BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 23h, 57m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 6000MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: On the topic of wars... It ends now, right now.        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:11 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hello all,

Some of you might be aware that Obrasilo was banned from the forum last week because of his inability to stop causing problems and harassing people both on the forum, and via MSN, myself and members of this forum included. As a result, he was banned on the forum and blocked on my MSN.

Now, the facts and lies are, quite frankly, getting very very boring and confusing. Nobody seems to know what is fact or fiction anymore in this so called "conflict" which despite the blocking and banning is still going on outside of the forum. I now have people contacting me on MSN because I closed the OSBG site Obrasilo ran on the BA hosting. I closed it because he didn't think I would after giving him a warning to stop harassing me and other people, and just like a child thinking "whats he gonna do" I did it, and now he can't accept that either. The site, its database and e-mail account is all gone, with no backup and no way to get it back.

Because of this entire mess, from now on, ANYONE, yes ANYONE, who brings up this conflict in any shape or form both on the forum or on my own MSN account, will be BANNED or BLOCKED PERMENENTLY, with NO WARNING and NO SECOND CHANCES. Is that clear to everyone?

We have coped with a lot on this forum, and there isn't a fat chance in hell I am letting it end up like OSBA did. You can keep the problem to PM between anyone you want to except me, oh, and leave KenOath out of it as well, because he's even more fed up than I am.

As of now this war is over in this forum and my MSN account. Anyone who doesn't abide by this will be banned or blocked permanently with no warning, no second chances, and no chance of ever getting back onto the forum.

I hope this is clear enough because I sure as hell can't make it any clearer.

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
:)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:59 pm 
Well, it is a heavy punishment but I have to agree, cause I didn't find any way better than yours to keep the forum in peace. You did the right choice.. By the way, why don't we drink a beer to relax? :P

PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
umm...
well i don't know what this is all about but i think its a good rule :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:31 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM | iPhone OS 3.0
I'm agree with you.
Thanks for sending this mail about this topic! (H)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm 
Donator

No idea what you're talking about and I'm on here most of the day

Nonetheless... :-#

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: On the topic of wars... It ends now, right now.        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:52 pm 
Donator

Andy wrote:
We have coped with a lot on this forum, [color=darkred]and there isn't a fat chance in hell I am letting it end up like OSBA did. You can keep the problem to PM between anyone you want to except me, oh, and leave KenOath out of it as well, because he's even more fed up than I am.

don't give it even a single tiny chance as it would lead to bigger chance...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
It's about time this happened!

I would like to say (and this isn't in the nature of a complaint or a flame) that with the war ending people should be more open with the software and knowledge that they have. Keeping things firmly clutched to one's chest is not good, that's why these wars start; because people aren't satisfied with not getting what they know is there, and so they'll become irritable and start making fakes.

I know I said about finding Windows Premiere on Vetusware a while ago, but what I meant was that it should have been kept to being available, mainly, from here: it isn't, after all, that difficult to join and converse with people to gain the required posts to obtain the FTP details. With Windows Chicago, I'm getting sick of builds appearing and turning out to be fake, or appearing but only in the private collection of a member who won't share. SHARING IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Anyway, thanks Andy - and let's hope that the war finally stays ended.

Last edited by Tootles on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
Finally.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
Well I get it and it will hope to god never do anything like it!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
AmigaOS3.9
Read and understood, Andy.

It saddens me that people can't play nicely along with the BS rules. But for the sake of a friendly atmosphere, I beleive you did the right thing.

Btw, I didn't even know there was a "war" going on here... been preoccupied with so many other things :lol

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:37 pm 
Donator

I myself didn't really see any war going on but thats driving the point nice and hard to anyone trying to pick fights. I don't want this forum to go bad like OSBA did. I wasn't a member but people have talked about that in many other forums.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 pm 
Donator

Thanks, Andy.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Gentoo
Man i wish i knew what was going on o.O

I should come here more often, heh.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:30 pm 
FTP Access

kichimi wrote:

I don't know what the latest stuff is all about either, I haven't seen anything since the problems with the account hacker/faker a couple of weeks ago - I think most of us don't know, it's just a few people involved in the problems and hopefully it's finally sorted now anyway :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
As i know,he loves to request thing to other :?

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I was never even aware of this "war". How absent-minded of me.

Then again, I don't post as much as you guys... Or even come on to the forum that much.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:15 am 
FTP Access

I'm aware that "Insulting" is number one on the list of rules for this site. Perhaps adding an official rule for "Harassment" involving any members within the forums or outside using communication tools such as electronic mail, instant messaging, internet relay chat, phone device [including audio, visual, and text messaging], social-networking based web services, peer to peer services, in person, and other networking and communication programs and services available to the public media.

Obviously, this could be re-worded, but it covers almost all areas of where harassment may take place. We may never actually call someone [but it's possible to find their number easily with MSN Mobile, FaceBook, websites, etc.] nor ever meet someone in person [but you never know], but it's best to keep the rule out there for people to realize we take harassment, insulting, and abuse of one another very seriously.

