Is this getting leaked or what? I really want to see this xD
Yeah, too sad there is no beta/alpha/leak of HL1 . But "Half-Life: Day One" use a RC engine version and there are a bit different maps... and it works fine under XP/Vista for me. In Day One there are files used in this demo video http://youtube.com/watch?v=yxbmAjty41Q, and i have that map (".bsp" include textures too) somewhere.
Image

Betaliker111
FTP Access
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Betaliker111 »

I am pretty sad

I expected the release of HL1 beta

But this thread is good idea.
Image

lucas93
FTP Access
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Post by lucas93 »

I also expected to see the release of the HL1 Beta.
But you must admit: everyone was kinda going crazy towards pcGTW_Webmaster and unblestone pushing for a release.

Evan
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Evan »

If you thought that was crazy you haven't been on the internet enough =P It was like two people pushing and everyone else was hoping... Thats what people do.

If he can't take the heat get out of the... uh.. forum
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

pcGTW_Webmaster
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:53 am

Post by pcGTW_Webmaster »

Haha, that just shows how right I was regarding this community. People here can't accept a 'no' and they want to get everything for free. And if they don't get it, they start flaming, calling me a liar and whatnot.

I made a trade offer, which was more than fair given how rare the beta is (and remember: you asked ME for it! When I started participating in this topic, I had no intention to release it, because it is damaged, until I was almost forced to), but only two people were serious enough to offer something at all -- though only common stuff that isn't hard to get, and they expected to get a one-of-a-kind beta in return... All others only requested me to give out the download link, most weren't even polite -- with the most selfish one being Betaliker111, who sent me this lately:

"If you still have HL1 beta, please upload it, and give link for me ONLY."

(yes, that's the whole PM, not even greetings)

And now you are wondering why I refuse to leak the beta? My decision not to release it is solely based on the reaction I got from you guys.

Of course, it's much easier for you to call me a liar and think I don't have the beta at all (which isn't that bad, as no one will continue asking me for it in that case) than realizing that the attitude of the people involved are what made the deal fail. I don't care; think whatever you want. I'm out of the discussion.
st.alfonzo wrote:I bet PGW_Webmaster or wahtsisname is lying about giving it to unblestone.
If that would be the case, he had corrected me, don't you think? A "fortune" for you that he can not back up my words anymore (shouldn't you know already, he passed away two weeks ago).
tibonk wrote:I sent him a very big list of betas for offer, and he answered "I just have them all" very quickly. Curious thing is that in the list there were a couple of betas that no body have, because I bought and dumped these games myself.
I can't remember that I ever got a PM from you. I remember one sending me a huge list, though I think it was a different member, but I lost track of all the PMs early on. Anyway, if that was you, I had indeed everything on that list that would have interested me, which excludes newer stuff. You think that nobody have your betas because you bought and dumped them? That's nonsense. Most stuff that is sold has been dumped and leaked already before. People don't just sell one-of-a-kind betas. And if they do, you wouldn't have the money to buy them. Don't overestimate your betas, because they aren't as rare as you want them to be.

@InsaneNutter: Are you aware of the fact that I asked for an unmodified version of Jazz3D in this very forum and no one could offer one? I later found an almost unmodified version, fixed some additional stuff and gave the link out to quite a few people who asked me for it. That was half a year ago.

A site which you are the co-owner of has it? Maybe that's even my fixed version, which I could easily prove, but I don't find your website on Google at all. It's certainly not the 4th result when searching for "Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Beta". Your story about having it since 2001 can't be true, because the leak by one of the devs had not happened back then. But it doesn't matter anyway, does it? If you think something about my fixed release of Jazz3D was fishy, you had half a year to comment on it, but you didn't, neither did someone else. What you're trying now is just a poor attempt to corrupt my name -- which brings me back to the first sentence of my posting and the attitude of the people here.
InsaneNutter wrote:It a shame you come here and have access to many rare beta’s that would be hard to find anywhere else on the net
No offense, but I don't see a single original release here. People use the word "rare" a bit too often. I mostly see download links that people took (or rather stole) from other websites, as well as re-uploads of years-old stuff. Nothing of that is even close to rare, nor was it released here first. The only beta I downloaded was the beta of Halo, but even that is available since 2003 and nowhere near rare, you just have to search five minutes longer to find it. I don't have to come here to get "rare" stuff. Even if it sounds bragging, but for beta stuff, I have connections that you can only dream of.
InsaneNutter wrote:As you keep pointing out you were able to fix some of the Jazz 3D beta, why not give someone the chance to fix some of this beta and make it playable?
No one can make 20 megs of compressed data reappear out of nothing. The few maps that can be loaded crash after you reach certain points in the level, and without another beta from which you could take the missing data, there's no way to fix it. If you think you can take the data from the retail version, forget it. The format changed and the retail data isn't compatible.
Evan wrote:If he can't take the heat get out of the... uh.. forum
People who can't accept a 'no' should get out of the forum and of the internet. But don't worry. Since I know now that this is more of a warez community than a place for true beta lovers, I won't come back. Not that I was an active member anyway. I know better places to spend my time.

