BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 20h, 41m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 2943MB of 8095MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:53 am 
FTP Access

These are the win32 version of the beta for Quake 3 in the months before the release of the game in 1999, called Q3Test, starting from the version 1.05:

q3test_1_05.exe: http://files.filefront.com/q3test+1+05/;797680;;/fileinfo.html
q3test_1_06.exe: http://files.filefront.com/q3test+1+06/;797682;;/fileinfo.html
q3test_1_06-07.exe: http://files.filefront.com/q3test+1+06+07/;797679;;/fileinfo.html
q3test_win32_1_08.exe: http://files.filefront.com/q3test+win32+1+08/;797681;;/fileinfo.html

A bit of history from Wikipedia:
"After the IHV fiasco id Software released a beta of Quake III called Q3Test on April 24, 1999. Q3Test started with version 1.05. It included three levels that would be included in the final release: dm7, dm17, and q3tourney2. They continued to update Q3Test up until 1.11.

Initially in Q3Test commands were not prefixed by a '/'. If a command was entered incorrectly as a typo or invalid command, it would display as chat text for everyone to see the error. This caused a problem if a server administrator was in a game and typing in the server password. If he messed up everyone could see the password and take control of the server. Adding a '/' before typing a command ensured the commands stayed private.

For a period of time in the final release of the game the gauntlet could be used to instantly kill someone by firing the gauntlet and pulling up the chat dialog box. If anyone touched you they died instantly."

i will try to find the leaked version from ATI, meanwhile enjoy this downloads :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 am 
FTP Access

Hi guys! long time without posting (sorry for the bump), but it is a good time to share something. A user here asked me about the IHV Q3, and well I totally forgot about posting this, so here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/1957390/1bd6c226/Q3IHV.html

To make this work just rename or delete the files opengl32.dll and GLU32.dll. I will upload it to the BA ftp, and also other betas that are not in the forum as soon as i can. Seeya later!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:13 am 
Donator

Thanks for sharing, papillo :D
What's other beta's you have?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Hmmm...These were all officially released by idsoftware at one time or another. Not to be bashing your release or anything, I definitely appreciate it. But try and find the internal harware vendor test version that was leaked. That'd be interesting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 am 
FTP Access

nookupeous wrote:
Hmmm...These were all officially released by idsoftware at one time or another. Not to be bashing your release or anything, I definitely appreciate it. But try and find the internal harware vendor test version that was leaked. That'd be interesting.

no problem man, the first post is the one with the public tests (yeah they are everywhere), and the second post IS the internal hardware vendor test that you mentioned.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
papillo wrote:
nookupeous wrote:

no problem man, the first post is the one with the public tests (yeah they are everywhere), and the second post IS the internal hardware vendor test that you mentioned.

My bad, I didn't even notice the 2nd post. But yeah, I've been wanting to check out the IHV test, thanks for finding it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
You should upload all items to the BA FTP.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Quake 3 Beta        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4066
Thanks for the IHV release! It's so unusual and fun, I'm really shocked by "quad damage" in pink :P
That's a pity I haven't managed to run a network game on this release. Anyone tried?

Top  Profile  ICQ