BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 19h, 22m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 6453MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Games servers        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:28 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2638

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Hi,
You know we have servers for betas, why not have a catagory for games servers, like SA-MP, might atract more people.
Please consider!

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Games servers        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:34 pm 
Reply with quote
Toshua123 wrote:
Hi,
You know we have servers for betas, why not have a catagory for games servers, like SA-MP, might atract more people.
Please consider!


i think were not a game forum, were a betaforum, so we dont need it i think ;)


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:05 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
No.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:40 pm 
Reply with quote
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12459

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
What Namronia and Happy Dude said...

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:13 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Posts
303
If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 pm 
Reply with quote
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

Posts
12459

Location
Merseyside, United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
logicaL wrote:
If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...


He's on about multi-player game servers for people to join and play. This is a beta site, not an online gaming site.

_________________
Image

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Posts
3899

Location
Where do you want to go today?

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
I agree with Andy. This is NOT a game website. When it was founded, it was a place where old members from OSBetaArchive were gathering, and the main point was to allow them to continue the beta scene. That's what BetaArchive was about. I don't see the point of having game servers here. I come here for disscusions about old OS's and not games, or even game betas, except that occasionally I talk about Abandonware games, and other abandonware stuff, but that's it. And this is mostly a Beta OS website. You could discuss games too, but the main point of BetaArchive is Beta Collecting.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:40 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
WinPC wrote:
I agree with Andy. This is NOT a game website. When it was founded, it was a place where old members from OSBetaArchive were gathering, and the main point was to allow them to continue the beta scene. That's what BetaArchive was about. I don't see the point of having game servers here. I come here for disscusions about old OS's and not games, or even game betas, except that occasionally I talk about Abandonware games, and other abandonware stuff, but that's it. And this is mostly a Beta OS website. You could discuss games too, but the main point of BetaArchive is Beta Collecting.


Do we need a lecture on what the site is about? It's on the homepage 8-)


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:24 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Posts
303
Andy wrote:
logicaL wrote:
If I'm not mistaken one of the members here has a server with some games on it...


He's on about multi-player game servers for people to join and play. This is a beta site, not an online gaming site.

OK, I probably should have googled SA-MP to begin with. :|


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Posts
698

Location
Or-stray-liagh
Plus, if we set up game servers, that'll invite a whole heap of gamers. By gamers I mean, people who use computers for one reason: games (not gamers as in techies who play games). Quite a few of these people wouldn't be remotely interested in the latest leaked Whistler build, and will flood the place with unintelligent conversation and memes to the point where it becomes another 4chan. I'd like to see this stay as a community full of techies interested in one thing, OS betas.
</rant>

_________________
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Posts
352
I think the forum's become more about betas AND abandonware - including games. I think it would be fine to post a game server or two that has older games on it (original UT for instance, or some of the windows-98 star wars games).

In fact, I just bought a computer (super cheap) that I'm upgrading, and I'm going to try to build a new quad-core PC, leaving me with three desktops.4


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:17 am 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Posts
2638

Location
Land of The Tea.

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Some of my mates run beta game servers.
Stunting fun for example.
I'll get the link for his site and show you.

_________________
Image
| Personal site - Social links - PC setup | TF2 Game Servers |
Liking traps isn't gay, its not gay if it looks like a girl
I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:12 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts
2461
expert01 wrote:
I think the forum's become more about betas AND abandonware - including games. I think it would be fine to post a game server or two that has older games on it (original UT for instance, or some of the windows-98 star wars games).

In fact, I just bought a computer (super cheap) that I'm upgrading, and I'm going to try to build a new quad-core PC, leaving me with three desktops.4


Hmm I didnt think about it that way. I guess it could be considered, since official game servers for old games are shut down. So if BA needs game hosting (for these older, PM me and I can probably host a game or 2 :P


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS