BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 5h, 47m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 5974MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:19 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

As you may have noticed, I got off on the wrong foot when I sent those e-mails. My main intention was to simply find out from those who have hosting if they would like to keep using it. However, it turned into a frenzy of people asking me to keep their BA accounts, simply because they could not read the e-mail sent to them. I have so far had over 50 PM's sent to me, all going along the lines of "I still use my account, please keep it alive!". These people obviously did not read the e-mail sent to them or chose to ignore every part except the bit that said "close your account if you don't reply".

It stated at least twice in that e-mail that it was for any free BA hosting accounts, and that includes in the title which is the first thing you see before you even open the e-mail! Please people, learn to read an entire e-mail thoroughly before you take any action following it. If you don't it just makes you look like an idiot! Plus, it also adds extra work load to myself that I was intending to avoid with the simple e-mail.

Thankfully however, some people did fully read the e-mail and did do what it asked them, so thank you to those people, your BA hosting accounts are safe.

And to those who think that e-mail was spam and replied to it stating so, let me know your account name so I can delete you. You obviously don't appreciate the importance of such information being given to you by the Admin of the site. If this were your hosting account in jeopardy you'd soon complain if it was removed without warning.

If it were up to me, everyone who couldn't understand plain English would be off this site in a flash. Sadly however, a large majority of the greatest members are of non-English origin and to do such a thing would be unfair to them since they can speak and understand English just fine. So please, read fully in future and if you're unsure what it says, don't guess, just ask!

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:31 am 
Donator

E-Mail?
I didn't get any e-mail...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 am 
FTP Access

The e-mail was only for people like DjRob who are hosting their website on BetaArchive.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 am 
Donator

dexter152 wrote:
The e-mail was only for people like DjRob who are hosting their website on BetaArchive.

<sarcasm>...because Andy's post made absolutely no reference to web hosting.</sarcasm>

Let me guess, we're you one of those who said don't delete my forum account?

Last edited by happy dude on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:54 am 
FTP Access

happy dude wrote:
Let me guess, we're you one of those who said don't delete my forum account?

Me? No, dude.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:52 pm 
FTP Access

dexter152 wrote:

Not so. I got one am I am not hosting. Pretty easy to read and understand though, Andy.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: About the free hosting e-mails        Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
davehc wrote:
dexter152 wrote:

Not so. I got one am I am not hosting. Pretty easy to read and understand though, Andy.

He was sending an Mass-email (to everyone on the board at the same time).
So if you got an e-mail and you do NOT have hosting just delete the message, people with hosting accounts (like me) must send an PM to andy.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]