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 am 
FTP Access

Wow, I pop back in after a month or two and I find the same crap that was here when I left. I think Andy should require new members to fax him proof of age, or charge a fee (which he can keep or donate) to register, to verify the age of members. Obviously kids are not going to be as able to pay money over the internet, and would not want to if they didn't know what was on the site, whereas an adult should be able to send an electronic payment which would not impact them financially (everyone should be able to afford $5).

Anyways, it's all about the betas. This forum is not your mommy's shoulder, it's not your friend's basement, no one cares about your problems or you as an individual, all we care about are the betas (you as in the person reading this, not you as in Andy).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
HP keystroke RPL
troyoda1990 wrote:
I'm aware that "Insulting" is number one on the list of rules for this site. Perhaps adding an official rule for "Harassment" involving any members within the forums or outside using communication tools such as electronic mail, instant messaging, internet relay chat, phone device [including audio, visual, and text messaging], social-networking based web services, peer to peer services, in person, and other networking and communication programs and services available to the public media.

I don't agree with this, it is too easy to fake it and harassment on other sites should be dealt with there except in extreme cases. This would lead to people posting a thread here asking for bans whenever someone offended them.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:41 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Gentoo
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
kichimi wrote:

I don't know what the latest stuff is all about either, I haven't seen anything since the problems with the account hacker/faker a couple of weeks ago - I think most of us don't know, it's just a few people involved in the problems and hopefully it's finally sorted now anyway :)

What account hacker/faker thing o.O

Man ive missed so much lol

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:22 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
expert01 wrote:
Wow, I pop back in after a month or two and I find the same crap that was here when I left. I think Andy should require new members to fax him proof of age, or charge a fee (which he can keep or donate) to register, to verify the age of members. Obviously kids are not going to be as able to pay money over the internet, and would not want to if they didn't know what was on the site, whereas an adult should be able to send an electronic payment which would not impact them financially (everyone should be able to afford $5).

Anyways, it's all about the betas. This forum is not your mommy's shoulder, it's not your friend's basement, no one cares about your problems or you as an individual, all we care about are the betas (you as in the person reading this, not you as in Andy).

If we did this we'd lose the younger generation of beta collectors, and I'm not prepared to do that in light of a few ignorant people. I do agree with the extra rule addition though, we have another suggestion in the staff forum too which I will also take up, although unrelated to this situation.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 pm 
Donator

troyoda1990 wrote:

You haven't thought this out haven't you? Looks good on paper but it will never work in real life.

Speaking of rules, notably Andy - stop making so many of them. There are currently 16 rules, with all the "sub rules", it adds up to 45 rules, give or take a few because I'm constantly failing at maths.

It seems to me every time something "major" happens on here yet another rule is added. At this rate everyone will eventually be banned on BA for breaking a rule. Yes there will always be a few people out to cause trouble but think, is it really worth it to add yet more rules because of a few users.

BA's going to end up, boring, stale and eventually looked upon as the site full of rules that no one visits - mostly because a proportion are banned.

Probably going to get a warning or be banned for this... meh

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:15 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
happy dude wrote:
troyoda1990 wrote:

You haven't thought this out haven't you? Looks good on paper but it will never work in real life.

Speaking of rules, notably Andy - stop making so many of them. There are currently 16 rules, with all the "sub rules", it adds up to 45 rules, give or take a few because I'm constantly failing at maths.

It seems to me every time something "major" happens on here yet another rule is added. At this rate everyone will eventually be banned on BA for breaking a rule. Yes there will always be a few people out to cause trouble but think, is it really worth it to add yet more rules because of a few users.

BA's going to end up, boring, stale and eventually looked upon as the site full of rules that no one visits - mostly because a proportion are banned.

Probably going to get a warning or be banned for this... meh

Rules are there to protect the forum members and explain to the dumb asses who can't even read properly yet because they're still acting like they're in play school, how the forum works. If you don't explain every possibility they'll start arguing ways around it. Thats why there are so many sub-rules, it explains every possibility that can happen that I could think of at the time. Anyway go and look at your internet connection or bank account terms and conditions. BA has no where near as many as those do so don't complain.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:20 pm 
Donator

Andy wrote:
Rules are there to protect the forum members and explain to the dumb asses who can't even read properly yet because they're still acting like they're in play school, how the forum works. If you don't explain every possibility they'll start arguing ways around it. Thats why there are so many sub-rules, it explains every possibility that can happen that I could think of at the time. Anyway go and look at your internet connection or bank account terms and conditions. BA has no where near as many as those do so don't complain.

Yes but that's to cover their ass from being sued because they're professional companies - BA is a forum. It's unfair on all the users when 2 or 3 cause some trouble so yet another rule is added, making the forum stricter and more unfun.

Anyway this isn't going to get across so I may as well shut up now.

:^)

ADD: Majority of users stirring [censored] on here are under 13, fyi.

Last edited by happy dude on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next