BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 11h, 6m | CPU: 57% | MEM: 5563MB of 10848MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:30 pm 
Administrator

I never thought I would do one of these posts... but the activity in the recent days has really lowered my expectations in people so I had to vent it somewhere... just to try to find if there are some smart people around still, or if all of this is for nothing...

The main reason I wanted to do this post was simply a disappointment of what happened today... I wake up after a good nights sleep (which is rare by itself) and what do I see? A long four page post where several BA members are bashing an another BA member about a post made on his forum. What the hell!? By the time I got into half of the thread I was ready to permanently ban every single one replying in that thread. I know we have more than a few immature members on this forum but this really was chocking to say the least...

Apart from this crap I had to endure the better part of yesterday dealing with some revisiting faker that intends on causing havoc on the beta scene by logging in and impersonating various members of this forum, all for his private enjoyment. He also hacked an another members MSN account which of course made things even worse. To top it off the same person tried to impersonate me by registering an Yahoo email address with my name (mrpijey). Let's make one thing clear: Anyone claiming to be me from any other MSN account than my own (being mrpijey@hotmail.com) is a fraud and should be immediately reported and ignored. And if I for some reason go offline I can get in touch with through Andy who has other means of contact me outside MSN or this forum.

There are times when I sit down and wonder why the heck I am still here. I got far better things to do than sit here among some members and see this kind of behavior. I joined the beta community (OSBA being first, BA second) for three reasons. 1. To collect betas and evaluate new products. 2. Meet people that knows a lot more than me about betas, discuss technical issues and in cooperation unlock "secrets" of these betas. 3. Meet friends which share the same interest as me. I did however not join this community to be part of the crap I've seen lately.

Some of you may think that because you're safely behind a keyboard you can do whatever you want to other people on the Internet. If you would have behaved this way in the real world you would have been suspended or kicked from work, suspended from school and even arrested. As far as I am concerned any of the actions I've seen is pure harassment and stalking, both punishable by law in any civilized country. If you harass people you WILL get arrested. If you stalk them, dig up info to be used against them you WILL get arrested. And hopefully jailed so you can be prevented from doing it again. It's however not that easy on the Internet. But it's still as damaging, if not even more since the victims can't as easily defend themelves by going to the police. The police does not care much about crimes like this. And there is no way to prove anything, it's all editable text and changeable IP addresses! Some of you may think you can prove things, but even if the stalker or faker admits who he is it's NO proof! The mere definition of a faker is someone that fakes stuff.

So what exactly compels someone to start harassing people on the Internet? Mental sickness? Or just pure evil? Either way it's WRONG, it's DESTRUCTIVE for everyone, even those that does not want anything to do with this. They may have come to this community for the same reason as mine, yet they suffer because some of you intend to do everything to destroy it. And remember, YOU are the losers as well. Since I guess you didn't come here to mess with people...

So... what sickens me the most here is that many rather known and respected members all of a sudden rally together to bash something that's not their business to start with. They create a mob, all for the purpose of discrediting and bashing an another BA member. Agreed, we can't all get along on the forum, but you don't bash people because of it. If you don't agree with someone you either ignore it and carry on, or you leave the community if you are incapable of ignoring people with different opinions without attacking them. As for the guy that posted stuff on HIS forum that's HIS business. He carries the responsibility for what is put on his forum, and there is no place on this forum to judge his.

Any single person on this forum are responsible for HIS/HER own actions. You can't come crying that someone else was the cause of you replying in anger or whatever. All you have to do is step away. You can report the post, you can PM moderators, but in the end you are responsible. So you will also face the consequences of your actions. I've had a long chat now with Andy about this, and we have decided on an outcome. Those of you affected has been notified. I am very disappointed in the scene and in people in general, but more so on the people of this forum, some of which I have begun to have faith in. That faith is now gone.

I really want to give people a chance, and I've tried to do a lot for some members so they can see that fighting and bitching about irrelevant stuff is pointless in the long run. With that I have given people a lot of leeway. That ends now. From now on I will be zero tolerant with behavior like this. Any flaming or ill-willed behavior will be instantly met with temp bans, and if it's repeated I will permanently ban people. I am tired of this crap. I will stay on BA because I've put a lot of work into it, and it wouldn't be fair to those members that are decent and has behaved themselves. Because you see, those people are the real losers. Those innocent people that has not done anything. Just like in a real war, it's the regular Mr and Mrs Joe that pays the ultimate price. Not the war generals sitting behind a $5000 desk somewhere far away from the battle field. So whoever you are that faked my persona, whoever people you are that keeps fighting and bullying about stupid things know this. I will stay. And there's nothing you can do about it.

You people make me sick and I feel sorry for everyone here that has to witness the devastation it brings to this site and the community as a whole.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:30 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I’d like to add to mrpijey’s blog post with my own, because some situations on the forum are increasingly becoming out of hand all the more often over the last few months.

