BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 12h, 29m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5577MB of 10732MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: FTP access is gone        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am 
FTP Access

Haven't logged in for some time and now I have no access to the FTP server. Could anyone tell me what happened?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Probably your IP changed. Try updating the IP lock.

Other than that, without a proper description of the error you're getting, it's hard to diagnose

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 3.x
The same thing happened to me too. Looks like several users lost FTP access rights by mistake.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:01 pm 
Administrator

1796714721 wrote:
Haven't logged in for some time and now I have no access to the FTP server. Could anyone tell me what happened?

Since we have no registered FTP contribution or upload by you I can't verify that you have been eligible for FTP access. Unless you have some email or PM proving that you requested access and got it I am not sure how we can verify that you ever had FTP access.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
If you had FTP in another account, remember that if you have 24 or less posts your account will be deleted if you don't login in in 6 months or more.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.5.8
mrpijey wrote:
Since we have no registered FTP contribution or upload by you I can't verify that you have been eligible for FTP access. Unless you have some email or PM proving that you requested access and got it I am not sure how we can verify that you ever had FTP access.

Judging by the OP's registration date, it's highly possible that he applied (and possibly got approved) for FTP access before the new contribution rules went into effect.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am 
Administrator

Yeah, most likely. I have a theory of why the FTP access was removed from him and one other member. It's been sorted out and access has been restored.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
the Unices and linuces.
Well, i've only recently had the internet access to try and download, and im in the same boat. Ive tried to reset my password but im still left with
Command: USER valvedubstep
Response: 331 Password required for valvedubstep
Command: PASS ****************
Response: 530 Login or password incorrect!
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:41 am 
Administrator

Your account has not been removed, you are probably using the wrong password, just as it says. Check the FTP page and reset it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:06 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
the Unices and linuces.
^ Well, hell. That was it. When i copied it out of the servers page i guess i was either missing or getting an extra character. Typed it manually and it worked fine.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: FTP access is gone        Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
valvedubstep wrote:
^ Well, hell. That was it. When i copied it out of the servers page i guess i was either missing or getting an extra character. Typed it manually and it worked fine.

What often happens is a space character gets added and copied at the end of the string, if you're not careful when selecting the string with your mouse.

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager - my configuration manager for 86Box

Top  Profile