BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 11h, 56m | CPU: 69% | MEM: 5794MB of 10695MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Not an Advanced Member any more        Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
Have I been reprimanded for something, or has that happened because of the forum being hacked whenever it was? I tried to sign in to the FTP server, and the password's been changed, so I came here to find the new password, and I've lost my Advanced Member status. Can't read any of the AM topics.

Can anything be done? Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
You lost the status because an anonymous tip off told me your account was having hack attempts on it. As a security precaution I removed your advanced members status, as I also did for Chicago. If you can assure me you have changed your password to something very secure (capital letters, numbers and symbols) I will allow you back into the group. It causes too many problems when accounts are hacked, as you have seen this evening, so I wanted to avoid any more problems.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
I just missed this hacking :|, Bender shouldnt have hacked BA...He is kind of iffy with BA last time I talked to him :p, Is Bender still banned? or what damages? etc. etc.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 am 
Staff

WildEye001 wrote:
I just missed this hacking :|, Bender shouldnt have hacked BA...He is kind of iffy with BA last time I talked to him :p, Is Bender still banned? or what damages? etc. etc.

Do you have info there?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 am 
Donator

Beta Freak wrote:
WildEye001 wrote:

Do you have info there?

WildEye tried (and failed miserably) to get legit Vista keys out of him. WildEye also lies alot for an 11 year old. So I doubt it.

I probably would have got a message from Bender on MSN but my computer was off because something is wrong with it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:37 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
happy dude wrote:
Beta Freak wrote:
WildEye001 wrote:

Do you have info there?

WildEye tried (and failed miserably) to get legit Vista keys out of him. WildEye also lies alot for an 11 year old. So I doubt it. - Go cry, emo kid.

I probably would have got a message from Bender on MSN but my computer was off because something is wrong with it. - pwnt

Happy Dude, stfu. I talk to him on AIM, He told me to stay out of this, so...yes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:43 am 
Staff

Everybody stfu. Keep on topic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 am 
Donator

So yeah, from what Bender has told me, it wasn't him, it was someone else due to his poor password and now he's waiting for Andy to come back online to talk to him and unban him.

Wildeye - ooh, you're tough.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
god i hate when this happens

and on my favorite forum

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:11 am 
Donator

Let's stay on topic.
marktuson, you'll need to get a new, and very strong password to be safe.
This site is pretty good for generating secure passwords
There pretty hard to remember, but once you memorise one, you can use it for all of your accounts.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 am 
Donator

Beta Freak: Do NOT tell me to "shut the [censored] up" in acronyms, l33tspeak or any other form ever again.

I concur with happy dude, the allegations against Bender are absurd, I hope and fully expect him to be restored asap.

jabster: That's not a good idea, some forums such as out of date phpbb software is vulnerable to password hacking, which potentially could expose said master password.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:46 am 
Donator

ChasingVertigo wrote:
Beta Freak: Do NOT tell me to "shut the [censored] up" in acronyms, l33tspeak or any other form ever again.

I concur with happy dude, the allegations against Bender are absurd, I hope and fully expect him to be restored asap.

jabster: That's not a good idea, some forums such as out of date phpbb software is vulnerable to password hacking, which potentially could expose said master password.

True, but the risk of that happening is no greater than the risk of you forgetting the password to somthing because you have waay to many. I generally like to divide my accounts into different categorys for example, if someone figured my BA password, they would only have access to my Joejoe.org & Youtube acount.
On the topic of Bender, I too agree, what would he gain by vandalising BA, the idea is just absurd.
The sooner he is allowed back, the better.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:57 am 
Donator

On that topic I woke up a few weeks ago and could not remember one of my main passwords, and had to spend the morning recreating them.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:59 am 
Donator

Passwords eh?
Gotta Love 'em, Gotta Hate 'em

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:37 am 
FTP Access

jabster wrote:
Passwords eh?

Biometrics is the solution!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:47 am 
Donator

logicaL wrote:
jabster wrote:
Passwords eh?

Biometrics is the solution!

Lol, I really don't think theres a way to make phpbb support Biometrics

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:55 am 
Donator

We should start counting the hacking attempts as we seem to be getting a flurry of them.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:50 am 
Donator

mdogg wrote:
We should start counting the hacking attempts as we seem to be getting a flurry of them.

3 in a year?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Not an Advanced Member any more        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:23 pm 
Donator

Sorry, I know this is offtopic, but Marktuson, in your sig there is bbcode, but it's a little hinky. You might want to change the URL to lower case, and remove the "", so instead of looking like this:

marktuson's sig wrote:
"George Formby? Never heard of him!"

[url="http://www.myspace.com/marktuson/"]MySpace[/url]

Member of George Formby Society.
Owner and Administrator of [url="http://www.the-resonator.co.uk/"]"The Resonator"[/url].
Proud owner of my own Linux Box (Registered User #463237)
(Major-)General Nutcase.

It look's like this:

"George Formby? Never heard of him!"
MySpace
Member of George Formby Society.
Owner and Administrator of "The Resonator".
Proud owner of my own Linux Box (Registered User #463237)
(Major-)General Nutcase.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:34 pm 
FTP Access

ChasingVertigo wrote:

I don't think he was talking to you but more to the other two who were bickering yet again and telling each other to "stfu" - we know by now that Happy Dude and WildEye seem to hate each other, and no-one else here is interested in this in the slightest. The constant flaming of each other is getting rather annoying, could we perhaps say that if it happens yet again they will both be banned?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm 
Donator

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
ChasingVertigo wrote:

I don't think he was talking to you but more to the other two who were bickering yet again and telling each other to "stfu" - we know by now that Happy Dude and WildEye seem to hate each other, and no-one else here is interested in this in the slightest. The constant flaming of each other is getting rather annoying, could we perhaps say that if it happens yet again they will both be banned?

Sure, of course we hate each other. But there are plenty of others who hate WildEye, including Bender.
I have people telling me on MSN how annoying he is (and partially my fighting too), but I'm not going to name them.

ADD: if you had an 11 year old trying to give you and other people a bad name, I'm sure you wouldnt idle and pass it off.

Last edited by happy dude on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:48 pm 
FTP Access

Hating him is fine, but Bender and others don't constantly post stuff all over the forums to flame him and annoy/bore everyone else - it's unnecessary, if you want to do it then please do it in private where only WildEye needs to see it, nobody else is interested in your squabbles with him. Let this be the end of it please.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:53 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
um, Moderators, can this topic be locked to prevent more flaming? 8-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:26 pm 
FTP Access

I've told you both to stop flaming each other so it shouldn't be necessary - any more flaming here and the person responsible should be banned.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
My password was a secure one anyway, and I changed it last time there was a hack attempt on the site...

It was a chemical formula (that for caffiene, to be exact), which I thought would have been pretty difficult to guess.

I have just changed it using that site, so it should do. OK?

:)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next