BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 10h, 33m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 5617MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
I hope you can get them released! The development of Unreal really interests me :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
UZI180
The Cutting Room Floor has a new article about a new? build

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
XP SP2
z180 wrote:

You mean this one?

http://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal/1997_Tech_Demo

According to the write-up, it's new.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:59 pm 

Favourite OS
OS X 10.7
LEOTCK wrote:
I'm trying to get the betas from a more official source btw, but it is unsure if it will go well. They exist though, I saw the directory tree at least.

Any news Leo?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:40 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP Build 2600
Ziron wrote:
z180 wrote:

You mean this one?

http://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal/1997_Tech_Demo

According to the write-up, it's new.

I can confirm that a tech demo dating from 1997 has indeed been leaked, but certain people (ie. Mark Rein himself) have made it clear that they are not happy about this. This Tech Demo has therefore not been (And shall not be) shared to any other people aside from Leo, myself and a couple of other trusted people.

There is nothing interesting about this beta, since almost all functionality was cut out after it was compiled. Everything you read in that article is everything that has been (And probably will be) found.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 am 

Favourite OS
OS X 10.7
I'm not that interested in the 1997 tech demo as I am a version where we could see more crypt textures in action, and perhaps the old version of the Brute.
Furthermore, seeing these levels here, would be perhaps the most important thing:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
is this 97 tech demo still so restricted? just asking because I found it on the web accidentally, while browsing some sites. I won't share links until it's confirmed, that it's free to go, but that's usually how it goes... just like our case with stalker builds :/ you can't trust anyone, cause you give it to your best friend, who gives it to his best friend, who gives it to his best best friends... and it's already leaked :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
<3 Windows 10 <3
loxotron, send it us for open review.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
Could you tell us what the file size is?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 pm 
FTP Access

if is the 1997 beta that was leaked in 1998, its a pretty commom beta.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
not the 97-98 beta, its the early 97 beta, which was presentated on the wiki site a few weeks ago, and it has 2 maps, which only show us monsters. actually according to the upload date, it was already "leaked" in 1st of May on some sites, I just found it last night. It really has that 2 levels, one has all monsters, nothing special though. Im trying to launch the editor now, downloaded all missing files, and added the rest from the late 97 build, so it should work too, maybe we can port more maps to it...

link for the dl: http://www.multiupload.com/24ZIJGDE49

for source, check http://3dshooterlegends.6x.to/ and search for unreal, there you will find who uploaded it, and so on. sorry to those, who wanted to keep it secret, sooner or later everything leaks... just as I wrote in my previous post.

edit: managed to launch the unrealed in this build, with a little search :) took me 30 min to finally make a simple stair object with texture on it :s but at least it works in game

Last edited by dezodor on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
UZI180
The 1996 build is still not uploaded.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
<3 Windows 10 <3
Rehosted because links on multiupload die: https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=65b4d ... 5CD82A!422

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
XP SP2
loxotron wrote:
not the 97-98 beta, its the early 97 beta, which was presentated on the wiki site a few weeks ago, and it has 2 maps, which only show us monsters. actually according to the upload date, it was already "leaked" in 1st of May on some sites, I just found it last night. It really has that 2 levels, one has all monsters, nothing special though. Im trying to launch the editor now, downloaded all missing files, and added the rest from the late 97 build, so it should work too, maybe we can port more maps to it...

link for the dl: http://www.multiupload.com/24ZIJGDE49

for source, check http://3dshooterlegends.6x.to/ and search for unreal, there you will find who uploaded it, and so on. sorry to those, who wanted to keep it secret, sooner or later everything leaks... just as I wrote in my previous post.

edit: managed to launch the unrealed in this build, with a little search :) took me 30 min to finally make a simple stair object with texture on it :s but at least it works in game

afklsdfjsdklfjsdkl that wasn't supposed to be leaked to the general public. Mark Rein was really not happy that tech demo was leaked in the first place, and he is gonna be PISSED once he's seen that somebody uploaded it to a public site. "lol everything is leaked XD" doesn't mean you should uploaded something as soon as you find it.

EDIT: Oh [censored] me, Delocroix leaked it? [censored]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Ubuntu
Thanks loxotron! Cookie for you :D
I can't seem to get UnrealEd to start up myself, how did you get it working?

Edit:
Aha nevermind!

Edit:
Okay I still need help.

Edit:
NEVERMIND.

