BetaArchive
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/

Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40277
Page 1 of 1

Author:  nherman87 [ Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

I've been trying to upload a build of Windows to the upload FTP server so I can gain access to the main one. (There are some Windows builds I'd like to download from there.) Problem is, I got disconnected from the upload FTP while the file was uploading. I have very slow upload speed (about 100 Kbs) so it would've taken about nine hours to upload. Here's part of the log for more information:

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Nathan\Downloads\10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Status: Server did not properly shut down TLS connection
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server
Command: CWD /Etcetera/nherman87
Response: 250 CWD command successful. "/Etcetera/nherman87" is current directory.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/Etcetera/nherman87" is current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,4,2)
Command: STOR 10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Response: 150 Data connection accepted from 50.40.205.74:57503; transfer starting for /Etcetera/nherman87/10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: File transfer failed after transferring 25,444,352 bytes in 246 seconds
Status: Disconnected from server
Status: Resolving address of releases.betaarchive.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Disconnected from server
Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status: Resolving address of releases.betaarchive.com
Status: Connecting to 94.130.67.140:50000...
Status: Connection established, initializing TLS...
Status: Verifying certificate...
Status: TLS connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Logged in
Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Nathan\Downloads\10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/Etcetera/nherman87"...
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I.
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,4,20)
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Data connection accepted from 50.40.205.74:57734; transfer starting.
Response: 226 Directory Listing Transfe
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (94,130,67,140,3,254)
Command: STOR 10.0.18975.1000.rs_prerelease.190830-1502_amd64fre_client-professional_oem-retail_en-us.7z
Response: 550 Cannot STOR. No permission.
Error: Critical file transfer error
Status: Disconnected from server

Any help would be appreciated.

Author:  ComputerHunter [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Use RAR file next time.

Author:  MCpillager12 [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

7z is also supported.

Author:  JonathonWyble [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

What would file formats have to do with disconnection from the FTP server? Maybe it's the fact that you're trying to upload a very large file? If so, then yes, you should archive your file in the .rar or .7z format before you upload it to the FTP.

Author:  MCpillager12 [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

He already archived it as 7z

Author:  AlphaBeta [ Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Apparently your connection is not good enough to keep the upload going. Try to upload the file to MEGA or other file host and send mrpijey a link. Don't waste your time and bandwidth uploading Windows 10 Insider Preview builds, since these are uploaded to the FTP automatically as soon as they are released, not to mention that beta builds are not eligible for FTP access applications anyway.

Author:  MCpillager12 [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

The problem has been solved, because 18975 (x64) has been uploaded.

Author:  mrpijey [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.

Author:  pittical [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Or simply have rar or 7z split the archive into, say, 50mb chunks and you'll only have to reupload any failed ones. Just like in the good old unstable-modem-connection- and servers-not-supporting-resume-days.

Though Mega etc have the advantage of being available to non FTP users too, which is nice.

Author:  nherman87 [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

mrpijey wrote:
The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.


That would work. I'm trying to upload something to get access to the FTP server so I can download the two Windows builds from rs_xbox. If Windows Insider builds don't get FTP access, what does that I can easily obtain?

Author:  ComputerHunter [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.

Author:  nherman87 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Okay. Looks like I will either upload to another website (once I find something to upload) and give mrpijey a link or I'll upload files at my friend's house. Thanks for the help!

Author:  x010 [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

ComputerHunter wrote:
Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.

Definitely not anything.
nherman87 wrote:
mrpijey wrote:
The problem was not solved, the build has already been uploaded by me. There are no permission problems with uploading 7z files, but if you have issues uploading you can either use a third party uploading service (Mega etc) or get in touch with me directly and we can discuss other alternatives.


That would work. I'm trying to upload something to get access to the FTP server so I can download the two Windows builds from rs_xbox. If Windows Insider builds don't get FTP access, what does that I can easily obtain?

Please see viewtopic.php?p=431802#p431802. It could be something that you (luckily) have that we don't.

Author:  ComputerHunter [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Definitely not anything.
ComputerHunter wrote:
Anything on a physical floppy disk or CD you buy.

Author:  Overdoze [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Not sure why the "you buy" part is emphasized here. The requirements speak of types of content that is acceptable, not how it was obtained.

Author:  ComputerHunter [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?

Author:  DanielOosterhuis [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

ComputerHunter wrote:
Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?

Compilations, and shareware come to mind.

Author:  ATeamInc [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

DanielOosterhuis wrote:
ComputerHunter wrote:
Everything software you buy through normal means are retail ones and if they were sold on physical media, they will be accepted. Can you think of something you buy (distributed on physical media) that won't be accepted (except for the few on the blacklist)?

Compilations, and shareware come to mind.

And warez... You can buy warez CDs and at least in my country, they're a lot more common then legitimate software CDs.

Author:  mrpijey [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Disconnected From the Upload FTP Server

You're all going vastly offtopic. Original topic has been discussed and solved.

Locked.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/