BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 15h, 0m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 6219MB of 11054MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

I hate being the bringer of bad news in any shape or form, but today I got called into work for a meeting, a meeting that I would never expect to happen...

I have been made redundant effective immediately.

The reason being that the company is over budget on the number of hours they are giving out, and since I was the last one to start work there, I'm the first one to leave if problems like this occur, and they have.

To top it all off, I'm also ill which has made this far worse than it should have been for me. My life can only get worse...

As a result of this, you pretty much know what I'm going to say... BetaArchive will have to rely heavily on donations again until I find another job, and this will not be easy in the current crisis.

There isn't much more I can say except its up to you guys to keep this site alive for now...

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 am 
FTP Access

I'm sorry to hear that Andy :(
I hope you find a new job really soon :)

I just bought a new PC, and that stuck me overbudget for the next month or two, but I'll donate as soon as I can.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
That's crap Andy. It's really not been your month has it? been ill and now this :(

I'll donate as soon as I get some more EMA, should be in a weeks time :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
Donator

I'm very sorry for you, i will donate again soon, i promise.
And maybe it is time to put some google adds on the site, just temporary to stop this site from going down.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:13 pm 
FTP Access

[censored], I'll look or I have something in my pocket to donate.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
damn dude!

sorry to hear this man, i know how tough losing your job can be man, i was laid off of my last 3 jobs due to businesses "going out of business" or closing, it sux man, hopefully things turn around man and your land yourself a sweet new job!!

good luck
peas
cityboy

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 pm 
FTP Access

If I had PayPal account, I'd pay a few pounds, but I don't have one. Sorry :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 pm 
Donator

crap, i wish i had money but i will tryt o scrounge up a few anyway.

good luck

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Bit of a sensible suggestion coming up...

Get a team of dedicated members to earn some money each month through slicethepie (i manage to pay my car insurance everymonth out of what i earn there and that is nearly 250gbp a month)

it would atleast ease things a bit, and i would be more than happy to do some :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 pm 
Donator

I'm so sorry...
I wish I was able to donate... :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm 
FTP Access

Sorry to hear it mate, I know how it feels as we're having some redundancies at our place too, we're meant to be finding out by the end of this week who's got to go :S Hope you manage to find something else and get well again soon :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:38 pm 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
I would put up advertizements, atleast for unregistered users.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:58 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Frozenport wrote:
I would put up advertizements, atleast for unregistered users.

I would if adsense hadn't banned me from their service. No other good ad providers out there, and anyway I always swore BA would be ad free...

So far the donations are enough, see this month we've already made enough to cover the server. You guys just have to keep that trend going until I find another job.

Even if its only £5 or even £1, it all helps. If all the regular members donated £1 each every month, that would cover the server no problem at all...

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 pm 
Donator

that sucks man, never good losing a job. I would donate but I have moved out from home now and money is a little tight (need to buy text books etc...)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:49 am 
FTP Access

Ohhh
It's a true shame that you've had such terrible news... Anyway... Don't give up, I'm sure we may bring this up. I'm not sure if I may pay over the net yet, but I'll make my best 4 it!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Sorry to hear about that Andy..

We just heard that one of our remote offices closed today and it's a matter of time before the layoffs approach our main office..

"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." --Rabindranath Tagore

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:17 am 
Donator

That's sad news. I'd donate but I am being mucked round by my job regarding pay and owe my parents $150 for a PSU i needed. When I sort it all out ill be able to donate though I hope. I think i'm gonna save more this year than I did last year as well as that means more bank interest which will help. I mean it's not worth pouring too much cash into expendtiure in case I lose my job. I mean its only a paper run but its the only way for me to earn money at the moment.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:10 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
owch. I don't know where you worked, but sorry to hear that.

I'd donate, but unless 22p is any use, that's all I got. You can have it if you want, but pay-and-rip-me-off-and-steal-my-money-pal will probably take it all.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The economic crisis has finally hit me        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
That sucks :(

Hope you get a new job!

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]