BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 23h, 10m | CPU: 24% | MEM: 5624MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:32 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

I'm not sure what caused the SQL error on the sessions table but the system "shut down" unexpectedly. I'll keep an eye on the problem and try to find out the cause. In the mean time I might set up a cron job to "repair" the tables periodically to avoid such errors again.

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 pm 
FTP Access

I also noticed that the PC directory in the Beta OSes section on the FTP is deleted or I cant find it :?

Curious or this might because of the failure this day :o

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:07 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
The new USB disk hasn't come back online with the server so the folder disappeared, as it was only an alias. I am working with the data center to get it fixed now.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:59 pm 
Administrator

And people, don't worry, we got everything backed up :). In a worst case scenario we can host the files elsewhere, but that's only a final solution.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:29 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Update:

The USB disk has apparently "broken" and an intervention is scheduled for the disk to be checked and/or replaced. Perhaps the USB disk was a bad idea, but unless we want the extra space its either the USB disk or we pay almost 2.5x more and get the server they offer with 6TB of disk space. However, its too expensive even with donations at this point in time.

Back to the USB failure however, the 300GB of data I moved over will probably be lost, but, mrpijey has a backup so hopefully he can re-upload it and oh ****... My backup will also have deleted my copy since it syncs with the server and its no longer there... Um, yeah, change of plan definitely needed there. Without mrpijey having a backup that could have been catastrophic.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated.

EDIT: Thank pizza and chips for that! My syncing hasn't been working so the data IS still there. Probably the only time in my life a failure has helped me...!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Update:

The disk is now working. I guess the power or the USB plug came loose. Lets hope we have no more problems!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:21 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
I've just installed a cron job to automatically repair the sessions table incase it becomes corrupt. The cron runs every 60 seconds, so there should never be more than 60 seconds downtime if it happens. :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm 
Donator

At least we resolved this problem!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Short Downtime and SQL error        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 pm 
FTP Access

Uh, the problem might encounter again as it says a few pixels under the header of the forum. Now lets hope the Wiki rises back from the dead!

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]