Why is tha image uploda goin so slw?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Post Reply
Kelsey24

Why is tha image uploda goin so slw?

Post by Kelsey24 »

Hey evry1! i jst signed up, bt ths image uploader thng is rlly bugging me, its supposed 2 b way mre reliable thn imageshck, but atm its way 2 slw to upload nething, it keeps failng on me. dus any1 knw how 2 make it faster?

Kelsey24

Post by Kelsey24 »

its goin a bt fastr nw, dnt no wat happnd?

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Hello.

Please speak properly on these forums otherwise you probably won't get a reply. Use proper grammar and spelling and please review the forum rules if you haven't done already.

The image uploader upload speed depends on how fast your connection is. If you frequently get timeouts try and reduce the image size a bit using a program like photoshop or even the XP image resize powertoy.

It is more reliable that imageshack in the fact that if this forum is online, so are the images. They are hosted on the same server and come over the same connection.

Kelsey24

Post by Kelsey24 »

hey, so on this forum u speak in normal? i thout on forums people used abbreviations?

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Kelsey24 wrote:hey, so on this forum u speak in normal? i thout on forums people used abbreviations?
Dumb forums use abbreviations. Here we speak properly because we actually want to understand what someone is trying to say. I also hate shorthand speaking, it just makes life harder for me trying to work out what word you're trying to say.

Kelsey24

Post by Kelsey24 »

sorry hun, i'll stop using abbreviations then. u seem pretty cool, can i add you to my msn?

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

Kelsey24 wrote:sorry hun, i'll stop using abbreviations then. u seem pretty cool, can i add you to my msn?
Sure, but I already added you

empireum
Donator
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by empireum »

Kelsey24 wrote:hey, so on this forum u speak in normal? i thout on forums people used abbreviations?
As Andy said, "dumb" forums use this. It also makes it hard for people that are no native English speakers (such as me, for instance) to understand what you're saying, and we value proper spelling and grammar very much. Heavily abbreviated posts are usually ignored and may even be deleted because they're so hard to understand.

Bender
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1524
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Bender »

empireum wrote:
Kelsey24 wrote:hey, so on this forum u speak in normal? i thout on forums people used abbreviations?
As Andy said, "dumb" forums use this. It also makes it hard for people that are no native English speakers (such as me, for instance) to understand what you're saying, and we value proper spelling and grammar very much. Heavily abbreviated posts are usually ignored and may even be deleted because they're so hard to understand.
OT, but if your Location didn't say Germany, I would have guessed that your native language was English, as your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is better than most native speakers here.
Image
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

empireum
Donator
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by empireum »

Fireware wrote:
empireum wrote:
Kelsey24 wrote:hey, so on this forum u speak in normal? i thout on forums people used abbreviations?
As Andy said, "dumb" forums use this. It also makes it hard for people that are no native English speakers (such as me, for instance) to understand what you're saying, and we value proper spelling and grammar very much. Heavily abbreviated posts are usually ignored and may even be deleted because they're so hard to understand.
OT, but if your Location didn't say Germany, I would have guessed that your native language was English, as your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is better than most native speakers here.
Thanks for the compliment.

Apache
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Devon, United Kindom

Re: Why is tha image uploda goin so slw?

Post by Apache »

Kelsey24 wrote:Hey evry1! i jst signed up, bt ths image uploader thng is rlly bugging me, its supposed 2 b way mre reliable thn imageshck, but atm its way 2 slw to upload nething, it keeps failng on me. dus any1 knw how 2 make it faster?
When you say it fails on you, do you get any kind of error message?
|3e|\|

Image
Image
The Number One HTTP Server On The Internet

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12628
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Why is tha image uploda goin so slw?

Post by Andy »

Apache wrote:
Kelsey24 wrote:Hey evry1! i jst signed up, bt ths image uploader thng is rlly bugging me, its supposed 2 b way mre reliable thn imageshck, but atm its way 2 slw to upload nething, it keeps failng on me. dus any1 knw how 2 make it faster?
When you say it fails on you, do you get any kind of error message?
If anything it would be a php execution time error which seems for some reason to have set itself back to 30 seconds, even though the script temporally sets it to 600 seconds.

Post Reply