BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 13h, 19m | CPU: 57% | MEM: 5566MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Public apology (again)...        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
... this time, to both Namronia, and KenOath.

For Namronia, sorry for having doubted you, and having done crap about you. You noticed, that my Korean contacts were fakers, and frauds, a long time ago, already, but I, fool, didn't believe you. Well, now, that the Windows 1.00 pre-release Builds have been leaked to BETAArchive, it has finally been proven, that his Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release from December 1984, was a fake, I mean, he never leaked the Build itself, and he only leaked three screen-shots, and they were fake. I mean, honestly, the Alpha was released on January 1984, so to have a Final Beta Release on December 1984, Microsoft would have to have learned, how to time-travel.
So yeah, man, you noticed that a long time ago already, but I was a fool, and I didn't believe you. I also apologize to any other crap I did to you, so I hope you can forgive me.

As for KenOath, I apologize, that my enemies are doing crap against you, I don't know, who was the fake ConiKost, but believe me, as soon, as I find out, who it was, I'm going to severely deal with them. ;)

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:05 am 
Donator

Couldnt you just pm a apology to them? =D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:47 am 
Donator

Quote:
For Namronia, sorry for having doubted you, and having done crap about you. You noticed, that my Korean contacts were fakers, and frauds, a long time ago, already, but I, fool, didn't believe you.
It's good to know that you now trust Namronia.

Quote:
Well, now, that the Windows 1.00 pre-release Builds have been leaked to BETAArchive, it has finally been proven, that his Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release from December 1984, was a fake
Thankyou for this information

Quote:
I mean, he never leaked the Build itself, and he only leaked three screen-shots, and they were fake. I mean, honestly, the Alpha was released on January 1984, so to have a Final Beta Release on December 1984, Microsoft would have to have learned, how to time-travel.
So yeah, man, you noticed that a long time ago already, but I was a fool, and I didn't believe you.
I agree, sounds impossible; but isn't it a bit to late to be casting doubt on your own debut claims?

Quote:
I also apologize to any other crap I did to you, so I hope you can forgive me.
Although this would have been better in a PM, flashing this heartfelt apology to anyone who reads the thread is bound to help improve your e-rep.

Quote:
As for KenOath, I apologize, that my enemies are doing crap against you
I really don't think you are important enough to have *any* enemies, bar those who you have knowingly insulted from here.

I would have rather this have been an open apology, to a larger group of people. Since you posted this in a thread, you obviously want it to be seen by the rest of the forum. With a narrow scope, and essentially the following overview:

- Reminder that you've been in a similar situation before
- Abstract apology
- Refusing blame
- Telling people that what they had been told was false, and they would have to be illogical to believe it
- Abstract apology
- Rejection of allegations of harrasment of KenOath

As an apology, its a good start Obrasilo. I just hope people don't have the initial response of "e-rep much?".

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:12 am 
Donator

You know what makes this so funny? Everyones fighting and [censored] over unleaked unstable builds of Windows!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:01 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
I'll accept your appoligy (even though I was never involved fortunately). :wink:

But who was the fake "ConiKost"? You might want to send me a PM about who it was.

What I don't understand is why people fake builds and accounts. It doesn't make sense. I'm going to just keep posting the moral lesson, in the hope that whoever is doing this will stop, and see that such behavior isn't good for forums. You can NEVER get ANYTHING good in return from doing bad things. By doing bad things, chances are that you'll just get caught doing it, and then because of that of course, you're not going to get anything good in return. Why anyone would think that he could get something good in return from doing bad things is beyond me. 8-)

I agree with OBrasilo about the whole "Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release" thing that happened earlier this year. I already knew it was a fake when I downloaded (and looked at screenshots) the three Windows 1.00 Betas for the first time. It just didn't make sense to me, how the "Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release" screenshots which were from 1984 looked newer than the "Windows 1.00 DR5" or anything like that. I mean, when I tried the "Windows 1.00 Alpha" from early 1985, it just didn't make sense to me how the earlier "Final Beta Release" had the "About" dialog box and this build (which was "supposed" to be newer) didn't have one at all. I think OBrasilo was completely right about how that was fake.

Another thing is that these early builds (except for the Beta, which was the newest) all displayed things in Monochrome, and they had things that the fake "Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release" didn't have, such as various test applets used for the development of the product. Take a look at the "supposed" screenshots of the "Windows 1.00 Final Beta Release" and you can easily see that these three screenshots look nothing like the real beta builds.

But I don't understand why people fake things. Like I said, you can't get anything good in return from doing bad things, since you're just going to get caught, and if you do bad things like this, you'll also get what you deserve in return.

But anyway, I'm glad you appoligized to Namronia and KenOath. I agree that you might want to PM it to both of them, however I think that they're probably going to see this topic.

EDIT:
OBrasilo wrote:
I mean, honestly, the Alpha was released on January 1984
Actually, you mean January 1985. The Alpha was actually released on January 1985, not 1984. I just wanted to make sure no one got confused.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 pm 
Permanently Banned

WinPC wrote:
What I don't understand is why people fake builds and accounts. It doesn't make sense.

They failed Bantown University and feel this is the best trolls they can do. Epic lame.

Top  Profile