I assume most of you are aware of the goings on between motherboardlove, obrasilo (battler), wildeye001 (James), KenOath, etc, etc. Well, it stops now. Right now. This morning a huge topic was removed from the forum with regard to some of the above users. The entire topic was flaming motherboardlove, his “supposed” lying, and various other issues regarding his authenticity. While I admit I may have had my doubts about him myself, that is no reason to flame any individual. What people post on the forum and how they portray themselves is up to them, and you have very little right to judge that. However flaming is going beyond the set limits and that is why a total of 8 BA members were banned for 7 days because of the topic.

It must also be noted that what goes on outside the forum has very little to no involvement with the forum what-so-ever. IRC/WLM conversations were posted on the forum that were otherwise private between the people involved in that conversation. Say what you want outside the forum, it’s not our concern, but don’t bring your problems onto the forum. We’re (the moderators and admins) are all sick of your problems being brought here to cause problems in our lives. We’re a beta forum, not a damn playground for your childish issues.

From now on anyone bringing their personal issues onto the forum will receive a 7 day ban. If you continue to bring your problems here, or continue to flame individuals, you will receive longer bans until eventually you will be banned permanently. We don’t need that kind of talk on the forum and in doing so you ruin BA’s reputation, whether you intended to or not. I agree every forum has their problems, but we don’t want them here. The majority of you are mature teenagers or adults, why can’t you act that way? You’re not little kids with childish problems who run to mum every time someone sends you hurtful messages. Grow up and act your age, not your shoe size. You’re all old enough to know better so act that way, or you’ll soon see yourself looking for another place to discuss betas.

I may sound very harsh at the moment, but you all have to face up to reality that the forum is not the place to pounce on people you dislike. Your problems are not our problems so don’t bring them here. I don’t know how many times I have to say it, but I want the message to get through to everyone.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
I totally agree with you guys, I know how annoying this is (i had a forum once, that ended up as a flame platform) Also i want to say this, This is the BEST forum i've ever visited and i do it everyday almost every 2 hours to look if there any new news regarding Beta's Alpha's or something else intresting. So please stop the flames, we have already have too much wars at the moment on this planet.

And Andy, mrpijey keep up the good work, you rock! :mrgreen:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 pm 
Donator

Wow, I didn't see this coming. Last few days everything seemed fine and now it looks like
it hit the fan. Andy and Mr. Pijey, you guys keep this forum to a standard matched only by a few other forums.
Kidiots seem to weed themselves out or grow up. Don't be discouraged by things like what happened this morning. (I still have no idea what exactly went on...)
I also totally agree with you guys.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:58 pm 
Donator

Andy, I may missed this, but how about that vulgar talking kid that register just for trash-talking BA? Is he banned yet? I lost my mood when logging in to BA to see that kid, what his name again? Troll? :x

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm 
Donator

[Post Removed by Author]

Last edited by Kenneth on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Windows OCManage wrote:
History is repeating itself. I have a feeling that this board may go down the exact same way as OSBA.

That will never happen, so please don't think like that.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:56 pm 
FTP Access

Windows OCManage wrote:
History is repeating itself. I have a feeling that this board may go down the exact same way as OSBA.

I don't really think that might happen because of the actions that I hope'll be taken towards the members that create the problems.

I think that some of us actually make the forum worth it (I don't post much but I read most topics and post when I think I can give something useful).

This place has become a place full of either guys who think they know how to dominate our worlds because they think they're too cool and they're just here to prove they are "superior" (to their points of view) , or by children who are not mature enough to control their keyboards, and who think that because the internet has no rules, and we're not there to see them, think they can insult us and write useless topics.

I'd rather be a non-poster than a useless-or-problem-creator-poster.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:35 pm 
Administrator

Windows OCManage wrote:

If you think that then you have not paid enough attention to what has happened in the past on this forum... BA is not going to go down because of some immature individuals screwing with the forum. For the forum to go down it has to be done by both Andy and me which is very unlikely... Yes, one day it may be taken down, but it will be for completely other reasons.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:22 pm 
Donator

I took a break from posting on this forum) because it didn't feel like the same forum as it used to be when i first came here, full of new and exciting information on betas and computers at every corner. I know have a lot of good stuff to go over now even though I just started but we all have to try to get the best stuff onto BA that we can, I know i'll be trying hard :P.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
Wow. Just .. wow. Why would people do things like this ?! Also I clocked people saying "BA will go the same way as OSBA did". Well, I hope not ! Since OSBA closed, BA was created and it's literally become OSBA .. minus the flaming and everything bad about it. Or so I thought. Who cares about whatever happened in that topic ? BA is BA, not <put a board where people flame each other here>.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm 
Donator

Well... I take back what I said before.

