HL2 Beta Content hosting

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
MotoXpro
FTP Access

Re: HL2 Beta Content hosting

Post by MotoXpro »

ScarT wrote:Half.life.2.beta.patch1-anon.tar is just a bunch of corrupt files that'll break every file it replaces. Nothing new in it at all.
Yep i know it's just cool to have, It also has a cool .nfo file with more writing by mr. Axel.

ScarT
FTP Access

Post by ScarT »

MotoXpro wrote:Yep i know it's just cool to have, It also has a cool .nfo file with more writing by mr. Axel.
You're better off just downloading the NFOs then. Axel Gembe is just a regular guy like you and me. He's nothing special, really.

Leon
Donator

Post by Leon »

ScarT wrote:
MotoXpro wrote:Yep i know it's just cool to have, It also has a cool .nfo file with more writing by mr. Axel.
You're better off just downloading the NFOs then. Axel Gembe is just a regular guy like you and me. He's nothing special, really.
I've never hacked into valves internal servers though

munky
FTP Access

Post by munky »

Whether "fake" or not, does anybody has "Team.Fortress.2.leaked.by.ANON.zip"? I just got an incomplete version
looking for ubisoft info leak (doc_ubisoft.rar)... if you know something about please contact me

ScarT
FTP Access

Post by ScarT »

There's no complete version available, seeing its just a fake.

munky
FTP Access

Post by munky »

I mean an "extractable" version of Team.Fortress.2.leaked.by.ANON.zip. I know that this release is unplayable. Thanks
looking for ubisoft info leak (doc_ubisoft.rar)... if you know something about please contact me

lucas93
FTP Access

Post by lucas93 »

It's not unplayable, it's a fake.
If it was a real leak it would still be available all over the internet just like anon-hl2.

munky
FTP Access

Post by munky »

models, maps,... are missing, therefore is this unplayable game uninteresting for the most people.
The archive exists, I got this:

(Thx @Chrissyx)

Unfortunately the eDonkey link was down before the download could be finished. So I'm looking for this

lucas93
FTP Access

Post by lucas93 »

Ok, assuming this is real, why would Valve use Steam to distribute internal betas of their games?
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep betas steam free?

And from the screenshots of the binaries, the folder structure seems wrong.
'Steam\Steamapps\erik@valve.com\tf2' should contain tf2.exe or hl2.exe, not the engine binaries. If anything, these should be located under 'Steam\Steamapps\erik@valve.com\tf2\bin'.

I'm not meaning to start a flame war. I'm just providing my reasons for this archive being a fake.

ScarT
FTP Access

Post by ScarT »

There's no need to reason here. I personally asked Axel Gembe if he ever leaked a copy of TF2, and he didn't.

hogsy
FTP Access

Post by hogsy »

So did he have more TF2 content?
Administrator @ TalonBrave.info; The Dedicated Video-Games Archive
Developer @ OldTimes Software

ScarT
FTP Access

Post by ScarT »

Yeah, he had some unreleased content. If I recall correctly he had a playable game too.

hogsy
FTP Access

Post by hogsy »

oooohh... *crys*

Edit:
A quick question then I guess. Why were there the two TF2 models in the Counter-Strike Source leak? Was it something he did like as a teaser to hint he would release tf2 content... or was it just Valve's mistake?

vash3k
FTP Access

Post by vash3k »

I don't know that there was any real intention or reason for having those characters in the CS leak. My bet would be that first off, making games is messy. It's entirely possible that things got put where they were at certain points simply for stability, testing, whatever. Second, despite whatever reason those models were left there, it seems likely that they were left there because they were already there.

Although, I have no idea in actuality. Just my best guess.

hogsy
FTP Access

Post by hogsy »

Mmm I guess Valve could have used them as placeholders while they got the Cstrike player models done... and then forgot to remove them.

munky
FTP Access

Post by munky »

Meanwhile I checked some files this TF2 archive contains and I have to admit, that it's a fake .