Sorry for the longish post... it's my last one after all.

nookupeous
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: USA

Post by nookupeous »

Just uploaded pre-release hl1 content, not a beta build, but you'll like what you see when you download I hope!

http://www.betaarchive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4915

Evan
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Evan »

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:Haha, that just shows how right I was regarding this community. People here can't accept a 'no' and they want to get everything for free. And if they don't get it, they start flaming, calling me a liar and whatnot.

I made a trade offer, which was more than fair given how rare the beta is (and remember: you asked ME for it! When I started participating in this topic, I had no intention to release it, because it is damaged, until I was almost forced to), but only two people were serious enough to offer something at all -- though only common stuff that isn't hard to get, and they expected to get a one-of-a-kind beta in return... All others only requested me to give out the download link, most weren't even polite -- with the most selfish one being Betaliker111, who sent me this lately:

"If you still have HL1 beta, please upload it, and give link for me ONLY."

(yes, that's the whole PM, not even greetings)

And now you are wondering why I refuse to leak the beta? My decision not to release it is solely based on the reaction I got from you guys.

Of course, it's much easier for you to call me a liar and think I don't have the beta at all (which isn't that bad, as no one will continue asking me for it in that case) than realizing that the attitude of the people involved are what made the deal fail. I don't care; think whatever you want. I'm out of the discussion.
st.alfonzo wrote:I bet PGW_Webmaster or wahtsisname is lying about giving it to unblestone.
If that would be the case, he had corrected me, don't you think? A "fortune" for you that he can not back up my words anymore (shouldn't you know already, he passed away two weeks ago).
tibonk wrote:I sent him a very big list of betas for offer, and he answered "I just have them all" very quickly. Curious thing is that in the list there were a couple of betas that no body have, because I bought and dumped these games myself.
I can't remember that I ever got a PM from you. I remember one sending me a huge list, though I think it was a different member, but I lost track of all the PMs early on. Anyway, if that was you, I had indeed everything on that list that would have interested me, which excludes newer stuff. You think that nobody have your betas because you bought and dumped them? That's nonsense. Most stuff that is sold has been dumped and leaked already before. People don't just sell one-of-a-kind betas. And if they do, you wouldn't have the money to buy them. Don't overestimate your betas, because they aren't as rare as you want them to be.

@InsaneNutter: Are you aware of the fact that I asked for an unmodified version of Jazz3D in this very forum and no one could offer one? I later found an almost unmodified version, fixed some additional stuff and gave the link out to quite a few people who asked me for it. That was half a year ago.

A site which you are the co-owner of has it? Maybe that's even my fixed version, which I could easily prove, but I don't find your website on Google at all. It's certainly not the 4th result when searching for "Jazz Jackrabbit 3D Beta". Your story about having it since 2001 can't be true, because the leak by one of the devs had not happened back then. But it doesn't matter anyway, does it? If you think something about my fixed release of Jazz3D was fishy, you had half a year to comment on it, but you didn't, neither did someone else. What you're trying now is just a poor attempt to corrupt my name -- which brings me back to the first sentence of my posting and the attitude of the people here.
InsaneNutter wrote:It a shame you come here and have access to many rare beta’s that would be hard to find anywhere else on the net
No offense, but I don't see a single original release here. People use the word "rare" a bit too often. I mostly see download links that people took (or rather stole) from other websites, as well as re-uploads of years-old stuff. Nothing of that is even close to rare, nor was it released here first. The only beta I downloaded was the beta of Halo, but even that is available since 2003 and nowhere near rare, you just have to search five minutes longer to find it. I don't have to come here to get "rare" stuff. Even if it sounds bragging, but for beta stuff, I have connections that you can only dream of.
InsaneNutter wrote:As you keep pointing out you were able to fix some of the Jazz 3D beta, why not give someone the chance to fix some of this beta and make it playable?
No one can make 20 megs of compressed data reappear out of nothing. The few maps that can be loaded crash after you reach certain points in the level, and without another beta from which you could take the missing data, there's no way to fix it. If you think you can take the data from the retail version, forget it. The format changed and the retail data isn't compatible.
Evan wrote:If he can't take the heat get out of the... uh.. forum
People who can't accept a 'no' should get out of the forum and of the internet. But don't worry. Since I know now that this is more of a warez community than a place for true beta lovers, I won't come back. Not that I was an active member anyway. I know better places to spend my time.

Sorry for the longish post... it's my last one after all.
Good. The internet is serious business after all. The time you took to write all that up is laughable. You came to a site where everyone expects things for free because we all share what we find. If you want to be like how you are now, please join this forum here and have a nice day.

Evan wrote:If he can't take the heat get out of the... uh.. forum
I was refering not to you saying no, but to how you've reacted after some people on a forum you say you don't care about after being told of a new beta. I see you've opted to leave, so you've taken my advice anyway.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

Beta Freak
FTP Access
Posts: 786
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:05 am

Post by Beta Freak »

Topic locked. This need go no further.

Locked