BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 16d, 18h, 30m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5473MB of 11993MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:51 am 
FTP Access

I think it would be good to make it looks something like this. It will be continent for some people.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 am 
Donator

Andy is pretty reluctant when it comes to modding phpBB, so I don't think this is ever happening. I wonder what benefit would filtering have over the search feature or browsing the pages.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:17 am 
FTP Access

It will make thing easier when you only want to see offers or requests.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:46 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
This is why we ask people to label their topic [OFFER] or [REQUEST], then you can do CTRL + F or you can use the forum search feature to search for these labels.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:54 am 
FTP Access

Isn't it easier if you could filter out all the other stuff you don't want? When you are in search mode, it doesn't look nice and it has all the highlighting. You also have to put in all the parameters for the search to give you the same results.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:58 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Unfortunately we can't cater for everyone and modifying the forum is not something we want to do. The search feature is more than capable of searching for what you're looking for if used properly. If you don't like the highlighting then you can take the highlighting part out of the URL when you're on the page to turn it off.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:50 pm 
FTP Access

That is very inconvenient, you know. I know how to use the search function but you have to put in so many parameters and too many extra steps.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
I fail to see how being able to select between offers and requests would make that any easier for you.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All Windows versions
That does seem like a good idea, but I don't think this forum software (phpBB) really has the option to configure with that kind of feature.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:34 pm 
Donator

JonathonWyble wrote:
That does seem like a good idea, but I don't think this forum software (phpBB) really has the option to configure with that kind of feature.

I am pretty sure that this is possible with mods, however, as I said, BetaArchive is pretty reluctant to using mods.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Offers and Request Forum Display Options        Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
If it will be a real idea, it will be added! :)

Selected quote:
Caveria wrote:
I found BetaArchive, because I tried to get beta versions of Windows.

1 Year on BetaArchive!

Top  Profile  WWW