Hopefully, BA can become a place where people can post and ask for/about information/betas without being flamed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:06 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
FarCry3r wrote:
Andy, I may missed this, but how about that vulgar talking kid that register just for trash-talking BA? Is he banned yet? I lost my mood when logging in to BA to see that kid, what his name again? Troll? :x

He is gone, his posts are gone, hopefully his persona won't somehow come back here.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:21 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
I dont want this [censored] to keep flaring.

I JUST WANT MY MSN ACCOUNT BACK!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
What happened? Was it that longhorn 4030 post?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 am 
Administrator

That's not really important, we don't need to bring up that discussion again. Those that were involved has been reprimanded, as for those not involved I recommend that they stay that way. For the sake of all the members.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
Ok I understand, the last thing I want is to reignite old trouble

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 pm 
Donator

I'd recommend doing some searches for any 0-day scriptified exploits for the forum software you run. The "hacking" these people seem to do is exactly that... premade kiddie scripts.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
yikes!

yeah the drama forums pick up, can be sad....and it makes people not want to visit or contribute, i dont come here everyday, but i really like this place a lot, more so then other places i have been, good job on keeping some order!

peas
cityboy

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:42 pm 
FTP Access

I'm REALLY not trying to make a pun here, but was I the only one who read:
"I am VERY disappointed...in Andy's and mrpijey's Blog" ?
:P

Back on topic, I'm sorry for what has happened. Identity Theft on the internet or in real life is beyond prohibited, but unfortunately, it's so easy to impersonate anyone easily on the internet. I rarely get on MSN or this board like I used to back in the early days, but I must commend you both, Andy and mrpijey, on maintaining a strong establishment and keeping the drama away from the boards. It keeps me visiting, rather than removing the bookmark off my browser. So whatever DID happen, I'm sorry and I'm glad you both took proper action of the situation.

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:08 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
What did I miss, I was too busy enjoying the spanish weather (sun and sea mist)

I personally, do despise motherb********* (I also may well have hinted my annoyance in one or two posts), but this hate and flame thread I hear of, to be fair I'm not surprised that it has happened.

dj_cityboy wrote:
yikes!

yeah the drama forums pick up, can be sad....and it makes people not want to visit or contribute

moreorless my view.

I will now proceed 30cm left to bang my head on a desk, taraa

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:06 am 

As the internet becomes widely available, a lot of under age kids gets access to the internet. Since we can't actually "see" who you really are or how old are you, you can be fooling your age everywhere. As kids don't have a maturely developed mind or thoughts, they might have done things we as an adult know we aren't supposed to do (even though we do actually make mistakes at times), so what I can see for preventing this from happening again is to have strict policy on member's ages. Most forum do that because they are also actually irritated by those kiddies.

To be honest, I will be equally upset and disappointed where something like this can happen to an established forum as this. Hopefully it will not happen again and never.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 am 
Donator

Removed since its unintentionally causing more trouble

Last edited by happy dude on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 pm 
Administrator

I am not even going to dignify all this with a proper response since you are not even interested in hearing one. Because one is away on MSN doesn't mean that I can't receive messages. And you don't even know me half as good as most members here if you assume that I don't want to listen to a banned member, if I didn't want to listen to you then you wouldn't have seen me online at all (i.e blocked from MSN).

As for the decision for the ban, stop taking it so damn personally. It was meant to get point across to everyone here. It was excessive yes but it was required. If you were part of running a site like BA you would have understood this. And it was a one week temp ban, big whoop.

As for my initial post on this thread I suggest you google up the definition of a "blog". Maybe you'll learn something new there. You have no idea what happened during these last days so you are the very last one on this planet that can judge on how I felt or experienced all this. And trust me, your temp ban was insignificant in comparison. Too bad you didn't get the message, I know others did.

From now on I will not post any more of these blogs since they are apparently useless.

To the rest of the members, enjoy your stay on BA and see you out there.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I am VERY disappointed...        Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
^^ sadly i hear what your saying i am a mod at joejoe.org, and i feel as though from time to time i have burned bridges because of peoples attitudes getting in the way, leading them to get banned, and people take things to personally...i have lost many friends from having to deal with their crap being brought to the site...becuase they feel as though they are personally being attacked or picked on

being a mod is a great job and a great way to lead a hand in a great community, but it has its handful of things you have to deal with on and offline as well....

i am sure there are plenty of people out there that hate me because of things that have happened on the site, which i feel i have to keep validating so people understand the reasoning as to why things have taken place the way they have...but you cant do that forever, and even if you give the reasoning...most people only hear what they wanna hear....in the end your the bad guy (end of story)

keep on keeping on brother is all i say and the nay-sayers can preach to the choir!!!

Top  Profile  WWW