BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 2h, 33m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 2122MB of 4121MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Half-life 2 beta (2 versions)        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:05 pm 
EDIT: There WAS links to 2 versions of the Half-life 2 betas here, but thanks to the childish flaming behaviour of Papillo, you can blame him why the link was removed by me.

Last edited by 99draiwil on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:28 pm 
Donator

also the leaked 'patch' doesn't do anythin, it is just the same files

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:32 pm 
Quote:
also the leaked 'patch' doesn't do anythin, it is just the same files

lol.

No, it is definitely NOT the same files. If you don't believe that, try installing the Russian release without the patch. Slight problem with huge numbers of missing models and textures, the patch is fairly considerable.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:12 pm 
Donator

must be different to the 'patch' that was leaked by anon around the same time as the beta was leaked

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:37 am 
This is making my head spin working this out..... this is how it was re-released-

1. 'Anon' copy leaked and released unpatched.
2. 'Centropy' and 'iND' copies released. no difference from Anon's except the name (trying to take the glory 8-) )
3. A patch is made with the seperate leaked materials, packaged with Anon's copy and thats the Russian release.
4. Patches made by Team GabeN, which is more recent. Apply that to the Russian and you have 'Rave's

:? :? :? :?
If theres more, tell me.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:14 pm 
FTP Access

there is an Anon patch, the only patch released by the anonymous leaker, it came with an nfo explaining some stuff about the leak. The russian leak is the most stable version besides the original anon version, there are other horrible versions that was modified by some people. You can download a lot of other patches maded by Bob00100 and the hl2b community, and also the original source code, the hl1 and hl2 vmf map packs, the complete cs and hl1 ports with the patches, and many other fixes like the Gabens one. Downloading this "raven" version is not the best option, you can download the gaben patches apart if you know where to look.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:47 pm 
Donator

and he also mentions in another nfo from one of the releases saying his patch doesn't do anything, so the 'russian' release wasn't patched by him. here is a picture of the nfo http://wiki.betaarchive.co.uk/images/6/63/Hl1Maps.jpg

more stuff on the wiki http://wiki.betaarchive.co.uk/index.php ... alf-Life_2

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm 
Quote:
Downloading this "raven" version is not the best option, you can download the gaben patches apart if you know where to look.

That would have exactly the same effect. Where the hell did you think of that? Apply a patch to a copy which you could download that already has it applied?

Quote:
and he also mentions in another nfo from one of the releases saying his patch doesn't do anything, so the 'russian' release wasn't patched by him. here is a picture of the nfo
Try NOT patching the file and you'll find out soon. You really can say whatever you want no matter how bullshitty.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:27 pm 
FTP Access

99draiwil wrote:
Quote:
Downloading this "raven" version is not the best option, you can download the gaben patches apart if you know where to look.

That would have exactly the same effect. Where the hell did you think of that? Apply a patch to a copy which you could download that already has it applied?

Quote:
and he also mentions in another nfo from one of the releases saying his patch doesn't do anything, so the 'russian' release wasn't patched by him. here is a picture of the nfo
Try NOT patching the file and you'll find out soon. You really can say whatever you want no matter how [censored].

relax bro, obviously it is not the same, ___ and i tried to explain the issue about the different versions and patches, but if you cant understand that, well, dont worry, be happy :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:14 pm 
Quote:
but if you cant understand that, well, dont worry, be happy

WOW, could you possibly be an even bigger patonizing [censored]?

You never offered to explain anything, I doubt you could, but 'dont worry, be happy', for noone cares what your opinion is.

Now go flame elsewhere.

Admin edit: Do NOT bypass the swear filter and stop being childish.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:43 pm 
FTP Access

woo nice attitude, you take very personal the forums on the internet, i wasnt even flaming you, but oh well. With your childish reaction you just deleted the links and answered with anger, here are the links to the beta:

Half-Life 2 Leak: http://www.hl-beta.spb.ru/anon.rar
Team GabeN Patches: http://sentinel3.com/Half.Life.2.Beta.All.Patch-GabeN.rar
Another recommended patch: http://hl-beta.spb.ru/files/tg/Patch-Jman-V2.zip

also the beta is in one of the site's private ftps, but dont worry, thanks anyway, the intention is what counts.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:16 pm 
Quote:

ROFLCAKES. It doesn't even work idiot.
You just copy+pasted that from someone elses age-old post. Try checking the link before posting to avoid humiliating yourself :D

And those patches bring it up to the level of the Russian release, nowhere near as good as Raves.

As for childish behaviour, im not going to quote you anymore.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Lupus Project
People I don't think this i very nice. We are suppose to help each other, respect each other.

Can any one, please, provide a working link for the leak?

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:26 pm 
My friend has downloaded this using torrents, but I dont have a link. I would like one too.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:38 am 
FTP Access

99draiwil wrote:
Quote:

ROFLCAKES. It doesn't even work idiot.
You just copy+pasted that from someone elses age-old post. Try checking the link before posting to avoid humiliating yourself :D

And those patches bring it up to the level of the Russian release, nowhere near as good as Raves.

As for childish behaviour, im not going to quote you anymore.

It worked two days ago.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am 
Donator

My gosh, this topic is getting too out of hand. All you have to do to get the beta is make 10 contributing posts. Its on SP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm 
FTP Access

thenico wrote:
It worked two days ago.

exactly, it was tested and worked, the page and the server got an upgrade, so now it is up again. You can visit the new hl2beta-related page here: http://hl-beta.spb.ru/ . This is about sharing and helping the other members, and not about acting so immature as 99draiwil.

marxo wrote:
Can any one, please, provide a working link for the leak?

the new download link is this: http://www.hl-beta.spb.ru/files/Half.Life.2.Beta.rar
The so called "Raves" version is a nothing special release, so this will work great with any of the patches mentioned before and other community patches around the internet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Is this your site? The design looks nice but I can't read nothing :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:55 pm 
Quote:
the new download link is this: http://www.hl-beta.spb.ru/files/Half.Life.2.Beta.rar
The so called "Raves" version is a nothing special release, so this will work great with any of the patches mentioned before and other community patches around the internet.

ROFLcakes have been served again

First, you give a broken link, THEN you give a link to an inferior version that doesn't even work as well as Anon's, great work, you truely are uselss. You try to retaliate because of your sad behaviour, and it fails. Saying 'Raves' version is 'nothing special' just about proves to me, that you havn't the slightest what you are talking about. lol again... 'nothing special'

keep trying
:D :D :D

PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:01 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
99draiwil, stop being childish please. Its only a link.

As for this topic, its been locked to prevent more flaming.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]