BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 8h, 38m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 2096MB of 3635MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Wolfenstein 3D Alpha        Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:35 pm 
FTP Access

This is an Alpha version for the grandaddy of FPS, Wolfenstein 3D, a month before the official release.

wolf1v.zip : http://www.apogeegames.com/files/wolf1v.zip

"A few weeks before the shareware version of Wolf3D was officially released, a beta version was floating around. Mostly minor map/art differences in this version. A note, the EXE has been modified a few times with new readmes."

Enjoy :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:14 pm 
Donator

i have had this one for a while now. i believe it is a fake, wolf3d is very easy to edit. why would someone edit the readmes rather than just put a text file in there?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:50 pm 
FTP Access

yeah it can be a fake, but it was uploaded by Lon Matero, a very old and well known fan of Apogee (later named as 3D Realms). Apogee was the publisher for id Software in that time, and he have like a very close relation with many people at 3D Realms, so maybe he can have or could had access to some material. There is a possibility that this is some mod, but it cames from a reliable source.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:34 pm 
Donator

i still believe it is fake, i might look into the files a bit more

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]