Games servers

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Gnome
Staff

Games servers

Post by Gnome »

Hi,
You know we have servers for betas, why not have a catagory for games servers, like SA-MP, might atract more people.
Please consider!

Namronia

Re: Games servers

Post by Namronia »

Toshua123 wrote:Hi,
You know we have servers for betas, why not have a catagory for games servers, like SA-MP, might atract more people.
Please consider!
i think were not a game forum, were a betaforum, so we dont need it i think

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

No.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

What Namronia and Happy Dude said...

logicaL
FTP Access

Post by logicaL »

If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

logicaL wrote:If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...
He's on about multi-player game servers for people to join and play. This is a beta site, not an online gaming site.

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

I agree with Andy. This is NOT a game website. When it was founded, it was a place where old members from OSBetaArchive were gathering, and the main point was to allow them to continue the beta scene. That's what BetaArchive was about. I don't see the point of having game servers here. I come here for disscusions about old OS's and not games, or even game betas, except that occasionally I talk about Abandonware games, and other abandonware stuff, but that's it. And this is mostly a Beta OS website. You could discuss games too, but the main point of BetaArchive is Beta Collecting.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

WinPC wrote:I agree with Andy. This is NOT a game website. When it was founded, it was a place where old members from OSBetaArchive were gathering, and the main point was to allow them to continue the beta scene. That's what BetaArchive was about. I don't see the point of having game servers here. I come here for disscusions about old OS's and not games, or even game betas, except that occasionally I talk about Abandonware games, and other abandonware stuff, but that's it. And this is mostly a Beta OS website. You could discuss games too, but the main point of BetaArchive is Beta Collecting.
Do we need a lecture on what the site is about? It's on the homepage

logicaL
FTP Access

Post by logicaL »

Andy wrote:
logicaL wrote:If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...
He's on about multi-player game servers for people to join and play. This is a beta site, not an online gaming site.
OK, I probably should have googled SA-MP to begin with.

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

Plus, if we set up game servers, that'll invite a whole heap of gamers. By gamers I mean, people who use computers for one reason: games (not gamers as in techies who play games). Quite a few of these people wouldn't be remotely interested in the latest leaked Whistler build, and will flood the place with unintelligent conversation and memes to the point where it becomes another 4chan. I'd like to see this stay as a community full of techies interested in one thing, OS betas.
</rant>
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

expert01
FTP Access

Post by expert01 »

I think the forum's become more about betas AND abandonware - including games. I think it would be fine to post a game server or two that has older games on it (original UT for instance, or some of the windows-98 star wars games).

In fact, I just bought a computer (super cheap) that I'm upgrading, and I'm going to try to build a new quad-core PC, leaving me with three desktops.4

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Some of my mates run beta game servers.
Stunting fun for example.
I'll get the link for his site and show you.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

expert01 wrote:I think the forum's become more about betas AND abandonware - including games. I think it would be fine to post a game server or two that has older games on it (original UT for instance, or some of the windows-98 star wars games).

In fact, I just bought a computer (super cheap) that I'm upgrading, and I'm going to try to build a new quad-core PC, leaving me with three desktops.4
Hmm I didnt think about it that way. I guess it could be considered, since official game servers for old games are shut down. So if BA needs game hosting (for these older, PM me and I can probably host a game or 2