Image uploader thumbnail size

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.

Do you think the thumbnails are too big?

No, keep them as they are
75%
Yes, resize to 100px width
No votes
Yes, resize to 150px width
17%
Yes, resize to 200px width
No votes
Yes, resize to 250px width
No votes
Yes, resize to 300px width
8%

Total votes: 12

Andy
Administrator

Image uploader thumbnail size

Post by Andy »

I've been thinking about this for some time now and I think the thumbnail images are a little too big and that now would be a good time to change the script to make them smaller.

Does anybody agree? If so what size do you think it should be set to?

This is a good idea because not only does it reduce the bandwidth usage but also loading time and I can also resize the current images to the new size to further increase the savings. However once this is done, it would be hard to go back. However I think its a good idea.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

Thumbs are fine. I dont see why someone should say they are too big... I dont like on other sites when you click on a 100x100 px thumb and you are even not sure what have you clicked

DanielC
FTP Access

Post by DanielC »

I have images set to 500 in width on my forum, personally I think that's the best size.
I don't like seeing loads of small images, nor do I like huge ones that stretch the page.
Having said that, bandwidth has never been an issue for me ...
~ Dan

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I think the current size is quite good as you can quite often see the image enough without having to click it, open a new tab etc, whereas if they were smaller you wouldn't be able to see much and would always have to open the full-size version.

Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

more like its too slow amirite
lol, internet