Edit:
I KEEP ON GETTING A RUNTIME ERROR
I had assumed the ucx file had to be structured somewhat like this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5324043/Unreal.ucx.txt
but maybe I'm doing it wrong :$

Edit:
Tried this http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/rare/hackucx.rar
Got me a little further but then it crashed again only this time with runtime error '70'

Also I heard that there was also a design document leaked too. Is this still available somewhere?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:55 am 
FTP Access

I remember this site, i created topics of some leaked lost beta that i found for download in this site.

Ziron, Delacroix its an old release group, its possible that they leaked those betas originally back in 1997.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
Ziron wrote:
doesn't mean you should uploaded something as soon as you find it.

EDIT: Oh [censored] me, Delocroix leaked it? [censored]

I haven't uploaded anything, just linked the download site + all download links, which were on that site :) But the thing I said is true, and I guess my example is pretty much describes it :) Otherwise you wouldn't see ca. 100 stalker builds on the net :) You should all understand, that these old assemblies have no value at all, they are totally useless to every companies, they are just ashamed if something leaks. World will be much better, if people will realize this, and won't sell builds for money on the net, just simply share it to be part of the history. EOT :)

---------------------------------

hogsy wrote:

Also I heard that there was also a design document leaked too. Is this still available somewhere?

I can upload my version tomorrow, I just downloaded all missing ocx-es, plus that ucx file as well, which you linked too + copied the textures from the late 97 beta, and it runs fine, ah I copied the unrealED to the system folder, with all files, but I don't think it matters. I could make a map, build it, and then load it in game, and it worked fine... but it's damn hard to make any maps, I wonder how much time these guys needed to make such maps for u1 :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
Whether a beta contains anything new or not, the fact that it is a :beta: remains. Thanks Loxotron :cool:
Also, I found a dead link here: http://sites.google.com/site/richardmoust/files which once hosted a file called unreal97 with a size of 55 mb. Does anyone know what it was?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
Sounds interesting, maybe someone could email the guy to upload it again? It's too big for screenshot pack...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Arch Linux
loxotron wrote:
Sounds interesting, maybe someone could email the guy to upload it again? It's too big for screenshot pack...

Analysing the way he's described the other files, it looks like a 1997 version of Unreal.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
<3 Windows 10 <3
I talked to Victor Delacroix. The 55mb archive is Zora's conversion.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/4456863/zoraunreal97_zip
Requires http://www.laernu.com/unrealfiles/Textures/Flare.utx

The 1990 beta on that site is not related to Unreal at all, just shares title.

Also he provided a link to http://hyper.dnsalias.net/ , haven't checked it yet.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:57 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
Ah thanks, Looks like you posted it before me. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
<3 Windows 10 <3
Awooo, no. I talked to Delacroix because you found this site and we started discussing the 55mb archive.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MS-DOS
Yes, however I searched around for the file and found it on another page but hadn't yet written about it here. ^^

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Unreal 1 Development History        Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
I didn't want this one to be leaked like this and openly talked about, then again there is very little in this "tech demo", that I don't think it actually matters now. But realistically the only chance of ever releasing anything beta related again is only through a mod port, Epic's legal department is not even happy about that proposition, even with a signed NDA deal which would mean no leaking of original content strictly (or I would get sued or our team). I look for the betas primarily also because of the Unreal PSX port rework, because there were supposed to be maps of John Anderson which came from Unreal betas, cut content and the unique textures.

It's unfortunate because after all I beleive something like source code is much more vulnerable, than the beta stuff and yet they provided the source to many people and oldunreal even has the leaked beta content inside the patch. Now Smirftsch may claim that the models were supplied with the sources, that is true only in case with the translocator and hidden items, the pawns were never included within the sources nor the code etc (I can claim that because I have "accidentaly" seen the sources myself). So basically he added leaked beta content in a patch and got away with it. It is really unfair to the people when you think about it. That this community patch has beta content that wasn't in original game and yet Epic forbids handing over the betas itself, even for porting the content over for mod purposes. It makes no sense and makes me sick at stomach at how corporate they have became over the years.

But, if those older leaks will get to be found, those ones that were already leaked but forgotten, you can be sure that they will be put up for download by someone.

As for the UnrealED, the ucx must be in system directory, but remember that this is visual basic based stuff, so you have to have that stuff installed first to get it to work, but if normal unrealed1 from final unreal works for you then this should too.

Top  Profile
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next