BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 1h, 5m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 1769MB of 3129MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Andy        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:24 pm 
Donator

Stop threatening to ban everyone and locking the topics, or everyone will be banned.

Locked.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:41 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
This is a terrible joke.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:05 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
They are locked to prevent flame wars. It is a rule that flame wars are not allowed. I am the Admin, I will lock what I like and when I like. Deal with it. End of.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:07 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Andy wrote:
They are locked to prevent flame wars. It is a rule that flame wars are not allowed. I am the Admin, I will lock what I like and when I like. Deal with it. End of.

Well said!

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Andy        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm 
Administrator

RentedMule wrote:
Stop threatening to ban everyone and locking the topics, or everyone will be banned.

Locked.

I think you need to look into the reasons of why some topics are banned, and why some members may (or may not) be banned from the forum. The forum runs within a certain set of guidelines Andy has set up, and him being the admin and owner has the right to set these as he may want. He has also the right to enforce these rights as he may see fit. If a topic is locked it's because it crossed some of these guidelines, and it was locked to prevent any damage made to the forum community.

I would also suggest you don't act so forcefully when it comes to these matters. If you got an issue with the current rules please take it up with the owner or admin (Andy directly in this case). He will listen if it's presented in a mature way. The way you did it will only create more aggrevation and discomfort for everyone.

If a member gets banned it's for a valid reason, not because Andy wants some fun. It doesn't work that way. Just take it easy and enjoy the forum and beta community :).

Listings: Online :: Offline
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 pm 
Donator

Heh. I understand every situation that it has happened. It just happens so often and follows the same template, I pretty much laugh out loud every time I see it. Almost becoming a board meme.

Let's not become gestapo here and be afraid every time there is something to say. I understand the tone that is trying to be preserved. I also find it funny that you guys don't.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:02 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
RentedMule wrote:
Heh. I understand every situation that it has happened. It just happens so often and follows the same template, I pretty much laugh out loud every time I see it. Almost becoming a board meme.

Let's not become gestapo here and be afraid every time there is something to say. I understand the tone that is trying to be preserved. I also find it funny that you guys don't.

Well if people didn't start flame wars, or add to them, it wouldn't happen. I agree there is only a minority of people who start or contribute to them. Thats up to them though. If they break the rules, they have to face the consequences. Everyone else can just sit back and laugh at how stupid they look doing it.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Relaxing the rules on flamewars would be a good idea if people didn't get all butthurt and leave every time someone called them stupid.

The nature of the internet is to flame.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
longview wrote:
Relaxing the rules on flamewars would be a good idea if people didn't get all butthurt and leave every time someone called them stupid.

Amen.

It just seems that anyone that creates threads with "zomg im leaving goodbye" is just trying to get attention.

Its also hilarious when people threaten to leave because of some stupid things that happen somewhere else. FFS its the internet, not real life. Nobody cares if your going to leave.

My 2 cents.

Top  Profile