BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 4h, 53m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 2231MB of 3803MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:05 pm 
FTP Access

Diablo is one of the Blizzard's greatest hits and one of the best classic PC games in history. It was developed through many stages since early 1996 in its first Alpha, and it evolved until (in this order) an Alpha 4 version, a Pre-Release demo very similar to its Alpha 3 stage, that was supposed to be only a single-player, and the Beta version of the game used to test their new Battle.net network at that time. These are the files:

Diablo Alpha4 v4.1.8: http://blizzard-evolution.com/Diablo%20Alpha4.msi
Diablo Pre-Release Demo: http://diablo.judgehype.com/telechargements/diablo-demo-prerelease.exe
Diablo Battle.net Beta: http://www.blizzard-evolution.com/Diablo-Beta.iso
Modified .exe for the prdemo and the beta: http://www.diablo-evolution.com/files/prexe.rar

Enjoy :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:55 pm 
Donator

thanks for the links ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Thank you for that. I will download and try it soon ;)

papillo wrote:
Modified .exe for the prdemo and the beta: http://www.diablo-evolution.com/files/prexe.rar

What it does? Is it like crack or something like fakedata for Doom Press Beta?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:26 am 

Thank you. It`s cool game ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:54 am 
Donator

From what I remember, the demo pinned you to the first "act" or something. There was a patch to let you play the whole game, but the further you got, the more constant the crashing would occur. By the time you got to the firey hell, a few steps would crash everything....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:01 pm 

Note that the Alpha 4 is actually a hack, it's not the real Alpha 4 of Diablo. (one reason why you should never blindly hotlink to files from other websites)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:27 pm 
FTP Access

pcGTW_Webmaster wrote:
Note that the Alpha 4 is actually a hack, it's not the real Alpha 4 of Diablo. (one reason why you should never blindly hotlink to files from other websites)

rofl that is not a "hack" :D :D is the prerelease demo beta with many extras and some changes, so its still a beta, its worth the download :wink: (thats the problem when you post "blindly" without knowing what you are talking about :wink: )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:11 pm 

Quote:
thats the problem when you post "blindly" without knowing what you are talking about

Be careful with your words, mate. I've read all your posts and all you posted were hotlinks to other peoples files, stealing their bandwidth and not giving any additional information. That's what only lamers do to gain reputation, but you don't want to act like a lamer, do you? :roll: The least one can do is to link to a website's download page instead, so that people know what they are about to download.

Anyway, let's stay on topic: First, there never was an Alpha 4 of Diablo. So, what would you call a hack? If someone takes the official pre-release demo, hacks it and changes/adds things that weren't supposed to be there by Blizzard, and call that "Alpha 4", don't you call that a hack? You would be quite alone with that opinion.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:39 pm 
Donator

can you link us to this information/website, so we are blind?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm 

http://forum.diablo-evolution.com

Their forums has a whole section dedicated to it...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:15 am 
FTP Access

you dont even know the difference between "mod" and "hack", poor boy, but dont worry, the internet is a good place to learn that kind of stuff :wink: , and yes, the forum have a section for the prerelease mod, so you can check the changelog there. Most of the links we provide are from rapidshare or very old webpages. pcGTW_Webmaster, do you want to visit the page for the diablo beta? just see the link, it says "http://www.diablo-evolution.com/...", copy, paste and see, its not that difficult. Seeya :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 / Symbian OS 7 S80
Yes the alpha 4 is the modified PR demo exe.
They have just removed the lock to lvl2 added all missing moster graphics and replaced the item graphic set with the one is used by the Diablo Beta. it was a lot of work as far as i know.
the PR demo is a LOCKED ALPHA version from blizzard. the code is as complete as it was finished at this date (march 96, i think). The Diablo-evolution team did remove the lock. so it is nearly a "official" alpha. and it's really great. enjoy.
The alpha 4 is down, but mystery already reuped it and linked it in the forum, just search. the only thing what is missing is the beta.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
XP SP3
Anyone able to find this beta or have it and able to re-upload? I reached this website via the forums previously mentioned in this thread and was looking forward to taking a look at it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Xp Sp3
Bobnewhart wrote:
Anyone able to find this beta or have it and able to re-upload? I reached this website via the forums previously mentioned in this thread and was looking forward to taking a look at it.
I specially made Repak of the original image of the Beta. Instead of 651 MB is now 219 MB. I achieved this by deleting from the DIABDAT.MPQ duplicated (2-3 times) of the game resources, such as movies, sounds and graphics. Sorry for my English... :mrgreen:
http://hotfile.com/dl/27860906/959b916/ ... A.iso.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
XP SP3
So, just to confirm, you just deleted duplicated files and not extra content(or unused content) from the diabdat.mpq? I appreciate the effort and upload.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Xp Sp3
Bobnewhart wrote:
So, just to confirm, you just deleted duplicated files and not extra content(or unused content) from the diabdat.mpq? I appreciate the effort and upload.
Yes, I just deleted duplicated files only. Extra content and unused content I did't touch!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:50 pm 
nice work done about that, and thank you ;)

PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
Diablo Battle.net Beta link not work.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm 

Does anyone happen to have a public link for the Diablo-Beta.iso?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:17 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac System 7
eviltwigflipper wrote:
Does anyone happen to have a public link for the Diablo-Beta.iso?

Your best bet would be to e-mail mystery@diablo-evolution.com (if he even checks his e-mail anymore). But as I remember, the unaltered beta isn't playable.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Can someone upload it to Megaupload?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win98SE-lite
Yes I still check my email every once in a while, but it's getting swamped with spam and spambot registrations from the diablo evolution forums.

The beta iso should be on the archive server, since I don't have the webspace or bandwidth to host it myself anymore and the original host vanished.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac System 7
Mystery wrote:
Yes I still check my email every once in a while, but it's getting swamped with spam and spambot registrations from the diablo evolution forums.

The beta iso should be on the archive server, since I don't have the webspace or bandwidth to host it myself anymore and the original host vanished.

Whatever happened to Blizzard Evolution? It just seemed like one day, it vanished. Not to mention the Diablo Evolution forum is dead. :/ If I can get a copy of the beta ISO, I can host it for people who don't have FTP access (myself included).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Diablo Alphas and Betas        Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:37 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win98SE-lite
I don't know what happened to Blizzard Evolution, it wasn't my project ;)

Diablo Evolution is more or less stopped because it was originally planned to merge the content of the website and the forum with the new Blizzard Evolution portal, which somehow never really happened. Another reason is, that I don't really have the time to maintain the website by myself, but maybe I'll start making updates every once in a while again, since the Blizzard Evolution thing doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